Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:17. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Affli/resto sham problems

Warlock Shaman Druid Rogue Hunter Resto Affli Problem 2v2 Arena

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Morketid

Morketid
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 1730

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

Hello, I've been playing Affli lock/resto sham in 2v2 with a friend. I feel like we can beat most comps, but we have a lot of issues with 2 comps in particular. We queued 20 something games and won about 70% of them. The only teams we lost to were Resto druid/hunter or combat rogue.

rDruid/hunter:

This comp is beatable but tough for us. We always get this team on Dalaran, which enables them to just run around pillars spamming instants, and it's really hard to score a kill. This matchup usually goes to deep dampening and even at that point it's not a favorable matchup for us. I think our winrate against this comp is somewhere between 30% and 40%. On Dalaran arena I don't remember winning against a decent rDruid/hunter team.
Not sure if dispell or CS is better against this. Dispell allows me to dispell traps from my healer or myself to keep pressure, but without CS I can't stop clones and heals as effectively. I usually start with dispell, and then I switch to felhunter if the situation seems right.

rDruid/rogue:

I feel like it doesn't matter who the rogue sits on. He can sit on me to shut down a lot of my damage or sit on my shaman to stop healing and purges. We have been close to beating it some times, but if the team is decent, it feels like a total counter comp. We are able to survive well against this, but the other team survives better I feel like.
The rogue has cloak pretty much every time he needs it, and the druid isn't easy to kill either (especially with rogue peels).

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for playing against these comps? Special specs or glyphs? I just think we must be doing something wrong against these teams, since they are so much tougher for us to beat compared to other teams.

Sorry for the long post.

Edit: we are playing at about 2k mmr.

#2 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

Just some things I can think of

- Against Druids always use the Felhunter pet. There are several reasons: Felhunter has CS AND offensive dispel, which adds quite a bit of pressure. It also does WAY more damage than Imp when the enemies are pillar/box hugging and using los constantly.

- Against Rogues it is all about the peeling while doing constant pressure, if possible to both targets. If the Rogue is on your Shaman make your Shaman hug pillars like crazy and make use of his snare totem and ghost wolf. Try to drag the rogue away from the healer to get him out in the open. As a Warlock you should stay close to your Shaman and Fear/Shadowfury the rogue as much as possible

- If the Rogue is on you it will be harder because Shamans can't peel THAT effectively. In that case I would go really offensive on the Shaman side with spam-dispels on the Rogue. Together you should be able to stop most Cyclones with CS and Wind Shear combined.

In general Warlocks are just awful to play right now in 2v2 (sadly). That doesn't mean you can't succeed with them, it's just not really fun. The reason is that you just can't force a kill within the first 10 minutes of the match against good team. Teams that know how to play you may even play totally defensive for like 10-12 minutes and then try to burst you through high dampening. The really good teams know pretty much exactly how much dampening they need so they can kill you in a burst with your healer being unable to heal you up. And with the shit mobility and finishing quality that Warlocks have currently, they are totally free to drag the game out to exactly that point.

#3 Sampha

Sampha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2551
  • 3v3: 2506
  • RBG: 1759

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

Been playing that comp too and beat 90% of druid/hunters. Basically unless you can score a kill on the hunter in the first minute, it will go to deep dampening but just gotta help your sham survive as long as possible. Go shadowfury and only stun when hunters in your sham's line, you'll probably be able to land loads of double sfurys because your sham should hug the pillar. Obv get fear chains on healer at the start to force cd's and maybe even kill, but as soon as dampening gets higher you just gotta keep the pressure up and you'll win. Frozen ammo, traps etc etc will make it so annoying just make sure you annoy the hunter more with fears etc.

#4 Morketid

Morketid
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 1730

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

Okay, thanks for the tips. What about rDruid/rogue though? I feel like that's our biggest problem atm.

#5 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

Okay, thanks for the tips. What about rDruid/rogue though? I feel like that's our biggest problem atm.

Rogue/healer is really almost a counter to Warlock comps. Rogues are the only class that can outdamage me over the course of the whole game because they can just stop SO MUCH of my damage by training me all game. Your only viable kill target on that comp is the rogue because with your low mobility and the Rogues insane peeling power you will never get pressure on the Druid.

Even pressuring the Rogue is hard because you have to go up against Stuns, Garotte, Kick, Gouge, Shadow Cloak immunity, Killing Spree immunity, Vanish, which are all things that will stop your casts.

As said in my post above your strategy is to go offensive on the rogue on the rare times you have all your dots up on him and his Shadow Cloak is down. Try to drag him around pillars as much as possible to los the Druid and/or get him out in the open. Stun totem can be used quite effectively when hugging pillars, double Shadowfury is also often possible. You have to coordinate really well with your Shaman here. Wait until shadow cloak is down, get full dots and SB:Haunt on Rogue, pop CDs and start CC chain on Druid.

Unlike other teams you often won't beat Rogue/Druid by just going into high dampening because as said above a good Rogue will lock you down so much that their overall pressure is higher. Rogues go down quickly though when their CDs are down, so you have to make use of those opportunities.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warlock, Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Hunter, Resto, Affli, Problem, 2v2, Arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users