#41 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

No need for all the hate and language but your right Sub is just as easy if not easier than Combat, you do the same exact thing. Stun dance or Killing spree. Only thing is it is very hard for a rogue to keep red buff which is where our damage comes from against good players. Its really easy to lock down a rogue in yellow buff so it resets.

Sub you don't have to wait for stacks all you have to do is get a bleed up and find weakness. That is by far a lot easier, unless you completely ignore the rogue all game then when you get stunned and killing spreed on you cry for rogue nerfs. But still to this day this far into the season people just let the rogue tunnel someone and don't treat him as a deadly opponent. This comes from years of Sub being the only viable choice. No one was scared of a rogue till he dance, then you just cced him, people are still in that mind frame.

Anyways just blame/thank Woundman for having the brains and commitment to be a hipster figure out that Combat is both fun and viable.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? You have zero clue about anything, just stop posting your bullshit already and go play another 500 games in 2s, maybe you get above 1500.
Posted Image

#42 Chubbsmalone

Chubbsmalone

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

Let's be honest, with the way Killing Spree is designed it will either be complete garbage or OP, there is no middle ground.

I think the appeal of Combat (for some) is that you can actually create pressure without major cooldowns; just like a DK/Warrior/Feral. Sub struggles to do this. Outside of dance you are just a CC bot, setting up damage opportunities for your partner.

#43 SPGojay

SPGojay
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1732
  • 3v3: 2001
  • RBG: 1135

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

What the actual fuck are you talking about? You have zero clue about anything, just stop posting your bullshit already and go play another 500 games in 2s, maybe you get above 1500.

lol didnt explain one indifference just bashed him, bad.

#44 SPGojay

SPGojay
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

No, people hate combat because getting 100-0 with unpeelable, single button press damage is absolutely disgusting. Combat rogues right now are in the same place hunters and DKs were in s5, deity tier.

really? REALLLY????????? REALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? please delete ur wow account. no one is getting 100-0 in red buff ks(alone) , no one i promise, maybe you should put gear on when you do arena, i mean you don't have to being a warrior and all facerolling anything you attack.

#45 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

lol didnt explain one indifference just bashed him, bad.

People have tried already multiple times but it's like talking to a wall.
Posted Image

#46 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

really? REALLLY????????? REALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? please delete ur wow account. no one is getting 100-0 in red buff ks(alone) , no one i promise, maybe you should put gear on when you do arena, i mean you don't have to being a warrior and all facerolling anything you attack.

You can't be serious can you?

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#47 Kidneygod

Kidneygod
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2402
  • 3v3: 2331
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1810

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

no one is getting 100-0 in red buff ks

Many people are. At least when i que. It's that awesome feeling when i can take a sip of gungho and watch my rogue do 250k dmg with one button.

#48 SPGojay

SPGojay
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

You can't be serious can you?

im just saying a warrior getting red buffed ks dieing from 100-0 alone isant right they have defensive cds trinkets, in a kidney with mage or other dps yeah that shit will happen but alone 100% to 0% exactly is not going to happen, not defending ks red buff it does alot of dmg but imma call out people who are bull shitten. sry if you disagree. but thats the truth

#49 SPGojay

SPGojay
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

Many people are. At least when i que. It's that awesome feeling when i can take a sip of gungho and watch my rogue do 250k dmg with one button.

i have 300k health with buffs in arena so 250k isan't 100-0

#50 Phat

Phat
  • Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

It would be nice to see a demonstration video of "red buff killing spree with on use trinket" used on 100% health pvp geared targets just to see what % it takes them down to. Could just have the target stand there in a duel, let rogue get red buff, have target heal to full, then pop killing spree/trinket.

Could also do the same test with other major offensive CDs used by various classes. I think it would back up or prove wrong various claims made by posters on this forum.

#51 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

i have 300k health with buffs in arena so 250k isan't 100-0

Oh, I suppose it's fine then.
Posted Image

#52 SPGojay

SPGojay
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

It would be nice to see a demonstration video of "red buff killing spree with on use trinket" used on 100% health pvp geared targets just to see what % it takes them down to. Could just have the target stand there in a duel, let rogue get red buff, have target heal to full, then pop killing spree/trinket.

Could also do the same test with other major offensive CDs used by various classes. I think it would back up or prove wrong various claims made by posters on this forum.

yah i like that who knows maybe im a tard, but like i said red buff ks is really really good, broken honestly. but i believe that its not 100-0 alone.

#53 Dak1

Dak1
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2065
  • 3v3: 2036
  • 5v5: 1832
  • RBG: 2117

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:15 PM

yah i like that who knows maybe im a tard, but like i said red buff ks is really really good, broken honestly. but i believe that its not 100-0 alone.

Taking somebody from 100 -> 15/20/30 with a single button push is still a problem. You're basically saying 70% is execute range.
Posted Image

#54 Phat

Phat
  • Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

Really, I'd like to see "big offensive CDs" from all classes just to compare all the health %s actually taken away. Killing spree is kind of like a fast acting very powerful DoT. A more powerful devouring plague if you will. One that can't be peeled once the button is pressed, but has a longer cooldown (than DP for example). No, I am not saying DP is out of control, just using it as an example of a spell. I'm sure other classes can take huge %s of another players health with one button press (with CDs used) but it would be nice to see actual numbers on a player as a target dummy.

#55 akatyrone

akatyrone
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2505
  • 3v3: 2760
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2043

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

what a bunch of nincompoops

#56 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

Honestly even though subtlety is also ridiculously strong, I'd much prefer that being overpowered than combat rogues.

