Photo

Mortal Strike for Unholy, AMS glyph on team mates for utility.

Unholy Mortal Strike Frost is boring DK utility

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:03 AM

Want to put some ideas out their I've had lately which I think would increase the state of our class at the moment, as its in a pretty poor state (in terms of fun to play as and versus).

I think adding mortal strike to our pet would be a good buff to unholy (crucially without affecting PvE) which would encourage it to be played in caster - DK - healer comps. Adding it to the pet would emphasize potentially killing the pet for opponents and would punish bad DK's for letting it die.

An idea for increasing our utility to our team is a glyph to allow us to cast AMS on team mates, with the glyph also increasing the cooldown of it to 1 minute (possibly less / longer depending on how good this is).

On a side note I feel asphyxiate should be changed to 45 sec cd with strangulate changed to 45 sec cd with no rune cost. This would make our tier 3 more of a comp / situational choice, instead of taking asphyxiate almost every single time.

Thoughts?

#2 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

Unholy isnt THAT weak and both of the things you mentioned are way too op.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#3 Wertexjk

Wertexjk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2116

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

We don't really need more power offensively, a mortal strike is a bit over the top.

As far as supporting the team goes, it would be nice if they could just make glyph of death coil viable. Making the shield stack or maybe increasing the potency but with a cooldown on how often you can use it on teammates.

#4 soph

soph
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

MS on ghoul is an interesting idea like how hunters currently have their ms tied to a pet; it's possible we could be given it one day imo. What I would really like to see is an AMS glyph (probably too strong) or more reasonably a talent in place of shitass AMZ that acts like the current blood 4pc pvp bonus (Anti-Magic Shell also applies to the 2 nearest allies.).

Edited by soph, 29 January 2015 - 04:33 AM.

#5 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:15 AM

Ghoul MS would make shadowcleave op as fuck, AMS for teammates is just ridiculous and even blood shouldn't have it. I think making AMZ useful as a 4pc for unholy would be cool!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#6 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

Ghoul MS would make shadowcleave op as fuck, AMS for teammates is just ridiculous and even blood shouldn't have it. I think making AMZ useful as a 4pc for unholy would be cool!

Isnt WLX basically just shadowcleave with mortal strike? Warriors have higher mobility, spread pressure, and MS on a single target. Might be less tanky but I'd trade tankiness for MS.

On a separate note, AMS for entire team would be way too OP. I'd be happy with scourge strike doing pure shadow damage, unholy frenzy with the old CC breaking for CCs that break on damage, and ghoul leap to friendlies. I think Big pet "windshear" might need a small buff, a two second lockout that you can only get when your pet is big, and not rooted on a long cooldown doesnt really seem rewarding for lining all of that up. Popping big pet just for a two second lockout doesnt seem worth it in the first place

#7 Brazzerss

Brazzerss
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Trollbane
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2119
  • 3v3: 2461
  • RBG: 1878

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

I don't think anymore classes need ms, I'd really enjoy some stronger scourge strikes or soul reapers. Pure shadow scourge seems like the right direction .

#8 StraiyEU

StraiyEU
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1624
  • 3v3: 864
  • RBG: 1653
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

pure shadowdmg scourge/ more sr dmg would be awesome ... but i hope they dont buff unholy cuz i dont want to farm mastery gear for it... cuz frost is in comps i play 1000x better than unholy atm

#9 spreadlol

spreadlol

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

Fastest way to make Uh viable: Strenght Buff.

Yet the horse too but im cool whatever they do i don't like Frost.

Edited by spreadlol, 29 January 2015 - 11:45 AM.

• Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

the only thing dks need is mobility. i would trade deathgrip for leap+charge any day.
however the damage is already retarded but they keep only buffing damage. they need to reduce dks damage by 20% and give them some sort of mobility or the option to grip towards someone or maybe a teammate, and giving back unholy frenzy would be a reason to pick dks over rogues/warriors in comps since every other melee is more favourable atm.

tldr less dmg, more mobility and some utility for the team cya
edit: and make pet leap not go on CD when pet is rooted what the fuck is that about

Edited by Nelehx, 29 January 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#11 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

the only thing dks need is mobility.

