Photo

Mortal Strike for Unholy, AMS glyph on team mates for utility.

Unholy Mortal Strike Frost is boring DK utility

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

DK mobility wouldn't feel bad if every class in the game wasn't practically snare immune.

Yeah that's an important part as well. Chains of Ice virtually never sticks on anything for more than a second or two, and it just feels so fucking horrible having to spend runes on it when you know it's not going to do shit.
Posted Image

#22 Kanamechan

Kanamechan
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

For me main problem with uh is where the dmg is coming from. Ofc on paper the dps is good but the problem is the uptime. Unholy waves in many of those single rune Scourge Strikes which basicly means it requires 6 globals to do its maximum rune dmg where as frost u can dump same amount of runes in 3 globals. With already crap mobility and attacks that require you to have good uptime its rally hard to make use of your resources. If you compare UH DK to other classes, where most of them can blow their full burst in short time frames and add to that their mobility (or being range), there is simply nothing UH could do better than any other spec.

Based on the long text above id see those changes:
1. Bring back double grip - its great peel, gives you a bit more for those super mobile classes (druids, rogues)
2. NEW ABILITY - name it whatever u want
Empowers DK making his Abilities do 100% more DMG but also costing 100% more - basicly 1 SS would cost 2 uh runes but do 2x more dmg, this would allow us to get rid of runes in more bursty way without affecting PVE much because the overall resources used on long fight would be same anyway. It almost purely benefits pvp enviroment where uptime on targets isnt constant

#23 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

Losing double grip has been pretty bad for our peels as well. In MoP you could for example wait for a warrior to charge, then grip him, and he would have to wait those 3 seconds before using leap, or get gripped back again. Either way you would give your teammate some breathing room.

Same scenario now, warrior charges, you grip, warrior leaps. gg?
Posted Image

#24 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

Losing double grip has been pretty bad for our peels as well. In MoP you could for example wait for a warrior to charge, then grip him, and he would have to wait those 3 seconds before using leap, or get gripped back again. Either way you would give your teammate some breathing room.

Same scenario now, warrior charges, you grip, warrior leaps. gg?

To top it off if you try to grip them mid charge, they don't get gripped, and you waste your cooldown. Which is fucking stupid as all hell by the way

#25 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

I'd rather see the mobility of other melee nerfed before bringing back double grip or improving DK mobility. Double grip was interesting for DK's, but everyone else hated it and DK grip is basically mobility for both melee classes in a cleave. Anything that makes something like TSG stronger without making it more involved to play is bad in my opinion.

The change I want the most for DK is to replace desecrated ground with Cata style 1.5s interruptable cast 1min CD Hungering Cold. It gives the DK options for peeling, setting up decent CC chains or at least baiting interrupts to free up your healer. I think it also fits the theme of the talent tier while getting rid of something everyone hates about DK's: infinity CC breaks.

I guess I want more options to help my team rather than options to help me train better.
Vadren#1175

#26 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

I'd rather see the mobility of other melee nerfed before bringing back double grip or improving DK mobility. Double grip was interesting for DK's, but everyone else hated it and DK grip is basically mobility for both melee classes in a cleave. Anything that makes something like TSG stronger without making it more involved to play is bad in my opinion.

The change I want the most for DK is to replace desecrated ground with Cata style 1.5s interruptable cast 1min CD Hungering Cold. It gives the DK options for peeling, setting up decent CC chains or at least baiting interrupts to free up your healer. I think it also fits the theme of the talent tier while getting rid of something everyone hates about DK's: infinity CC breaks.

I guess I want more options to help my team rather than options to help me train better.

I agree I think hungering cold was interesting mechanic too but problem is blizzard don't like the idea of melees casting spells (read it in a blue post on mmo-champ once can't find a link was a while ago) so can't see anything like that making a return...

#27 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

I agree I think hungering cold was interesting mechanic too but problem is blizzard don't like the idea of melees casting spells (read it in a blue post on mmo-champ once can't find a link was a while ago) so can't see anything like that making a return...

You're right they did say that, and you're probably right too that they won't do it. However I believe it was in reference to slam instead of a CC., Ferals have cyclone, enhance have hex and rets have repentance. So there may be a chance.
Vadren#1175

#28 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

You're right they did say that, and you're probably right too that they won't do it. However I believe it was in reference to slam instead of a CC., Ferals have cyclone, enhance have hex and rets have repentance. So there may be a chance.

Hybrids are allowed to cast though, logical that they get to have the same damage as non hybrids but keep the benefits they always had of being hybrids in giving the team extra utility through healing / CC etc

#29 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:34 AM

Every physical damage dealer that has MS has issues with being balanced.

please dont add another class with MS, it just makes the rest of us look super shitty :F

#30 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:41 AM

Every physical damage dealer that has MS has issues with being balanced.

please dont add another class with MS, it just makes the rest of us look super shitty :F

Remove it from them then, its a stupid mechanic to balance around as they have to do competitive damage in PvE where the MS isn't taken into account. If a warrior does equal damage to a DK but brings an MS why bring a DK? Answer is you don't.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unholy, Mortal Strike, Frost is boring, DK utility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<