• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2238
  • 3v3: 1055

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

Hey!

As the topic says, will it still be worth going human in 6.1? I understand that the trinket-changes arent huge, but it is indeed somewhat of a gap-closer between humans and other races. So will we see some high-rated people going back to join me on the horde side? :eek:

#2 Arteqt

Arteqt
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2209
  • 3v3: 2107
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 1608

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

More high rated players on alliance = more people to play with. Nobody will move to Horde unless blizzard makes some horde racials seriously OP, which is unlikely.

#3 baggylol

baggylol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1426
  • 3v3: 1648
  • RBG: 958

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

What did they change?

#4 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

What did they change?

doubled the effects and cd on proc and use trinkets afaik
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#5 Deru

Deru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2238
  • 3v3: 1055

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

What did they change?

Added new pvp-trinkets.
http : //ptr.wowhead.com/item=122707/primal-gladiators-medallion-of-adaptation (Cant post links, so remove the spaces)

#6 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

people are not alliance because of racials, people are alliance because since teams were removed, the pvp ladder will always be either 99% alliance or 99% horde, and the majority of players will follow what they see the top players doing - there is absolutely no reason to play a different faction to the majority unless you already have people there with you to play with, regardless of what they do to trinkets

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 11 February 2015 - 11:41 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#7 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 1849
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

people are not alliance because of racials, people are alliance because since teams were removed, the pvp ladder will always be either 99% alliance or 99% horde, and the majority of players will follow what they see the top players doing - there is absolutely no reason to play a different faction to the majority unless you already have people there with you to play with, regardless of what they do to trinkets

This is mostly true, and in 6.1 the gap will become more narrow with better Cleanse trinkets and the Stoneform nerf, but Human will remain the hands down best racial for mongo-damage spam. It's a big part of why Alliance is the 99% currently. Additionally, considering the state of Druids, Night Elves are the clear choice for the additional vanish, which has multiple uses and completely dwarfs the utility of Tauren or Troll. Conveniently, they also reside on Alliance, further exacerbating the problem.

If they just removed Racials from arena altogether, I'm sure some people would bitch up a storm, but in the long run would go a long way to help achieve actual balance.

#8 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

Actually the changes on PTR make humans more desirable than ever as a PvP race. The goal of the changes is not to nerf Humans, but to bring PvP trinkets more in line with PvE trinkets.

For example:

Scabbard of Kyanos: 2200 Strength for 10 sec every 1.5 mins
New on use trinket: 14.8% versatility (1924 rating) for 20 sec every 2 mins, +322 Strength permanently

I'm not 100% familiar with the scaling, but those ~1900 Strength difference during the PvP trinket use should be roughly a 15% damage increase on most big hitting melee abilities like Obliterate or MS, which means the new PvP trinket will be stronger, not even considering the 15% damage reduction you get on top of that.

If you consider the on-use trinket required, the current comparison is:
Human: +70 Versatility, 970 main stat on proc
other race: +277 Crit

so 70 Versatility, 970 proc vs. 277 crit

With 6.1 it will be:
Human: +322 Versatility, 1146 main stat on proc
other race: +484 Versatility

so 1146 main stat proc vs. 162 versatility

I think the overall value of the Human racial remains roughly the same with these changes. The on use trinket with its big buff to the main stat will be more required than ever even for sustained DPS classes.

#9 Kvxyo

Kvxyo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/2/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2171
  • 3v3: 2210
  • RBG: 1742

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

If they just removed Racials from arena altogether, I'm sure some people would bitch up a storm, but in the long run would go a long way to help achieve actual balance.

Whilst this would equate in better balance... it would also further homogenize the game.

It's a tricky situation for Blizzard really since in some cases achieving balance results in homogenization due to putting yourself in a position to compare apples with apples etc.

#10 ImUrHuckleBerry

ImUrHuckleBerry
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/1/2/0/1/.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:54 PM

actually you could argue that removing racial all together would not only make balancing easier but make the game less homogenized because instead of choosing a race based on its racial, you choose based on aesthetics.

racials are dumb and do nothing but add an extra variable to make balancing more difficult, and it effects faction populations. Which then effects world pvp, wonder why alliance win Ashran so much compared to horde, it can't be because majority of pvpers went alliance for the racials.

#11 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

I just got this memo from official forum spamming windowlickers and apparently human racial is still keeping them from having fun in the world of warcraft in 6.1.
Posted Image

#12 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

humans will be even more amazing with the patch
Posted Image

#13 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

actually you could argue that removing racial all together would not only make balancing easier but make the game less homogenized because instead of choosing a race based on its racial, you choose based on aesthetics.

racials are dumb and do nothing but add an extra variable to make balancing more difficult, and it effects faction populations. Which then effects world pvp, wonder why alliance win Ashran so much compared to horde, it can't be because majority of pvpers went alliance for the racials.

This. Even more: give us mixed factions arenas too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<