#1 Snookypoo

Snookypoo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/0/1

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

• PvP 4-piece set bonus for Combat Rogues has been redesigned. Using Vanish instantly generates 5 combo points and the next Ambush, Eviscerate, Revealing Strike, or Sinister Strike will be a critical strike.
So killing spree will do 7 strikes instead of 9.

This is stupid. There's no way a Red Buff DFA CRIT doesn't chunk people. KS got nerfed but they were given more than enough compensation.

Edited by Snookypoo, 30 January 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#2 Kroyfel

Kroyfel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:46 AM

Eh... I would have preferred keeping the set bonus the same, but making the rogue peelable for the duration, but I'll take this.

#3 Snookypoo

Snookypoo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

I would have preferred giving them Subs 4 piece. The idea is to tone down the burst. I suppose that's 1 second sooner that you can cc the Rogue though so its a start.

Edited by Snookypoo, 30 January 2015 - 02:52 AM.

#4 Dak1

Dak1
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2065
  • 3v3: 2036
  • 5v5: 1832
  • RBG: 2117

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

I would have preferred giving them Subs 4 piece.

Agreed. The guaranteed crit Evis alone will basically make up for the damage loss, and it's not much more peelable.

5cp Kidney -> Killing Spree -> MfD -> Evis/DfA -> Vanish -> Evis -> Prep -> Vanish -> Evis. You could mix in an optional Cheap Shot and/or Garrote after the Vanishes too for added control.

Mut could already do some bursty damage using a similar gimmick, and that was without deep insight and killing spree.

I'm almost afraid to say Combat might do more damage now, albeit with a gimmick that will make them sacrifice some utility/survival later, assuming you're not dead after it.
Posted Image

#5 Shiqra

Shiqra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kult der Verdammten
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

thats a buff.

#6 artemas

artemas
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 0/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2062
  • 3v3: 1976
  • RBG: 1769
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:04 AM

This change sounds fun. Vanish DfA? :)

#7 Snookypoo

Snookypoo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

Why do all this cutting around the edges bull crap? Just disable deep insight in pvp and be done with it. That's literally where all the retardation stems from. Everything else about Combat that suddenly became "too strong in this meta" is just a byproduct of red buff going from 30% to 50%.

Chances are Combat scales the best of the 3 specs in pvp too because it benefits from both haste and mastery. The spec WILL need to be dialed back damage wise in future seasons might as well do it now so kids don't get attached to the spec.

Edited by Snookypoo, 30 January 2015 - 03:26 AM.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2056
  • 3v3: 2655
  • RBG: 1881

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:34 AM

U can already cc rogue during last second of killing spree cause the set bonus duration is bugged and doesnt make you immune.

#9 artemas

artemas
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 0/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2062
  • 3v3: 1976
  • RBG: 1769
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

U can already cc rogue during last second of killing spree cause the set bonus duration is bugged and doesnt make you immune.

This is why this isn't a nerf.

On another note, deep insight can be countered easily and teams already cc a rogue at yellow buff til it wears off. Feral gets savage roar (42 secs of 40% more dmg) and tiger's fury (15% more dmg and 60 energy for 8 secs). Would trade buffs with them if they want. :P

#10 Chefyata

Chefyata
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1715
  • 3v3: 1599
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

This change sounds fun. Vanish DfA? :)

Why are they pushing so hard for combat to be the spec? Are they sad because the filthy casuals can't be arsed with learning subtlety? Or is sub too complicated of a spec for them to implement an interesting change?

Don't get me wrong I like sub and it is a good spec, but seeing the attention they give to combat it feels as if sub will be completely forsaken in a season or two.

Edited by Chefyata, 30 January 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#11 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

its actually so fucking annoying how they NEVER fix the problem at hand, they always do a bunch of tiny things that ARENT the problem that re-break the class in most situations and sometimes make it even worse. id honestly be fine with even damge buff to combat. as long as killing spree is peelable. thats all i asked for. not even BOS nerf. just killing spree nerf,i think everyone would be fine with that if they got to keep other shit
my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#12 Zipzo

Zipzo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1009
  • 3v3: 1115
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:12 AM

Nothing is stopping any of you playing sub. If you prefer sub then play it. The choice is perfectly valid and is certainly not what's holding you back from high ratings.

