Photo

Exploit abuser with SR gear is getting out of hand

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#41 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:47 AM

Are you really going to sit here and say people use SR in 3's and 5's as much as they do in 2's? Are you going to say that there are as many 3's and 5's teams that rely only on shadow damage as there is the same in 2's teams?

Don't question my arguement, since it isn't an arguement. The fact is 2's is unbalanced. Are 3's and 5's balanced in terms of people wearing SR as opposed to 2's? No, of course not. but if you don't build your team entirely around shadow damage than of course you won't see teams throwing on SR to fight back. This is just common sense. You're trying to say that everyone should have a counter to something strong in 2's...which I said was unbalanced? Try playing 5's if you want the most balanced arena play; otherwise just QQ.

I'm on his 3s team. We run Druid/Mage/Lock. Imagine now if the lock is taken out of the picture. What is Mage/Druid going to do in a 2v3 scenario against good players wearing subpar gear?

Before 2.2 I threw on SR gear in a few 3v3 games, and it made a huge difference. Instead of being chain silenced, feared, coiled, etc., all of a sudden I'm landing polys and the game has been completely changed.

I was doing AB premades yesterday and guess what, the opposing team decides to throw on SR gear. Neutralizes quite a few of our players.

Resistance gear is a real problem and they need to solve it. I don't look forward to the day fire mages become OP (41/20 + trainable IB with mana changes?) and everyone starts wearing heroic loot FR gear. Actually, I remember at 60 in AV when people had lots of fire gear and I was playing elemental, it was frustrating as hell.

It is a problem, should be fixed. The argument seemed reasonable when people said it only affects purely shadow based teams, but this is not true anymore. You don't even need to gimp your stats that badly to get 200+ SR with BT epics.

#42 Eriul

Eriul
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Argent Dawn
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:16 AM

My 41 point talent ticking for 100, Balanced.

Sorry just had to quote this before I post my own argument. Your 41 point talent ticking for 100? That's sooo sad...maybe I would feel more sympathy when my 41 point talent doesn't get dispelled by a GD pet. As well as my 31 point talent, getting owned by pet /target mana tide totem macros. Or maybe Fel puppy's having better reactions then my NS heal macro. Or maybe fel puppy's seeing through stealth after a vanish. Why do I have a hard time having sympathy for warlocks?

Now, Just for my input for the resist gear(Which may be taken in any way, I might be seen as a fool.)

I honestly, do not mind it a bit. Sadly, it's hard to get SR. I haven't even bothered. Of course my 3v3 is only 2200 but, still. I am the only healer and 1 silence could wreck our team. I think it's a great counter to warlocks. But besides that, you're nerfing yourself by wearing it. Maybe warlocks are getting to see how it feels when you aren't in complete control of a fight. *shrug* I ain't here to QQ about locks. But this is a QQ post, and honestly, build a Spell Pen set or go to the Official forums, or to the rant forums. I do think though, that it does need to get fixed eventually. 2.4 mages will QQ over fire resist gear. Sadly, resist gear wasn't intended for arenas or they wouldn't be constantly trying to reduce gear changing, and reducing the amount of +resist on gear.

#43 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:19 AM

It's not like having 350 SR is just making it a bit more fair for the wearer, it makes them ridiculously overpowered and makes the Warlock/Spriest useless.
My 41 point talent ticking for 100, Balanced.

While I see your reasoning I have to disagree with the term "useless". My teammates and I lose just as many in SR just because our damage is gimped. The fact that my partner and I can run full BT SR gear in 2v2 and still lose to Lock/Healer shows how OP you are, and it does in fact begin to balance things. Sad that it takes 350 SR to balance things. I can say for the most part that is due to the opponent not recognizing we have SR right away. When they do for locks at least they can usually throw in enough fire damage to negate the SR and still win. Of course I can see where it's more powerful for Warrior or Rogue but it's not that powerful for me as a mage as we rely on burst since our mana efficiency sucks.

