Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:57. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

A few questions about boomkin...

balance fury mw treesg advice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ferduun

Ferduun
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1640
  • 3v3: 1213

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

Hello there, I am trying to push some rating as boomkin (1550 atm), and have some questions.

1. As Boomy/FWar/MW, it seems that melee cleaves, TreeSG above all, just wreck us:
-If we go on one of the melee, the druid will easily keep everyone topped off, spam Cyclones and los/outrange our own cc.
-If we try to go on the druid, the two melee will swap to bstance/fpresence and absolutely DESTROY our healer in about 5 seconds after port/cocoon.
-I feel I'm doing 0 damage on anyone as I'm spamming cc on the two melee 80% of the time just to let our healer breathe.
-Speaking of damage, is it even worthy to keep my dots on everyone against a rdruid? They feel useless as everyone is at 100% hp, always. If someone falls lower, there's NS.
What do we do?

2. What's my role in the arena?
I try to keep at least one of the enemies in some sort of CC all the time, spread dots and keep starsurge at 2 charges unless bursting.
Rejuvenation and Nature's Vigil if we're falling apart, decurse Hex. Doing anything wrong?

3. If off CD, I tend to use Nature's Vigil when bursting to avoid counterpressure, is it actually a good idea?

4. Against RMD, we ruin the opener no matter what, correct?

5. Besides shamans and retri palas, what are our best kill targets?

6. Is it EVER worth it to use starfall instead of starsurge?

If someone could answer any of these, It'd be great!

Thanks.

#2 Azuremars

Azuremars
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1641

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Sounds like your monk's not staggering his defensives well enough and that you and your warrior could improve on peeling. You should go mostly on the healer. Root and clone melee often to reduce their pressure and starfall often. Spread damage but focus pressure on the healer.

Use vigil almost on cd if your healing is likely to matter.

Your role is to set the pressure. Warrior (who should be arms BTW) will mostly go on healers to make it harder to keep up with your spread damage. You keep CCS up and only really starsurge instead of fall if you have a chance to focus hard and maybe get a kill.

#3 Alidia

Alidia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 1989
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

Sounds like your monk's not staggering his defensives well enough and that you and your warrior could improve on peeling. You should go mostly on the healer. Root and clone melee often to reduce their pressure and starfall often. Spread damage but focus pressure on the healer.

Use vigil almost on cd if your healing is likely to matter.

Your role is to set the pressure. Warrior (who should be arms BTW) will mostly go on healers to make it harder to keep up with your spread damage. You keep CCS up and only really starsurge instead of fall if you have a chance to focus hard and maybe get a kill.

What this guy said, against especially shamans and holy paladins if you dot everyone and starfall you will see an insane increase in pressure once the shaman starts dropping to, with the warrior on him. Same thing can happen to a resto druid if you help your warrior connect by basically spamming fearie swarm on him when he tries to kite.

I don't have much xp with this comp but i've seen others do it and lost to it on my lock, remember to use stampeding roar to for when your healer might be out of los for dispels, to help your warrior apply pressure.

#4 Ferduun

Ferduun
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1640
  • 3v3: 1213

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for your input, will try to do as you said.

#5 Resteo

Resteo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Durotan
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1657
  • 3v3: 1619
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

Im playing this comp at around 1800-1900 MMR and it is very viable if played right, Okay so regarding your "role" your Role as the main form of CC in your comp is to be a utility player while spreading damage so this means dotting every target and trying to spread damage to give your warrior multiple targets to think about switching to. I find that we generally go in there with a game plan and come out with a win in a different way just because of how many times we switch in a match. So being the utility player means you always are running full cyclone Dr's on someone and then immediately swaping them on another person when peeling for your MW, when you know his bubble is about to be down save DR's for the Dps and use full Dr's no matter what on both Dps targets this should give your healer enough time recover, and for you to turn that CC into pressure with a quick clone/Root beam on their healer and some quick burst on a target. When you burst on a target a good thing to do is to cyclone him when hes low to block the heals and swap on another target, either the healer or the other Dps. This creates a huge amount of pressure in and of its self right here allowing you to either swap back when your Dr's are off your main target. Atleast I know this is how i play it and it works for me we've won about 20/23 games that we've played using this strategy. So hopefully this helps man. GL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, fury, mw, treesg, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users