• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1663

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:55 AM

Sup bros, I got my alt mage geared up and have been playing god comp. I'm lookin for some general strats vs certain comps

WLS=No idea, we getting farmed
RLD=Kill lock pet go lock?
RMD=I think go mage?

In general how do we go about killing lock pets, we are doing fine with it now but we are playing against rats so i don't want to get used to it. Should i use a nova on pet or na?

thanks m8s

#2 Gelu

Gelu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2460
  • 3v3: 2935
  • RBG: 1814

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

WLS: kill warrior in a disarm bash with deep sheep on healer , you cant really lose ever. if its a fury warr or the lock is saccing pets you can also kill him too. Swapping shaman without trinket will also get you a kill in a disarm bash silence.

RLD: kill rogue once again in a disarm bash, can swap on rdruid as well and one shot him.

RMD: kill the mage, make sure you use everything to stop the RMD doing cc (have your priest stack on druid and play around los) Deep the druid when he is going for clone and set up off of it with a disarm/silence on mage and root / clone on rogue.Contrary to popular belief, you cant lose against RMD if you cc rogue buff and use everything to stop CC on your druid.

Killing lock pets: I wouldn't advise using nova on it, using DP it with lances and comet storm should suffice.

Hope i helped somewhat :^)

Edited by Gelu, 06 February 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#3 razmog

razmog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1219
  • 3v3: 1527
  • 5v5: 1614
  • RBG: 1897

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Hi Gelu and all

New to arena and god comp , I wanted to know what's the plan versus any hunt team, war/hunt, ret/hunt, feral/hunt and rogue/hunt

We usually go on hunt 3 times, the 3rd being the good one, but we struggle a lot in between

and a ridiculous auestion about the timed burst to be sure : what's the sequence ? Deep first , dps , sheep or should I start dps on horror before ccing?

Thanks for the help

PS: gelu will you stream during the tournament next week ? Do you stream in general ?

#4 Gelu

Gelu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2460
  • 3v3: 2935
  • RBG: 1814

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

Hey! The hunter comp question really depends on the comp you're facing but in general you should win against all these comps you mentioned.
As a general rule of thumb, you should always kill ret Paladins otherwise they will heal their partners and sac them out of cc. you can swap on the hunter in this comp when he pet sacs the ret, however its generally better to just tunnel the ret start to finish.

This also goes for Feral teams, every time there is a feral on the team, they are the main target, however you can kill the hunter in a horrify bash once he blows his trinket on cc.

War/hunter you can kill the warr as long as he is arms (fury will passive heal therefore its more beneficial to kill the hunter).

and against rogue hunter you should kill the hunter as the rogue will keep running for resets and it is a lot likelier that he will be able to get cooldowns back faster then the hunter.
Between your set ups you're going to be trying to get icicles / cloning and sheeping the dps to reduce pressure on your sp.

On the topic about timing your burst, you're going to want to land a sheep or clone on the off dps, then immediately deep the healer and horrify your kill target at the same time to allow you to cast a polymorph onto the healer out of your deep freeze. This way will make you able to always get cross cc unless the enemy team trinkets to interrupt you.
Always cast ring first as if they do interupt you, you will be able to cast a polymorph out.

Unfortunately my net is currently too bad to stream, but after the wow tourny i will be upgrading my net allowing me to stream, unsure how long that will take. However the stream i'll be using is http://www.twitch.tv/gelubaba/ :)

#5 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

On the topic about timing your burst, you're going to want to land a sheep or clone on the off dps, then immediately deep the healer and horrify your kill target at the same time to allow you to cast a polymorph onto the healer out of your deep freeze.

lots of good info in there but i just wanted to emphasize this part in case anyone missed it.

this right here is godcomp in a nutshell right now, with a bash off horrify when possible on kill target. as a mage you want to be saving blazing speed or blink for deep on healer so you can get behind the pillar with the enemy healer and line interrupts in case someone trinkets.

a lot of the time you are simply waiting for poly on second dps through the 1000s of interrupts the enemy team has, then as soon as its landed you just blazing speed deep poly healer while spriest horrify mindblast 3 orb the kill target. if the mage has double nova and the spriest does proper 5 orb rotation you will get something every time.

when you get better at doing damage you can often force smaller cds like iron bark or pet sac before the big deep poly horrify as well.

#6 razmog

razmog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1219
  • 3v3: 1527
  • 5v5: 1614
  • RBG: 1897

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for answering

In-between Deep and sheep, when i get 3-4 seconds of deep duration, should I waste a gcd DPSing? risking to be interrupt. Usually I'm justing waiting 1-2 sec doing nothing and start sheeping (now I will start Ring before sheep)

Orb is not that important for a kill I suppose

#7 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

orb is your biggest burst after nova :/

Edited by zajklon, 14 February 2015 - 02:58 PM.

#8 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1616
  • 3v3: 2116
  • LocationPrague

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:26 AM

WLS: kill warrior in a disarm bash with deep sheep on healer , you cant really lose ever. if its a fury warr or the lock is saccing pets you can also kill him too. Swapping shaman without trinket will also get you a kill in a disarm bash silence.

RLD: kill rogue once again in a disarm bash, can swap on rdruid as well and one shot him.

RMD: kill the mage, make sure you use everything to stop the RMD doing cc (have your priest stack on druid and play around los) Deep the druid when he is going for clone and set up off of it with a disarm/silence on mage and root / clone on rogue.Contrary to popular belief, you cant lose against RMD if you cc rogue buff and use everything to stop CC on your druid.

Killing lock pets: I wouldn't advise using nova on it, using DP it with lances and comet storm should suffice.

Hope i helped somewhat :^)

Holy shit a helpful post on AJ :o
Kul Tiras-EU / Outland-EU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<