#1 efa

efa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:43 PM

Loss a 100 ratings tonight to 2 teams with high Shadow resist paladin. Its not the aura obviously since the paladin resisted my spells 8 times in a row (took me 4 cast to finally get a CoS on him) It doesnt help much even with my 40 spell penetration and -88 resist from CoS. The pally still resist my spells 2 out of 3.

There is a known bug where people can determine their opponent before arena start.

Created an Alt on their server and ask them if they are using that exploit, they are so honest to admit that they are abusing it and said warlock is overpower and its a fair way to counter us :mad:. Reported to GM and they said they are looking into it already... How can they end a session with people abusing exploit for their gladiator -_-;

These kind of abuser is getting out of hand in my battlegroup...

The only way I can think of to counter these team is to use the same exploit to determine them before arena start and prepare a full spell penetration set for these abuser.

#2 Wormed

Wormed
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

Either:
Zero, null, absolutely none gear changing (gear, not weapons)
or
Fix the /ignore & /whisper exploit

L2Play Blizzard:confused:

#3 jpz109

jpz109
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:30 PM

/signed. Played a sl/sl warlock/holy pally in my 2s yesterday. Pally had 136 resil, ~2100 healing, and 60 SR just from his CLOAK + Cloak enchant. His partner had the same cloak, and ~1300 shadow damage. They put on shadow resist aura, and that cloak alone negated my 60 spell penetration.

#4 Duvex

Duvex
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

I thought they fixed /ignore?

And /whisper works both ways. Throw on some penetration gear if they message you?

#5 Wormed

Wormed
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:35 PM

I thought they fixed /ignore?

And /whisper works both ways. Throw on some penetration gear if they message you?

There is barely any penetration gear besides gemming yourself with full 10 spell penetration, which would require a second set of arena gear, except the ring and cloak which already have spell pen. that everyone has, but gemming yourself with full spell pen still isn't enough against BT SR and could be more costly too.

#6 Deshi

Deshi
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

Spam searing pain :P.

But yea they really do need to fix that, I haven't run into that problem on my battlegroup tho, alot of teams did switch shadow resist before the change.

#7 Xanzibar

Xanzibar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:19 PM

I really can't understand why blizzard didn't fix this, since like 80% of those with epic SR gear and doing arena, abuses this. Guildie of mine hovering around 1700 rating even uses it ("lolol won 21rating vs sp lock")

#8 Lylona

Lylona
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Das Syndikat
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

Stopped 2on2 because of this long time ago :S

Dots ticking for 100 suck hard.

#9 razed

razed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

rng is overall pretty lame

cap resists

#10 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:38 PM

If they put in the time and gold to get SR you should do the same and get Pen. This is not an exploit or bug they are using in game mechanics to check if you are in the game. You can do the same.
cresting your hills since 2004

#11 Sylvar

Sylvar
  • Barunk
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

far from everyone has shadow resistancegear ( green of the shadow gimps stats too much). My only suggestion is to party with an elemental shaman for the spellhit totem and having two kinds of damage.

on a sidenote: elemental shaman leatherworkers must farm nature-immuun mobs for their elemental leathergear,forcing the shaman to melee it with their 40 dps daggers. if they think that is fine I doubt they'll change it for shadow users
But if you wear a helmet
you will be fine.
And if you wear a helmet
it'll be alright.

~Zambonis

#12 Usho

Usho
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

anyone could fill me in on what exactly this exploit is?

#13 razed

razed
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

If they put in the time and gold to get SR you should do the same and get Pen. This is not an exploit or bug they are using in game mechanics to check if you are in the game. You can do the same.

yeah if i could get 40 pen per piece and having to use an exploit to counter their exploit

it is an exploit, if you dont think so, you are indeed stupid

#14 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

yeah if i could get 40 pen per piece and having to use an exploit to counter their exploit

it is an exploit, if you dont think so, you are indeed stupid

It has to be an exploit because they have no intention of allowing you to see who you are fighting beforehand as can be seen by the other fixes they have made to prevent it (remember the combat log?).

I think they haven't come up with a way to fix it yet because it must be a known issue at this point.

Actually, maybe a better word than exploit is unintended behavior :)

#15 Steamboat

Steamboat

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:22 PM

I remember playing a team with my SL/SL buddy who went all out for 350 SR (I think before they changed gearswapping) and they had such little resist they sacrificed too much hp/resil and I wrecked them single handedly lol

#16 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:29 PM

I remember playing a team with my SL/SL buddy who went all out for 350 SR (I think before they changed gearswapping) and they had such little resist they sacrificed too much hp/resil and I wrecked them single handedly lol

My teammates and I all have the full BT SR sets. We do find many matches even with the best SR gear sometimes our damage is still too gimped had we run in normal gear many times we would have won.

#17 Pigvomit

Pigvomit
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Actually, maybe a better word than exploit is unintended behavior :)

It's no different than using /sit. Ignore is ingame functionality while not intended to be used in Arena, it can be and is not an exploit for this reason.

#18 rhyn

rhyn
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:48 PM

It's no different than using /sit. Ignore is ingame functionality while not intended to be used in Arena, it can be and is not an exploit for this reason.

Abusing in-game functionality to do something that the developers did not intend. That sounds like an exploit to me, but it all depends on how you want to define that word. In either case, it's obvious that players are not intended to know exactly who they are fighting before an arena match. I'd love to hear a good argument that contradicts that.

#19 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:18 PM

I think the word exploit has a stigma attached to it that somehow implies illegal/will get banned. It is perfectly legal to use ignore to find out who your opponents are. It is also unintended for you to find out who your opponents are this way. Whether or not you consider it to be an exploit is dependent on your definition of the word exploit (illegal or unintended?).

#20 Rycho

Rycho
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:21 PM

if you're good you don't need sr

just like if you're good you don't need to point-feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users