To flip the script for a second do any of you warlocks ever face Warlock/Healer and go against a Warlock who uses additonal Pen by default and they just seem to have a much easier time beating you? I know a couple of my guildies use ~100 pen by default in every match and have a much easier time against other Locks. Should pick up that pen imo. As stated previously it's not that hard to put it in S1/S2 gear now. I mean cmon how many of you have been sitting on 5k points for a while?
cresting your hills since 2004

#44 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:22 AM

Are you really going to sit here and say people use SR in 3's and 5's as much as they do in 2's? Are you going to say that there are as many 3's and 5's teams that rely only on shadow damage as there is the same in 2's teams?

Don't question my arguement, since it isn't an arguement. The fact is 2's is unbalanced. Are 3's and 5's balanced in terms of people wearing SR as opposed to 2's? No, of course not. but if you don't build your team entirely around shadow damage than of course you won't see teams throwing on SR to fight back. This is just common sense. You're trying to say that everyone should have a counter to something strong in 2's...which I said was unbalanced? Try playing 5's if you want the most balanced arena play; otherwise just QQ.

people use sr in 3s and 5s all the time

#45 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:25 AM

While I see your reasoning I have to disagree with the term "useless". My teammates and I lose just as many in SR just because our damage is gimped. The fact that my partner and I can run full BT SR gear in 2v2 and still lose to Lock/Healer shows how OP you are, and it does in fact begin to balance things. Sad that it takes 350 SR to balance things. I can say for the most part that is due to the opponent not recognizing we have SR right away. When they do for locks at least they can usually throw in enough fire damage to negate the SR and still win. Of course I can see where it's more powerful for Warrior or Rogue but it's not that powerful for me as a mage as we rely on burst since our mana efficiency sucks.

To flip the script for a second do any of you warlocks ever face Warlock/Healer and go against a Warlock who uses additonal Pen by default and they just seem to have a much easier time beating you? I know a couple of my guildies use ~100 pen by default in every match and have a much easier time against other Locks. Should pick up that pen imo. As stated previously it's not that hard to put it in S1/S2 gear now. I mean cmon how many of you have been sitting on 5k points for a while?

rofl

if you lose to warlock teams while you wear full sr, i can see why you need gear-swapping and /ignore to remain in the game - honestly though, your problem isn't the game, its you.

#46 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:29 AM

rofl

if you lose to warlock teams while you wear full sr, i can see why you need gear-swapping and /ignore to remain in the game - honestly though, your problem isn't the game, its you.

We can duel on PTR if you like. I've dueled some of the best Locks out there and even in full SR and Full CDs as Frost with no mistakes it's a close fight.
cresting your hills since 2004

#47 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:42 AM

rofl

No, SL/SL lock vs mage is so imbalanced that even with full SR gear it is an extremely tough fight.

It is just like Warrior vs Frost Mage. I can almost beat a merc glad geared warrior while naked except that I run out of mana =/

#48 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:48 AM

Part of the QQ is that Warlocks are overpowered as hell and anyone with half a brain can take one to high ratings by just hitting their stupid dot keys and using Drain Life/Mana. Sck has a 2K+ rated team on his green geared Warlock that hit 70 nearly 2 weeks ago, just because he has half a clue about how to play a Warlock. They are so stupidly overpowered that any random ass idiot can hit his dots and stand there. Do you really think a Warrior in green gear can have a 2K+ rated team that he played 100% of the games on? Good god no. Never in a million years could it happen on BG9.

Long story short: Go to hell. I have no sympathy or remorse or pity for any Warlock complaining about SR. Maybe if you played a class that was more in line with the others in terms of balance then I might care about your whining. For now though, I'm going to happily enjoy wearing my SR and having all of you drooling retards /spit on me while I take your points away from you that you didn't deserve to begin with. SR is my resilience, deal with it (just like I did with your unfathomably overpowered class) and cry a whole lot more.

i don't use SR btw

#49 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:49 AM

obviously sl/sl lock vs mage is imba, that has nothing to do with the fact that resist gear has no place in arenas.

certain classes/comps counter other classes/comps, resist gear bypasses this.

when we play 5s with one lock and one shadow priest and the other team puts on sr, the game is over before it starts.

#50 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:58 AM

obviously sl/sl lock vs mage is imba, that has nothing to do with the fact that resist gear has no place in arenas.

certain classes/comps counter other classes/comps, resist gear bypasses this.

when we play 5s with one lock and one shadow priest and the other team puts on sr, the game is over before it starts.

