Photo

Elemental stat priority

elemental stat priority

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 termo

termo

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

This is a topic that seems to be in contention, though most agree now that haste is our best stat, where do the rest lie? Novoz explaining on stream that multistrike is our worst stat while others still arguing that it should be the highest or at least second highest priority after haste. I've done some sims on my own and come up with the following results:

Int > Haste > Mastery= Vers > Multi > Crit

This is based on the effectiveness of multi/crit being reduced in pvp. I don't have a lot of experience with simming, so I'm hoping someone can chime in and confirm these values. Speculating though haste definitely does seem like our best stat due to faster flame shock ticks resulting in additional lava surge procs and perhaps even some non dps related factors making it good such as faster globals and hex casts.

Interestingly at the beginning of the expansion everyone was in agreement that multistrike was our best stat, probably due to pve based sims. I personally have geared my toon heavily towards multistrike, which I'll now have to reverse over time.

If anyone has any opinions (preferably backed by some evidence) on what the most optimal stat priority is and why, would appreciate hearing them.

#2 DjBenx

DjBenx
  • Jeffjones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1871
  • 3v3: 2465
  • RBG: 2213

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

no one ran sims with the pvp reduced crit option enable and top players just went off of icy veins so thats why everyones gear is shit
Review signature guidelines

#3 Blithe

Blithe
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/2/0/0/0/0

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

I'm still confused as to what we should choose. I see people using Haste builds, people using Crit builds, people using Multistrike builds and even people using Mastery builds (no one likes you Versatility, go away).

I was certain that it'd be Multistrike when I started playing the season, and I'm really skeptical about buying my first piece of gear until I know what build to go.

Why are Vers/Mastery better than Mult/Crit?

I thought Mult/Crit/Haste were our top 3, even if they're bad in pvp.

#4 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

i was under the assumption (i dont play ele) Int>Multistrike>Crit>mastery/haste

#5 Stealthsultn

Stealthsultn
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/0/0/.
  • LocationColorado, US

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:16 AM

Multistrike is nerfed in pvp, but its buffed for ele vs other classes through elemental overload....so I don't know.

This is information I would like to know.

#6 Bewdetdef

Bewdetdef
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostwolf
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

It depends on two things: If you can cast or not.

If you cant, you dont gear for haste. You gear for multistrike. If you can cast, you gear for haste and not for multi.

And since in 90% of all fights (arena) you will most likely never cast, you go for multistrike. RBGs might be a totally different thing, since you can hide your turrent (esp when dwarf) in bushes etc.

That sums it up.
Posted Image

Karma...

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

It depends on two things: If you can cast or not.

If you cant, you dont gear for haste. You gear for multistrike. If you can cast, you gear for haste and not for multi.

out of interest, why would multistrike benefit not being able to cast more then haste?

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#8 Bewdetdef

Bewdetdef
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostwolf
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

out of interest, why would multistrike benefit not being able to cast more then haste?

I didnt say you cant go for a mix. Sure you can.
Posted Image

Karma...

#9 Stealthsultn

Stealthsultn
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/0/0/.
  • LocationColorado, US

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:29 AM

Because it increases the damage of your instant lava bursts, which in some cases are the only thing you have space to cast.

However, I don't the the numbers, haste will give you extra lava surge procs from faster ticking dots.

#10 Bewdetdef

Bewdetdef
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostwolf
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

I would go multistrike all the way, because this can happen that you nuke 3/4 of someones entire hp in 1-2sec. With one pre-casted lava burst and one proc ontop. You dont really want long games as ele anyway
Posted Image

Karma...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<