That is literally the last thing DKs need.

I think they should introduce an AMZ glyph that makes it behave the way it used to back in WotLK/Cata.
Posted Image

#12 Yuni

Yuni
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 1813
  • RBG: 1733

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

giving dks ms would make them even more a train the healer class

• Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

That is literally the last thing DKs need.

I think they should introduce an AMZ glyph that makes it behave the way it used to back in WotLK/Cata.

dks have the worst mobility off all melees but k den

#14 LorenJaffrey

LorenJaffrey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/2/2

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Why not give DKs Charge, and Heroic Leap, and Mortal Strike.
Oh and then rename them "Warrior"!^^

No i think Dks in general are pretty good right now. Mobility is an issue, but that's part of the class identity and just feels right.
But i agree that unholy needs something to compete with frost atm.

#15 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

dks have the worst mobility off all melees

Someone has to be the worst at something. DKs are not a mobile class. That's how it's designed. Classes need weaknesses, and mobility is the prime weakness of DKs.

Other classes have steadily been buffed to the point where their main weakness isn't a weakness anymore. (Hunters, Resto Druids, Mages being good examples here)

I dread the day Blizzard gives in to these idiots and gives DKs more mobility. It would be the same as giving Resto Shamans fucking Shamanistic Rage.

Edited by Forumz, 29 January 2015 - 02:17 PM.

Posted Image

#16 StraiyEU

StraiyEU
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1624
  • 3v3: 864
  • RBG: 1653
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

DK is hard to balance because of how the Class is designed.. if they give us mobility u can call us warriors... but a little bit utillity for teammates... would do alot...
i just loved the double grip setboni back in mop...

what do you think if they change AMZ to like
Duration 6-8 sec and 30% Dmg Reduction(meele and magic) yes i know its called anit "Magic" zone but i think you u know i mean

#17 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1666
  • 3v3: 1893
  • 5v5: 1940
  • RBG: 960

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Someone has to be the worst at something. DKs are not a mobile class. That's how it's designed. Classes need weaknesses, and mobility is the prime weakness of DKs.

Other classes have steadily been buffed to the point where their main weakness isn't a weakness anymore. (Hunters, Resto Druids, Mages being good examples here)

I dread the day Blizzard gives in to these idiots and gives DKs more mobility. It would be the same as giving Resto Shamans fucking Shamanistic Rage.

Quite debatable, with dispel nerf in mop our mobility is quite gimped. I would trade ability like desecrated ground to charge/leap/mini freedom etc....

Also better amz would be really really nice. I find myself berely ever using lich in frost.
And MS affect for UH is not a bad idea maybe not MS effect but what we had NS just with cooldown.

#18 Sdrawkcabz

Sdrawkcabz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/0/0/2/1
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Replace pet claw cleave when transformed with MS or give Huddle whilst transformed a pet freedom so we can interrupt more reliably

#19 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

Quite debatable, with dispel nerf in mop our mobility is quite gimped. I would trade ability like desecrated ground to charge/leap/mini freedom etc....

Also better amz would be really really nice. I find myself berely ever using lich in frost.
And MS affect for UH is not a bad idea maybe not MS effect but what we had NS just with cooldown.

No, the dispel cooldown isn't why DK mobility feels so bad these days. It's because most classes gained spammable, instant, low (or no) cost snares that just cannot be dealt with by DKs, because we don't have any tools to counter these snares ever since they made Death's Advance a talent. But when we had Death's Advance we had too much uptime. It was too easy to stick to a target because of spam-dispel + death's advance. We lost both going into MoP and that's where the problem lies. Don't you think it's curious how you only really see DKs in comps with either a paladin or a monk (or both)? It's because they provide us with movement freedom.
Posted Image

#20 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

DK mobility wouldn't feel bad if every class in the game wasn't practically snare immune.
Vadren#1175

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unholy, Mortal Strike, Frost is boring, DK utility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<