Photo

Is Holinka the worst thing that happenned to WoW PvP ?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 ImSoAesthetic

ImSoAesthetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arathi
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

He joined Blizzard in summer 2012.

MoP has been a complet piece of shit since the beginning to WoD ...
WoD is the exact same thing as MoP or maybe even worse
Oh well, he added Swifty NPC and Bajheera NPC, yeah nice change ...
He had to make arena cross realm and everything because the game came very unpopular in PvP/Arena
They also had to merge realms together because customers keep de-subbing ...

We blamed a lot Greg Street aka Ghostcrawler but the game was 100x times better, popular and funnier when he was doing the designing ...

Just take a look at the WoW ladder, 90% of the pro players from cata, wotlk etc ... stopped playing, now there is only tryhards or nerds still playing it.

Just take a look at Twitch TV, during WoTLK/Cata WoW WAS ALWAYS ON TOP WITH A TON OF VIEWERS because the game was funny and enternaiting.
Now game such as Minecraft, Fifa or Call of Duty have better public/fans lol
Actually if WoW still have a bit viewers on Twitch, it's because of the Streamers such as Soda or the whores showing their tits etc ... Viewers enjoy the entertainement of the streamer, not the game.
When guys like him will move to another game, WoW won't even appear on the first Twitch Page

Really there is enough proofs that this guy is doing a really bad job, WE DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ASHRAN, SWIFTY NPC OR SHIT LIKE THAT, BRING BACK GHOSTCRAWLER OR A GUY WHO HAVE WOW EXPERIENCE THANKS

Edited by ImSoAesthetic, 24 January 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#2 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

.... CHURCH

(SORRY YOUR POST MUST BE AT LEAST 2 WORDS LONG)

#3 omfg_alex

omfg_alex
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1553
  • 3v3: 2223
  • RBG: 1778

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

the new changes that they just posted are shit.,.... the pvp is going in bad direction, they wayted years before nefing bos ... really

cc is still overwhelming, burst is still retarded.

hunter traps hello ???? waited 1 year tooo, we played a beta game for so many months after release

#4 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1056
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Clueless. Yes, game is shit but it was bad before too(Talking about the PvP aspect - from what i've heard MoP and wod brought great pve?).
Only reason WoW doesn't attract that great stream audience is because it's not so spectator friendly and Blizzard doesn't focus to make it E-sport at all.
There's still plenty of oldschool players hanging around WoW. Overall not that many have completely quit the game ever.
Also it has never been entirely GC nor Holinkas fault for what happens to the game. There's plenty of aspects of the game that have higher priority than pvp. However, i wish they could indeed listen a bit more to high-rated community since there's been plenty of great suggestions that wouldn't rly affect those "high priorty " aspects of the game..
Then again i do agree the game is shit but it's because they tryhard to make it refreshing , rather than fun and balanced(doing stupid changes and removing fine mechanics rather than keeping the fine mechanics and just tweaking them a little bit)
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#5 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

technically, twitch wasn't even really a thing during wotlk
was all about dat xfire
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#6 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

People on this forums also tend to suggest ways of fixing something quite minor rather than core game problem too.
Stuff like 8 sec kidney turned out to be a minor problem to combat rogues. What the core problem was is their insanely good, nearly unpeelable burst that allowed classes like magesto excel greatly with them.
DPriest silence wasn't a core problem , either. Yet they decided to listen to community to nerf it but they didn't realise it was so early in the season that even now , if priest had their 5 sec silence they would be still in horrific state compared to many other healers. Yes , silence had to be nerfed(hell, even removed) but dpriest is bad class no matter what. It only excels with broken stuff that works 10 times better with a different healer anyway (e.g. Rdruid)

#7 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/0/1/1/1
  • 3v3: 480
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

Ghostcrawler and his "bring the player not the class" bullshit is the worst thing that happened to WoW.

Most changes Holinka made was an attempt to clean Ghostcrawler's mess and bring WoW back to a more TBC/WotLK-like time. He just sucks at his job.
Posted Image

#8 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1783
  • 3v3: 1929
  • 5v5: 1136
  • RBG: 1606
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

Holinka wasn't there for the development of MoP and its first season was perhaps the worst season ever. MoP actually improved throughout, even if it still wasn't very good by the end. Hard to turn lead into gold, you know. Personally I think WoW PvP really began its downward slope in Cata.

#9 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

Ghostcrawler and his "bring the player not the class" bullshit is the worst thing that happened to WoW.

Well that would've been rly great if it was true - the game should be moer about how you play rather than what and with what class you play. Sadly , i don't really think there was ever a time where the player skill was enough to overwhelm counterclasses with average or higher gameplay and knowledge.