Combat is fun for what it is but its not as though sub doesn't have mongo qualities. All throughout cataclysm it was endless complaints of being impossible to kill due to recuperate and smoke > dance being overpowered. Some of you really have to understand that there's nothing wrong with two viable specs for PvP.

Due to the way specializations and talents work, there isn't really so much of a difference in play style, just damage really. What subtlety lacks (minimally) in damage compared to combat it gains in its utility with shadow dance (clutch saps and cheap peels). Shadow dance is still an immensely powerful ability and it even lasts longer now.

I think combat hate is honestly a result of letting one spec reign supreme for too long an amount of time, every feels jarred when another spec can perform equally. Let me tell you...it isn't the spec. Practice makes perfect. Spec sub and feel good about playing the non-flavor choice.

#13 varellz

varellz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

nice, with vanishglyph it sounds like an extra marked for death + critbuff ;D

but anyways fuck combat

Edited by varellz, 30 January 2015 - 07:33 AM.

#14 Armitage

Armitage
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 1732
  • RBG: 1529

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Nothing is stopping any of you playing sub. If you prefer sub then play it. The choice is perfectly valid and is certainly not what's holding you back from high ratings.

Combat is fun for what it is but its not as though sub doesn't have mongo qualities. All throughout cataclysm it was endless complaints of being impossible to kill due to recuperate and smoke > dance being overpowered. Some of you really have to understand that there's nothing wrong with two viable specs for PvP.

Due to the way specializations and talents work, there isn't really so much of a difference in play style, just damage really. What subtlety lacks (minimally) in damage compared to combat it gains in its utility with shadow dance (clutch saps and cheap peels). Shadow dance is still an immensely powerful ability and it even lasts longer now.

I think combat hate is honestly a result of letting one spec reign supreme for too long an amount of time, every feels jarred when another spec can perform equally. Let me tell you...it isn't the spec. Practice makes perfect. Spec sub and feel good about playing the non-flavor choice.

the best post i've read so far..
everyone is just obsessed with sub ... and hates combat..
if combat would have been the best specc the last seasons would you now hate on sub?
thats just stupid if you ask me..
new addon - new meta - new speccs

#15 SPGojay

SPGojay
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1732
  • 3v3: 2001
  • RBG: 1135

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

t

Why are they pushing so hard for combat to be the spec? Are they sad because the filthy casuals can't be arsed with learning subtlety? Or is sub too complicated of a spec for them to implement an interesting change?

Don't get me wrong I like sub and it is a good spec, but seeing the attention they give to combat it feels as if sub will be completely forsaken in a season or two.

im so sick of shit rogues claiming that "sub is some sort of god spec" rogues are easy as fuck to play in both specs get the fuck over yourself fgt.

#16 Ztts

Ztts
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1426
  • 3v3: 1355
  • RBG: 576

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

still no assassination love :ph34r:

#17 Chefyata

Chefyata
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1715
  • 3v3: 1599
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

t

im so sick of shit rogues claiming that "sub is some sort of god spec" rogues are easy as fuck to play in both specs get the fuck over yourself fgt.

I am sorry did I touch a nerve somewhere, small son?

#18 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Subtlety is completely fine in right hands ( even better than Combat actually ). A properly played Sub RMD I'd dare say is much more effective in winning than a Combat RMD, as Combat is forced to stick the rogue on a target ( usually the healer ) and keep him up on the target as much as possible, while Sub can actually create opportunities based on skill level of the players involved.

The main difference besides that is that Combat RMD is much more user friendly.

I'm actually mostly annoyed at Assassination not being viable, it used to be my favorite spec after Sub ( Prep/Mutilate times ).

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#19 Doggy

Doggy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1669
  • 3v3: 2474
  • RBG: 1488

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Now you can all go back to playing subltey :)

Edited by Doggy, 30 January 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#20 Shiqra

Shiqra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kult der Verdammten
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

5cp kidney -> killing spree -> vanish -> garrote -> dfa -> mfd -> evis gonna kill them all :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<