At least sub is strong because it has so much control and allows for many set ups that will lead to kills, compared to combat rogues that just fizz around and pve all game long until they eventually get a red spree that wins the game. I can tell the difference between Pikaboo, Mir, etc. compared to other higher rated sub rogues. But the difference between nessper and all the other random combat fizzers? Pretty much nonexistent. Combat forces you to play like a fucking moron, and you can make 100 mistakes per second because as long as you're just spamming sinister strike and spamming 5p finishers to make the most out of ruthlessness, you can just get as many red sprees as possible to eventually win you the game.

TL;DR rather lose to something that has too much control/can set up too much (godcomp last season for example, which you could just compare to sub rogues now) vs random pve dampeners (MW dps sham x last season, which is just like combat rogues - pveing and basically only playing not to lose to win games). Win or lose, I don't have any fun vs combat rogues, especially just combat rogue/resto druid x.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#57 Zipzo

Zipzo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1009
  • 3v3: 1115
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Yeah whatever. Can you delusional combat rogues stop trying beg for everyones acceptance for your monkey spec? Thank you.

I actually do not play combat so your request falls in deaf ears. Of course I've gone about tinkering with combat it but it does not provide me with the same kind of fun Sub does. My opinion stands unchanged despite this. So it seems you're the delusional one, just because a Rogue thinks it's okay for combat to be viable doesn't mean they are automatically a combat rogue. Thank you.

No, people hate combat because getting 100-0 with unpeelable, single button press damage is absolutely disgusting. Combat rogues right now are in the same place hunters and DKs were in s5, deity tier.

This is rather a huge exaggeration. "100-0". In what time frame? Technically, doesn't anyone who dies in an arena match go "100-0", just at varying amounts of time spent alive? It's not like a combat rogue walks up to you, and you die from 100% to 0%, in a literal OHKO. It takes a decent amount of time for a combat rogue to build up to that red buff, and in that time there is plenty that you can do. Like healing/getting healed, rooting or ccing the rogue to alleviate insight pressure, and a host of other things. Nobody just goes "100-0" in arena, if it does happen, it wasn't the combat rogues fault and their target must have been a sitting duck, with no gear.

Also, it isn't a single button. Revealing strike must be kept up, adrush must be used intelligently (and occasionally bflurry), eviscerate and slice and dice must be properly cycled to maximize damage over time. BoS or Shadowstep must be used to close distances intelligently so they aren't wasted. Then there is the entire rest of the rogue toolkit which doesn't automatically become unusable just because they are playing combat.

I'm sorry but you don't get anywhere in this argument by making ridiculous claims like "1 button" or "100-0", especially when they are far from the truth in pretty much every case in the game, rogues not withstanding.

#58 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

I actually do not play combat so your request falls in deaf ears. Of course I've gone about tinkering with combat it but it does not provide me with the same kind of fun Sub does. My opinion stands unchanged despite this. So it seems you're the delusional one, just because a Rogue thinks it's okay for combat to be viable doesn't mean they are automatically a combat rogue. Thank you.

This is rather a huge exaggeration. "100-0". In what time frame? Technically, doesn't anyone who dies in an arena match go "100-0", just at varying amounts of time spent alive? It's not like a combat rogue walks up to you, and you die from 100% to 0%, in a literal OHKO. It takes a decent amount of time for a combat rogue to build up to that red buff, and in that time there is plenty that you can do. Like healing/getting healed, rooting or ccing the rogue to alleviate insight pressure, and a host of other things. Nobody just goes "100-0" in arena, if it does happen, it wasn't the combat rogues fault and their target must have been a sitting duck, with no gear.

Also, it isn't a single button. Revealing strike must be kept up, adrush must be used intelligently (and occasionally bflurry), eviscerate and slice and dice must be properly cycled to maximize damage over time. BoS or Shadowstep must be used to close distances intelligently so they aren't wasted. Then there is the entire rest of the rogue toolkit which doesn't automatically become unusable just because they are playing combat.

I'm sorry but you don't get anywhere in this argument by making ridiculous claims like "1 button" or "100-0", especially when they are far from the truth in pretty much every case in the game, rogues not withstanding.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Kidneygod

Kidneygod
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2402
  • 3v3: 2331
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1810

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Nobody just goes "100-0" in arena
Revealing strike must be kept up,
adrush must be used intelligently
eviscerate must be properly cycled to maximize damage over time.
BoS must be used to close distances intelligently

Posted Image

#60 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

Honestly even though subtlety is also ridiculously strong, I'd much prefer that being overpowered than combat rogues.

combat is basically sub to non casters. when a caster gets danced on it's basically that silly 9 second kidney on horse steroids. garrote silence is stupid strong against casters and when i get danced on i dont think how much skilled he is because he chose dance over combat. i think of world of warcraft pvp.

At least sub is strong because it has so much control and allows for many set ups that will lead to kills, compared to combat rogues that just fizz around and pve all game long until they eventually get a red spree that wins the game. I can tell the difference between Pikaboo, Mir, etc. compared to other higher rated sub rogues.

pikaboo has a mustache.

But the difference between nessper and all the other random combat fizzers? Pretty much nonexistent. Combat forces you to play like a fucking moron, and

World of Warcraft.

TL;DR rather lose to something that has too much control/can set up too much (godcomp last season for example, which you could just compare to sub rogues now) vs random pve dampeners (MW dps sham x last season, which is just like combat rogues - pveing and basically only playing not to lose to win games). Win or lose, I don't have any fun vs combat rogues, especially just combat rogue/resto druid x.

and World of Warcraft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<