• Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/dk4mp2A.jpg

Flameglow 2 strong.

Flameglow is really nice against most damage sources but it has its failings. The way I feel about flameglow is a lot of classes are practically untargetable(comp dependent) because their survivability is so good or focusing them does nothing to stop their damage. Mages are not one of those classes. You train them and complain they are hard to kill when you don't even think of trying to hit other targets because they are too tough or will take too long to burn through their cooldowns. Rogue for example many comps don't bother to target unless the rogues trinket is down and they have a long stun up. Even then they might not.

Mages are getting some nice damage buffs so maybe survivability can be tuned down a notch. Though by the looks of the ptr, damage is going up across the board and that could be a literal death sentence.

#22 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1963
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:49 PM

^ that's a stupid logic.You don't just untarget a class just because they're immortal because of the mechanics ,but because of the invividual player skill.
You can say like '' ok ok this mage is kiting me very good , i can't get to him let's swap rogue'' , you cannot say fuck mage let's go rogue because mage is so tanky by default''.
Get the difference?

#23 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

regardless of whether flameglow is too strong or not, it will always be the most complained about passive defence simply because of how visible the damage reduction from it is - people also would not be complaining about it nearly as much if the mage they were fighting did not almost always have a resto druid behind them

with how damage is on the ptr with pvp trinkets tripling in power, i think a lot more mages here are going to start asking for it to be changed to a passive 10% damage reduction talent, seeing how that would remain just as effective vs the increased damage, while flameglow gets weaker as damage increases and scales negatively with the increased versatility from the trinkets

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 14 February 2015 - 12:06 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#24 akatyrone

akatyrone
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2505
  • 3v3: 2760
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2043

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

perma ban any mage who queues arena

oh look now the game is 69% better just fix hunters and the game is balanced.

you forgot all the faggots that don't know how to play sub rogue

Edited by akatyrone, 14 February 2015 - 12:12 AM.

#25 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:12 AM

They should probably replace flameglow with the Temporal Shield that was in MoP
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#26 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

They should probably replace flameglow with the Temporal Shield that was in MoP

temporal shield pre nerf was more complained about then flameglow ever will be, and temporal shield post nerf was weaker then flameglow vs almost every single comp - people just didn't understand how weak it actually was and continued to use it

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#27 Nahj

Nahj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2430
  • LocationAZ

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:27 AM

So does soul link, feint, dstance and even blood presence. A lot of classes are just too tanky forces a lot of boring scripted matchups.

#28 Azureflames

Azureflames
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

^ that's a stupid logic.You don't just untarget a class just because they're immortal because of the mechanics ,but because of the invividual player skill.
You can say like '' ok ok this mage is kiting me very good , i can't get to him let's swap rogue'' , you cannot say fuck mage let's go rogue because mage is so tanky by default''.
Get the difference?

No I don't understand what you are saying.

For example, many times my team will not seek to kill a rogue because we don't have enough disable, even when his trinket is down, to secure a kill on him. If the rogue uses feint liberally and hits any other sort of button when we are doing damage we will never get a kill on him, even when getting the healer in a deep 2-3sheeps followed by fear with no break. You can call it player skill if you want but between the rogues cooldowns and the healers cooldowns we don't have a window to get a kill.

That is not to say we never kill rogues. I am not playing at 3k rating but at 2200mmr rogues can often be bad about using feint, chasing when they shouldn't, bad cooldown use, etc. that has resulted in us getting kills on them. But if we were to try to kill rogues often, their cooldowns would outlast us.

What's the difference between an active and a passive when the net result is the same? Maybe at lower levels the active does not get used correctly, but if the active is getting used correctly a class is still too strong. If you want to agree with me that some other classes could have cooldown or number changes then I can see flameglow getting nerfed as well.

But as I said before, damage is going up and I think that nerfing defensives now would be premature.

So does soul link, feint, dstance and even blood presence. A lot of classes are just too tanky forces a lot of boring scripted matchups.

I agree with this.

Edited by Azureflames, 14 February 2015 - 12:30 AM.

#29 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:29 AM

get in line
my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#30 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 3140
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2754

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

can warlocks/rogues/warrs/dks also blink stuns? (ok lol dks)

#31 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:40 AM

can warlocks/rogues/warrs/dks also blink stuns? (ok lol dks)

can mages cast lock port/gateway/vanish/cloak/evasion/bladestorm/spell reflect/stun multiple targets?

your posts are usually better then this :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 14 February 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#32 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

can mages please just use ice barrier again
Posted Image

#33 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:01 AM

can mages please just use ice barrier again

/thread

make it good again and just make mages use it, it was by far one of most iconic things about mages, part of mage class idenitity basically

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#34 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 3140
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2754

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:15 AM

can mages cast lock port/gateway/vanish/cloak/evasion/bladestorm/spell reflect/stun multiple targets?

your posts are usually better then this :)

Wasn't exactly a very serious post. Either way, few of those abilities come close to the power of blink.
I just don't think flameglow should completely shit on dot classes, and be shitty vs hard hitting classes.

edit: and I guess, at the moment, mages can in fact "stun" several targets :^)

Edited by Wallirik, 14 February 2015 - 02:16 AM.

#35 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

If Flameglow gets nerfed, IB needs a massive buff. With the amount of dispels available to everyone, it almost never absorbs to full duration. No dispel + no GCD make Flameglow strong, not the amount it absorbs. It's still strong vs. dots, but it's shit against big damage.

#36 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 1849
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

I'm pretty sure every mage wants to use barrier but we just can't. With everyone and their mother having spammable offensive dispels on top of barrier having dogshit absorb, it's just not viable. It's iconic and second nature for most of us, and it's a shame we can't afford to use it. As long as RDruids remain our healbot overlords, Flameglow will just be default. Barrier would need insane buffs (IE: undispellability or something equally outrageous such as toning down dispels) for it to compare.

#37 Keelinm1

Keelinm1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 1702
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:40 PM

Do u c me cum in2 ur class 4ums and bitch like this?
sometimes i sit up & wonder what could have happened if i never got a job or life, but instead dedicated all my days to my 8/10 normal brf guild http://puu.sh/hd87p.jpg

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2305
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1935

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

+1

Edited by Jayroy, 05 May 2017 - 09:32 AM.

#39 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

are you all fucking retarded flameglow sucks nigger cock against anything but shitty aff locks, it's not 30% dmg reduction. if you get hit for 3k it absorbs 1.5k if you get hit for 85k by a hunter scumlord it absorbs fucking 1.5k and you still die instantaneously.

why dont u complain about the REAL maximum damage reductions like feint, soul link, blood presence, defensive stance, spirit bond heal bullshit.

Its good versus a lot more classes than affli lock (dk, rogues come to mind straight away), but at the moment its not really a choice mages are just forced into taking it because time warp and ice barrier compared to it are shit.

#40 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

Flameglow is too strong.

soul link + eternal resolve glyph + pvp trinkets set bonus is also too strong...a good warlock can't die.

Feint (elusiveness) is also too strong, a bad rogue die easily because he trinkets randomly and get caught in full stuns without feint buff up but a good rogue will NEVER die.

Defensive stance is too strong.

Blood presence is too strong.

Imho all these passive damage mitigation abilities were fine during MoP but they should have been tuned down for the slower paced WoD playstyle, they are now way too strong :(

Edit :

Forgot to read this before writing my reply, sorry for my useless post :(

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<