• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#21 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

if you're good you don't need sr

just like if you're good you don't need to point-feed

If you're good and are a hardcore pvper you will have SR and/or Pen.
cresting your hills since 2004

#22 razed

razed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

not really, you are just justifying what is clearly unintended

#23 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

It's not intended.

Not really sure why there's even an argument about it, but okay.

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#24 Ghalanah

Ghalanah
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:24 PM

not really

stop making yourself look like a fool by justifying what is clearly unintended and stupid

Top pvpers will always use every advantage they can get. The simple answer is that the mechanics have not been addressed by blizzard the only thing you can do now is get as much spell pen as you can for when an sr situation arises. It doesn't justify that scouting/sr can be considered a exploitable mechanic but you mind as well try your best now rather then later IF they fix it.

#25 Caligula

Caligula
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

If they put in the time and gold to get SR you should do the same and get Pen. This is not an exploit or bug they are using in game mechanics to check if you are in the game. You can do the same.

Yeah add an armour set that gives me 75% melee damage reduction while slightly gimping my other stats and I'll stop whining about shadow resist.

6) If u were tall like u are dumb, u would have snow on ur head.

#26 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:51 AM

Yeah add an armour set that gives me 75% melee damage reduction while slightly gimping my other stats and I'll stop whining about shadow resist.

also 75% dodge for stuff like hamstring and shiv

#27 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:18 AM

Thread cleaned up.

Stop taking jabs at each other and focus on the topic please. If you want to make personal attacks at each other please take it to the Rant Room.

#28 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:26 AM

how can anyone think sr is good for arena competition

#29 Neb

Neb
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:43 AM

http://forums.wow-eu...263523&sid=1#24

I would think people would take a look at blue posts like this and realize it goes both ways. Being unbalanced can mean more than just one thing. 2v2 may be unbalanced in the fact that warlocks are quite powerful in the bracket, but it may also be unbalanced in the fact that teams can easily negate other certain classes without losing much.

It's the fact that this is 2v2, not arena. You won't see people throwing on SR gear in 5's or 3's (depending upon the team) just because one warlock or a warlock and a shadow priest. If you don't like people negating all or part of your damage than play a 3's or 5's team.
I'm full of fail

#30 efa

efa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:49 AM

Xyoii speak exactly the same as one of the abuser I talk to yesterday.

There is a cloak which give 60SR with enchant (still have hell lot of STA) and a trinket as well. Those 2 items + SR aura from pally is painful enough and the pally wont loss too much +healing.

At the mean time I am trying to get +100 base spell penetration on my standard set just to counter this.

#31 razed

razed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:55 AM

http://forums.wow-eu...263523&sid=1#24

I would think people would take a look at blue posts like this and realize it goes both ways. Being unbalanced can mean more than just one thing. 2v2 may be unbalanced in the fact that warlocks are quite powerful in the bracket, but it may also be unbalanced in the fact that teams can easily negate other certain classes without losing much.

It's the fact that this is 2v2, not arena. You won't see people throwing on SR gear in 5's or 3's (depending upon the team) just because one warlock or a warlock and a shadow priest. If you don't like people negating all or part of your damage than play a 3's or 5's team.

idk my bff yog loses to sr teams - which is in 3v3

earlier today we stopped queueing 3s because we were worried people who have used sr on us in 2s and were going to do the same in 3s

team pandemic used sr last night in 5s

serennia used sr in every bracket

do i really need to keep going~

also, if warlocks are so overpowered in 2s, and people use a set to counter them, i feel we should be given a set to counter warriors as well because they're quite powerful in 2s. maybe we need a set of some type of gear to counter resto druids in 2s. do you see how stupid your arguement is?

#32 efa

efa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:05 AM

I think SR is less effective in 3s, they are generally only useful when the only damage output from team is shadow damage.

Warlock usually run with warrior/rogue in 3s anyway.

#33 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:46 AM

i feel we should be given a set to counter warriors

I agree. I'd love to see all types of options and for them to leave gear switching in Arena. I'm the type of person who has 4-5 different item rack sets available at ay given moment.There just isn't much melee mitigation we can stack and probably never will be. Still need to be prepared for what is there though, SR and PEN. Either way 2v2 is all about dodging at high rating which sucks.

Warr/Druid doesn't require dodging anyone.
Lock/Druid doesn't require dodging anyone until they are queued against SR opponents.
Everyone else requires dodging.

Conclusion Nerf Druids. Warlocks are still ridiculously powerful though.