#10 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

I think your memory isn't quite right. PvP and realms died mid cata and that was thanks to gc.
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#11 Kidneygod

Kidneygod
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2402
  • 3v3: 2331
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1810

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

MoP has been a complet piece of shit since the beginning to WoD ...
WoD is the exact same thing as MoP or maybe even worse
Oh well, he added Swifty NPC and Bajheera NPC, yeah nice change ...
He had to make arena cross realm and everything because the game came very unpopular in PvP/Arena
They also had to merge realms together because customers keep de-subbing ...

MoP and WoD are still far superior to Cataclysm - the "masterpiece" of Ghostcrawler. Xrealm arenas and removing teams was actually a really good chance - people can actually play more now and try different comps. It was very sad that people was sitting at their ratings from the first two weeks of the season - only the bottom of the ladder was active. There has been dead realms since TBC and again it was really good change to start the server merges.

This thread is just attention seeking bullshit with zero clue about anything. Holinka has made some mistakes, but he has done far better job than Ghostcrawler ever did.

#12 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/0/1/1/1
  • 3v3: 480
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Well that would've been rly great if it was true - the game should be moer about how you play rather than what and with what class you play. Sadly , i don't really think there was ever a time where the player skill was enough to overwhelm counterclasses with average or higher gameplay and knowledge.

It actually is true in PvE. Back in Vanilla/TBC classes and specs were really boxed into certain raid roles. Warriors had to tank, hybrids had to heal, etc. Ghostcrawler did make it so that nowadays you can fix a viable raid with pretty much any combination of classes. PvE game.

In pvp ofc it would never work that way and giving everyone everything just made certain specs garbage because they lost their niche, and others too good because they gained stuff they simply shouldn't have.

EDIT: Love ur avatar. <3

Edited by Gigana, 24 January 2015 - 02:14 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

Well that would've been rly great if it was true - the game should be moer about how you play rather than what and with what class you play.

no
no
no

pretty much every shit decision they have made about this game can be traced back to either their wish to increase player participation in pvp, or their design goal to make all specs viable at absolutely everything

if there were more mechanics in this game to force specific specs/classes to play with other specific specs/classes, and the game was balanced around teams rather then individual specs, the game overall would be 1000x better

Xrealm arenas and removing teams was actually a really good chance - people can actually play more now and try different comps.

it also guarantees that the entire player population for pvp will be either 95%+ horde or 95%+ alliance, but obviously no-one understands that either and presumes its just the human racial :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 24 January 2015 - 02:23 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#14 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Was there a season that was not "the worst season ever"?

#15 Mawky

Mawky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2145
  • 3v3: 2529
  • RBG: 1675

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

it also guarantees that the entire player population for pvp will be either 95%+ horde or 95%+ alliance, but obviously no-one understands that either and presumes its just the human racial :)

*dwarf, N11 and gnome

Remember when on US 95%+ were Horde and swooooosh dwarf racial hits and everybody (95%+) is alliance now?

#16 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:35 PM

Was there a season that was not "the worst season ever"?

season 8. Everything was viable

Edited by zajklon, 24 January 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#17 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2471
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

season 8. Everything was viable

pretty much everything was viable last season of mop too dude

#18 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

*dwarf, N11 and gnome

Remember when on US 95%+ were Horde and swooooosh dwarf racial hits and everybody (95%+) is alliance now?

remember when cata launched and everyone on us went alliance because they wanted to try something different/the racials were better for rbgs? (or well the top 10% wanted it, and the rest followed)

i must have missed them buffing the dwarf racial at the start of cata then nerfing it so they could buff it again for wod :)

out of interest, to the people complaining about how 95%+ of the ladder is alliance, if it was 95% horde instead would you still complain? mainly directed at eu as we have had 2 expansions already of everyone playing alliance

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 24 January 2015 - 02:49 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#19 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

Holinka wasn't there for the development of MoP and its first season was perhaps the worst season ever. MoP actually improved throughout, even if it still wasn't very good by the end. Hard to turn lead into gold, you know. Personally I think WoW PvP really began its downward slope in Cata.

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to turn WoW PvP into something playable again, if given the chance. I'd do it for free even. I've witnessed every single xpack and was a Glad at least once in every xpack, and I have a pretty good idea how the game should work, from a non biased point of view.

There are plenty of players like me, now imagine one of those players was asked what to do and they actually listened.

Nah, better keep clueless people on payroll.

( btw, the damage changes to healers are pve related, too )

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#20 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

pretty much everything was viable last season of mop too dude

Ya, but compared to S8, your comp of choosing had to be able to beat RMD, LSD/2 and KFC. If you got that checked, only then could you get into arena. In S8 it had to follow simple guidelines

- do I have enough damage to kill someone
- if I don't have the ability to chain some CC, do I have the ability to kill someone WITHOUT CC ?
- is my healer of choosing viable for the style of play we want to do ?

And that was it.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<