That wasn't what I was saying. I was agreeing it has no place in the arena because it affects 2v2 and 3v3 even with non double shadow teams.

I pointed out the imbalanced makeup thing as a response to your response to Hoove about mages losing to locks even with SR gear.

I think mages work best when complementing a lock, but that disappears when SR gear is factored in. I would rather they just balance without such a terrible game mechanic involved. Like I said before, it is only a matter of time until mages become the class to stack resists against.

#51 Tribby

Tribby
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:36 AM

Like I said before, it is only a matter of time until mages become the class to stack resists against.

Ironic but I was talking to my ice-mage friend and we decided the only reason people did not cry about mages is because they are so heavily at a disadvantage against warlocks of all specc.
Tribby - 70 Druid S2/S3 Glad (Retired)
Chibby - 70 Rogue S3 Glad (Active)
<Forgotten Aspects> Guild - www.forgottenaspects.com
Hyjal Horde

#52 Notdeadyet

Notdeadyet
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:07 AM

shouldn't allow any resist gear to be equipped in arena.

#53 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:41 AM

pve guys reach gladiator by fully negating the damage/utility of 1 and a half classes - yeah clearly must be intended. everybody who justifies this has never grouped with a lock/spriest in 2s or 3s.

and there is no way to counter this.

blizzards solution for this is putting spell penetration on everything next season. as a result sl/sl will provide hardly any resistance against magic damage any more. well done.

#54 buena

buena
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:42 AM

Ironic but I was talking to my ice-mage friend and we decided the only reason people did not cry about mages is because they are so heavily at a disadvantage against warlocks of all specc.

Mage class mechanics are to both CC and do their best damage by standing still with nothing hitting them, and to run out of mana in the process. This is always going to put them at a disadvantage in an arena environment where positioning, line of sight, and mana conservation are perhaps the three most important strategic factors.

Mages will gain some power in s3 when their CC joins warlocks in getting an anti-pushback bonus, but I think it would take a lot of buffs before any direct damage nuker is going to be considered cryingly OP in the current arena environment. Shamans, boomkins and destro locks included as well.

#55 efa

efa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:42 AM

gear that can effectively reduce a school of damage by an amount close to none is just wrong

#56 Frenetic

Frenetic
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:11 PM

Easy fix to this issue is to set a pvp softcap for resistance...say at around 100-150. Oh and this cap will apply to felhunters too so I can nova them for once!

#57 Sylvar

Sylvar
  • Barunk
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

easy to fix is to stop giving 2v2 gladiator. it's unbalanced and too easy to exploit. shadowresistance is far from usefull in 3v3 ( unless you're stupid enough to run only shadowdmg there)

Oh, and it's not any different then other casters fighting your felpuppy ( or warlocks with 70 natureres from pet and +30 nature res enchants to ignore my earthshocks,lol to that -.-)
But if you wear a helmet
you will be fine.
And if you wear a helmet
it'll be alright.

~Zambonis

#58 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

easy to fix is to stop giving 2v2 gladiator. it's unbalanced and too easy to exploit. shadowresistance is far from usefull in 3v3 ( unless you're stupid enough to run only shadowdmg there)

Oh, and it's not any different then other casters fighting your felpuppy ( or warlocks with 70 natureres from pet and +30 nature res enchants to ignore my earthshocks,lol to that -.-)

well i agree with 2v2 shouldn't give gladiator, but honestly, look at your 5's. T_T

#59 Sylvar

Sylvar
  • Barunk
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

well i agree with 2v2 shouldn't give gladiator, but honestly, look at your 5's. T_T

Yes,I don't get gladiator with this rating, not even Duelist ( our priest leaving and our paladin never being online also helps us *cough*). But what's your point? I know I don't deserve gladiator title for my 5s =S
But if you wear a helmet
you will be fine.
And if you wear a helmet
it'll be alright.

~Zambonis

#60 Wormed

Wormed
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:47 PM

I'm sure if there were more good Frost Mage/Frost Mage 2v2s people would stack frost resist and mage tears would be crying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<