zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:24 AM

Flameglow is too strong.

soul link + eternal resolve glyph + pvp trinkets set bonus is also too strong...a good warlock can't die.

Feint (elusiveness) is also too strong, a bad rogue die easily because he trinkets randomly and get caught in full stuns without feint buff up but a good rogue will NEVER die.

Defensive stance is too strong.

Blood presence is too strong.

Imho all these passive damage mitigation abilities were fine during MoP but they should have been tuned down for the slower paced WoD playstyle, they are now way too strong :(

Edit :

Forgot to read this before writing my reply, sorry for my useless post :(

soul link is not passive dr, the pet needs healing too. the damage doesn't just dissapear like with flameglow

Edited by zajklon, 16 February 2015 - 01:25 AM.

#44 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:59 AM

Flameglow is strong against a lot of comps. I'd say run a recount to see how strong it really is against things like rogue/lock but I'm sure it'd break some recounts

#45 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

Yeah I'm tired of seeing 30% of my damage absorbed through a passive sheild. Especially when I barely get to attack the Mage anyway.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#46 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

soul link is not passive dr, the pet needs healing too. the damage doesn't just dissapear like with flameglow

100% agree, It's better to play with GoSac in RBGs or against wizards cleaves that love to zerg your pet but It's still a very strong talent.

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#47 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 2170
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1553

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:16 AM

Where's the shadow priest passive damage mitigation? :3

When I compare my class to this on topic Flameglow+Spellsteal glyph+stealing enemy Hots on top of all the mobility, self peels and IBx2 it makes me feel like a bug :[

They are making Alter Time a 1 min cd so some people will spec into that vs burst teams that can't spam purge.
Blizz will see that Flameglow is not being used 100% of the time => nerfs will never come. #Blizzlogic

Edited by Anboniwow, 16 February 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#48 synxblaze

synxblaze
  • Junkies

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

are you all fucking retarded flameglow sucks nigger cock against anything but shitty aff locks, it's not 30% dmg reduction. if you get hit for 3k it absorbs 1.5k if you get hit for 85k by a hunter scumlord it absorbs fucking 1.5k and you still die instantaneously.

why dont u complain about the REAL maximum damage reductions like feint, soul link, blood presence, defensive stance, spirit bond heal bullshit.

lol

#49 yosisters

yosisters
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1133
  • 3v3: 1888
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1622

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

Tbh I dotn see why locks complain about flameglow. Sure it is strongest vs locks but as a lock and a mage I still feel that locks are, as they always have been, a counter to mages. And locks have a passive 10% reduction and are crazy tanky. I would take a 10% dmg reduction over flame glove every day of the week.

#50 Friedkitteh

Friedkitteh
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

Just remove all of the stupid passives that play the game for you - that goes for all classes
Just be friends pls <3

#51 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

Just remove all of the stupid passives that play the game for you - that goes for all classes

Only passive damage reduction I'd leave in the game would be Soul Link, it's just too iconic of a ability, besides, Warlocks were always the PvP tanks who relied on outlasting/outtanking people.

Remove Unending Resolve glyph, remove Spirit Bond, remove Flameglow, change Defensive Stance ( make it that you've got a % damage reduction for a short time after swapping to defensive stance, and give the effect a internal cooldown ), remove Feint glyph ( or increase duration to 8 seconds but give it a 60 second cooldown, even then it'd be op as fuck ), do the same thing to Blood Presence as with Warriors, voila survivability creep solved.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#52 ImUrHuckleBerry

ImUrHuckleBerry
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/1/2/0/1/.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

feint costs energy, a global, and a talent (and to be completely fair the other talents in that tier completely suck, cheat death & leeching poison). Where as almost every other reduction listed is passive, or has no cost, or is a baseline skill.

#53 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

feint costs energy, a global, and a talent (and to be completely fair the other talents in that tier completely suck, cheat death & leeching poison). Where as almost every other reduction listed is passive, or has no cost, or is a baseline skill.

It's also undispellable, spammable (not that you would), and a straight 50% AOE damage reduction. That lowers the damage of a 10k hit to 5k. Flameglow would lower the damage of a 10k hit to about 8900.

#54 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

Tbh I dotn see why locks complain about flameglow. Sure it is strongest vs locks but as a lock and a mage I still feel that locks are, as they always have been, a counter to mages. And locks have a passive 10% reduction and are crazy tanky. I would take a 10% dmg reduction over flame glove every day of the week.

what are you talking about flameglow against a lot of comps is a 30% damage reduction
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#55 ImUrHuckleBerry

ImUrHuckleBerry
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/1/2/0/1/.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

It's also undispellable, spammable (not that you would), and a straight 50% AOE damage reduction. That lowers the damage of a 10k hit to 5k. Flameglow would lower the damage of a 10k hit to about 8900.

and at the same time flameglow reduces a 5k dot tick to about 3500, as seen by the screenshots earlier. Look some moves really fuck up other skills. Without shit like that this game would be so god damn vanilla.

Feint is fine against single target moves (especially at its cost), borderline OP against AOE, but theres what 3 big dmg AOE moves in the game (blade storm, orb, and nova? and I guarantee the majority of mages wish orbs and ice nova didn't exist and would rather have old shatter combos).

Flameglow really counters DOTs but is basically useless against big crit dmg moves like frost strike, obliterate, MS, execute, etc.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1843
  • 3v3: 2208
  • RBG: 1570

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:06 AM

^ that's a stupid logic.You don't just untarget a class just because they're immortal because of the mechanics ,but because of the invividual player skill.
You can say like '' ok ok this mage is kiting me very good , i can't get to him let's swap rogue'' , you cannot say fuck mage let's go rogue because mage is so tanky by default''.
Get the difference?

Better stop talking azurewrath, the MoP hero has spoken

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1843
  • 3v3: 2208
  • RBG: 1570

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

"that's a stupid logic" immediately followed by indecipherable gibberish, followed by a smug "get the difference?". Millennial?

#58 Azureflames

Azureflames
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

Pretty sure the 30% reduction to all, stacks with the 50% aoe reduction giving 65% reduction against AOE abilities like Ice Nova. My flameglow is closer to 2k reduction.

what are you talking about flameglow against a lot of comps is a 30% damage reduction

The vast majority of comps I see are some kind of melee cleave or hunter + melee, Warlock+warrior(sometimes rogue), or mage/rogue(spriest, rarely warrior). None of those comps are particularly close to 30% mitigation from flameglow but maybe I can take a look at my recount after games and try to find the highest ones.

Edited by Azureflames, 18 February 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#59 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

It's really mostly strong against Hunters and Warlocks, two classes that have been quite "anti-mage" for a long time. But I think it would be better if they would just change it to 10% damage reduction across the board and bring it in line with Warlock glyph and Hunter talent.

#60 Np-

Np-
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/./././././.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

Pretty sure the 30% reduction to all, stacks with the 50% aoe reduction giving 65% reduction against AOE abilities like Ice Nova. My flameglow is closer to 2k reduction.

The vast majority of comps I see are some kind of melee cleave or hunter + melee, Warlock+warrior(sometimes rogue), or mage/rogue(spriest, rarely warrior). None of those comps are particularly close to 30% mitigation from flameglow but maybe I can take a look at my recount after games and try to find the highest ones.

Afaik feint does not reduce the damage on ice nova. Only will it do so in the case that the rogue is not a direct target of the ice nova, but the direct target of it is near him. It deals direct damage not counted as AoE which is the high numbers you see, and a second portion, as AoE if nearby targets. Feint only reduces the second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<