• US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 1483
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

Hello AJ,
I've been reading this site on and off for a while now and I decided that now was the time to become a forum member and start interacting.

I played a shaman from Vanilla (enhancement) until mid-TBC (elemental) when I got bored of the game and quit. I essentially PVP'd the whole time, but never arena'd until I got back into the game about 2-3 months before the end of MOP. I decided to respec away from enhancement to Resto and really get into the Arena portion of the game. I partnered up with a friend who had also just recently resubbed to WoW and we ran as Rshaman/Feral. Since neither of us had ever done arena and we were just learning our ways we spent a good amount of time wallowing in the 1500's. I know that's not high up for most of you guys, but by the end of the season we had pushed up to 1858 which we were pretty proud of.

Our next milestone goal is 2000 rating and I think we can achieve it, but as we work together to get back into sync as a team and try to get into the groove of playing at the level we were at we're struggling a bit to find some solutions to certain comps. We're also running into some elements of personal skill cap that we need to grow past so I'm reaching out to you guys to see if you can lend some suggestions.

Before we started playing this session, my partner and I set out a few goals that we wanted to focus on:
  • Stay Positive
  • Focus on improvement
  • Don’t complain mid-game (this is more for me as I tend to de-stress by verbally complaining…which in turn stresses out my teammate)
  • Stay light-hearted
I’ve included 4 videos from our games this past session and they show the ups and downs we had over the session so you can get a picture of our playstyle, emotional stability / instability, and overall team play over the gamut. I can't post links yet, but once I get past the 10 post limit I'll come back and make these true links and/or embedded viewers.

Tough game for us where we could feel it slipping away, but didn't really know what to do in order to remedy the problem.
Feral/Rshaman vs. DK/Rdruid
<<< Put me into Twitch >>> onenutmcgee/c/5947419

Heartbreaking game for us where we played ok, but had a strong set up for a kill then lost on their rebuttal. I can tell we were going downhill emotionally because I can hear myself complaining more and unreasonably blaming game design pre and post the match instead of focusing on improvement.
Feral/Rshaman vs Hunter/Rdruid
<<< Put me into Twitch >>> onenutmcgee/c/5947925

We went into a bit of a funk when we lost 4 games straight and then we hit this part of the evening. I’ve included the ending of the game prior to our need to stop, take a breather, and repair our egos and get ourselves emotionally back on track. It’s also a bit long, but I wanted to include it to show you guys my thinking process and the emotional/ego funk we were in and the strategy we used to try and pull ourselves back out.
Feral/Rshaman melt down, talk about it, take a ball out, win.
<<< Put me into Twitch >>> onenutmcgee/c/5948064
You can stop it at after we kill the ele shaman. End of that game is at 9:20 into the VOD

After we rebounded emotionally, we brought back the levity and started to play a little more lighthearted. It wasn’t always our best gameplay, but because we didn’t have the storm cloud over our heads it made the games much easier. Don’t mind the ridiculous chatter…
Feral/Rshaman vs fDK/HPal
<<< Put me into Twitch >>> onenutmcgee/c/5948122

If you somehow got to the end of this post, spent the time watching through our low level MMR games, and could stand to give me some feedback I would really appreciate anything you can pass along. I’m open to all feedback, especially anything on our overall gameplay, communications, UI, or just general feedback.

Thanks everyone!

#2 OneNutMcGee

OneNutMcGee
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 1483
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

I suppose using the word "coaching" was the wrong word as I've gotten PMs for paid services for hourly coaching. I'm looking for a critique - even surface level - of our gameplay and some "duh noob" type of things that you obviously see me making that I don't see myself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resto, Shaman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<