#181 Wormed

Wormed
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

we don't have nearly as much trouble with dual healer/rogue or warrior, simple fact is warlock are overpowered period

Pally/Disc Priest/SL/SL lock teams have intense survivability, but the warlock doesn't do nearly as much damage as the rogue(lol 2 healer + rogue teams?:confused:) or warrior would.

#182 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

who cares about 2s

it is pretty funny to lose to a team with a warlock as their only source of damage while wearing 350 sr though rofl

i honestly think that people with max sr who use ignore bugs are hundreds of rating higher than they would be otherwise COUGH HOOVE COUGH, which i guess explains some of the posts on this forum

You never responded to my duel challenge on PTR.

Tbh I just completed the BT set last week and rarely use it as I've been selling arena points for the last 3 months so I haven't needed to play too hardcore. Before that I had a full green suit of SR lvl 68+. Both sets leave mages pretty inefficient, low damage, very low mana, and we already have mana efficiency issues.

My 3v3 team iirc is near if not the highest 3 dps team in our bg. And the Lock/Rogue I play with are 2nd highest with that combo behind Neilyo/Gumbot. While we do use ignore macros all the time we rarely use SR. We use ignore more just to see who were fighting. SR in 3s is not as efficient as 2s. We went 4-4 against Secretive/Nitrana/Hips last night. I know Nit and Secretive are considered to be some of the best at their class in the world.

I can see where a lot of you locks are butthurt about 2v2 where you have 0 chance against a priest/rogue, pally/warrior, druid/warr in SR as Warriors/Rogues are far more efficient with full SR on as a large amount of their damage comes from their weapons.

I feel like I can compete against the best and I am trying to be honest with my experience here. While making little to no mistakes we still lose in SR gear that's the painful truth. Our warlock hates SR too and wishes it wasn't in the game but he has adapted as you have with pen and ignore list macros. Only difference with him is he admits how OP locks are and realizes they are so poweful they can win even when faced against SR and because of this many times tells us not to wear it as it gimps our damage.
cresting your hills since 2004

#183 razed

razed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:50 PM

you really shouldnt be able to see what youre playing against before the arena starts

this hints you must use garbage tactics to increase your chance of winning, unfairly of course.

#184 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

you still aren't making any sense, you lost with sr on but both teams had a warlock, the difference was rogue and a mage against two healers

how does this mean warlocks are overpowered

by the way i do think sl/sl is a bit much, at least in 2.2 it was, but in my opinion fg and ua are both balanced specs.

#185 gatoja

gatoja
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

you really shouldnt be able to see what youre playing against before the arena starts

this hints you must use garbage tactics to increase your chance of winning, unfairly of course.

fair 2v2 is an oxymoron.
http://tsericdown.ytmnd.com/

Earthshock: the only silence that silences the caster for nearly as long!

#186 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

fair 2v2 is an oxymoron.

odd, i didn't see him mention 2v2

oh wait thats not odd you just fail reading comprehension as you've proven time and time again in this thread

#187 gatoja

gatoja
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

odd, i didn't see him mention 2v2

oh wait thats not odd you just fail reading comprehension as you've proven time and time again in this thread

except 2v2 is where this problem is the most rampant.
http://tsericdown.ytmnd.com/

Earthshock: the only silence that silences the caster for nearly as long!

#188 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:12 PM

except 2v2 is where this problem is the most rampant.

except no, 3v3 is the worst because you not only have the problem of people /ignoring you, but a ton of paladins wear 140 all the time and put their aura up for 200+.

5v5 is also pretty bad because in that bracket more than any other you get the same team a lot of times in a row, if you hae more than one shadow priest or warlock you're screwed.

who cares about 2s

#189 efa

efa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:57 PM

Haven't meet any SR team since patch.
Maybe its luck? Or maybe all the SR team in my BG was abusing the exploit before patch.

I am happy now :)

#190 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:10 PM

i have, i lost 20 and 22 in 3v3 yesterday to priest/paladin/warrior in full sr

the ignore feature still works

sr still works

#191 efa

efa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

wtf!!! I thought they've already fixed the /ignore since u can talk to your opponent anymore

#192 Daiyu

Daiyu
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

If you're good and are a hardcore pvper you will have SR and/or Pen.

I enjoy your defense of this abuse. Says alot about your ability personally.

Is that too personal for the forums, moderators?

#193 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

wtf!!! I thought they've already fixed the /ignore since u can talk to your opponent anymore

nope

#194 efa

efa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:44 PM

sometimes I really wonder how many process Blizzard employee need to gone through to make a changes.

maybe this kind of bug fix need to be approved by 20 departments and each departments take a few days to process?

This exploit can simply be fixed by not letting gear swapping right after u enter arena.
Or maybe I am too dumb to see any negative effect to apply this change.

#195 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:50 PM

USE FIRE SPELLS

#196 sadris

sadris
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:50 PM

Or maybe I am too dumb to see any negative effect to apply this change.

You are.

You need to think about how many dumb people participate in arenas and forget to change gear until after they already zone in. Blizzard likes their dumb customers.

#197 Daiyu

Daiyu
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:56 PM

You are.

You need to think about how many dumb people participate in arenas and forget to change gear until after they already zone in. Blizzard likes their dumb customers.

Yeah, because gear swapping before a match affects all classes equally.

Oh wait...

#198 efa

efa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:12 AM

You are.

True... Its very unfair for the large amount of people who forget to equip their PvP gear before entering arena.

Let me see.... out from the arena player population, assume 15% of them are playing shadow priest or a warlock and only the top 3% of them are high rating enough to match up with SR team. Thats like 0.45% out from the whole arena population.

Disabling gear swapping will affect all arena population and I assume all the teams below 1800 forget to swap in pvp gear once in a while, and that make up more than 80% of arena population.

So its 80% population against 0.45%...

Its clearly that we can be ignored

#199 Agares

Agares

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:30 AM

I think they fixed /ignore in arenas, it doesn't work anymore along with /yell, /say and /whisper

#200 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:38 AM

I think they fixed /ignore in arenas, it doesn't work anymore along with /yell, /say and /whisper

nope
cresting your hills since 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<