#34 Wormed

Wormed
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:59 AM

If they put in the time and gold to get SR you should do the same and get Pen. This is not an exploit or bug they are using in game mechanics to check if you are in the game. You can do the same.

this requires a second complete set of merciless gladiator and about 50g per Star of Elune on my server. More expensive then getting 24 people to help you get SR imo.

#35 Taffie

Taffie
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:02 AM

My partner and I were thinking about using SR, but it would just seem like cheating our way to Gladiator.

Usually, when we lose a game it's because the team has a Warlock or Spriest in it.

As to the person who said that you don't need SR if you're good, I really don't agree with that. If you're good and fight a good Warlock team, well.. Many teams get destroyed by Warlocks. Good Warlock/Rogue and Spriest/Rouge teams give us a lot of issues, including an occasional Druid/Warlock. It doesn't mean we're bad when we lose. It means that they outplayed us. If we had used SR, then we would have outplayed them.

#36 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:02 AM

this requires a second complete set of merciless gladiator and about 50g per Star of Elune on my server. More expensive then getting 24 people to help you get SR imo.

Very few people raid BT at least on my server only 2 guilds Horde side and we are high pop. Each person in my team spent ~4k on BT SR gear and enchants.

#37 Wormed

Wormed
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

Very few people raid BT at least on my server only 2 guilds Horde side and we are high pop. Each person in my team spent ~4k on BT SR gear and enchants.

Generally guilds will give SR to their healers for free for the MH fight that requires it. Healers from my guild barely spent a cent getting their SR.

It's not like having 350 SR is just making it a bit more fair for the wearer, it makes them ridiculously overpowered and makes the Warlock/Spriest useless.
My 41 point talent ticking for 100, Balanced.

#38 buena

buena
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:12 AM

The resist system always has seemed a little bit half-baked. At first blizzard was giving people small amounts of resists on gear upgrades (remember t1 and t2?) which frankly made sense. Just as better gear had better melee defense (armor), it would also have better caster defense (resists).

The problem is that raiding and PvP collide on this point. Raiders don't want any of their gear's itemvalue wasted on token amounts of resists. So why not only put it on PvP gear, or just eliminate resists entirely? Because that would reduce the complexity of raiding, disallow raid designers from making resist fights, and make several less sets of gear for people to chase after (people love getting new gear!).

Then the resist-fight-specific gear philosophy came in and stomped all over the arena model. While resist gear wouldn't be worth wearing against a large number of unpredictable opponents such as in a battleground, it certainly WOULD be worth wearing against a small number of known opponents. Such as in an arena match. Blizzard's idea was to try to prevent players from changing their gear to match their opponents. This can only ever partially succeed at best. Even if the ignore and whisper loopholes are closed, people at the highest ratings can (and probably will) simply watch to see who is entering arenas at the same time, and make alts on other accounts and servers to do the same.

I would suggest a radical soloution: make resists do nothing in PvP. No effect whatsoever. Caster damage would be unmigitatable and you could just balance around that assumption. Spell penetration would be eliminated or only used only for very specific PvE encounters. I think that anything short of this is an incomplete soloution; players will find a way to gear for specific opponents and you can't take out resist gear because of its raiding uses.

#39 Amenti

Amenti
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:23 AM

Loading up your S1 gear with spell penetration gems isn't nearly as costly as it sounds. I've got a full set and you really lose minimal stats by doing so.
Field Marshal, Gladiator x2 Season 1
Shadowgarde of Sargeras

Don't make me flip out and gain more rep than you.

#40 Neb

Neb
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:38 AM

idk my bff yog loses to sr teams - which is in 3v3

earlier today we stopped queueing 3s because we were worried people who have used sr on us in 2s and were going to do the same in 3s

team pandemic used sr last night in 5s

serennia used sr in every bracket

do i really need to keep going~

also, if warlocks are so overpowered in 2s, and people use a set to counter them, i feel we should be given a set to counter warriors as well because they're quite powerful in 2s. maybe we need a set of some type of gear to counter resto druids in 2s. do you see how stupid your arguement is?

Are you really going to sit here and say people use SR in 3's and 5's as much as they do in 2's? Are you going to say that there are as many 3's and 5's teams that rely only on shadow damage as there is the same in 2's teams?

Don't question my arguement, since it isn't an arguement. The fact is 2's is unbalanced. Are 3's and 5's balanced in terms of people wearing SR as opposed to 2's? No, of course not. but if you don't build your team entirely around shadow damage than of course you won't see teams throwing on SR to fight back. This is just common sense. You're trying to say that everyone should have a counter to something strong in 2's...which I said was unbalanced? Try playing 5's if you want the most balanced arena play; otherwise just QQ.
I'm full of fail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<