Very few of this glyphs can be picked in a ranked match because there are so many mandatory glyphs (actually many are kinda priest flavor)
Mandatory glyphs in arena: These glyphs are used in kinda every match because they are so useful.
- Penance (while moving)
- Shadow magic (Aura mastery)
Other very useful glyphs:
- Mass dispel (removing immunities)
- Scourge imprisonment
- Fear ward
- Reflective shield
- Weakened soul
Many of these glyphs were actually baseline abilities such as Inquisitor (sw:d - why did they even remove it?), Mass dispel, and Shadow magic.
Whats the problem?
For example against a mage.. wich glyphs do you want to take?
- Since discs literally have no instant ability at all (but pw:s) you need something you can cast while moving. So glyph of penance will be a good choice. If not mandatory
- The mage will try to polymorph the shit out of you. So hmm we pick inquisitor too.
- The mage will block in some point of the game mass dispel would also be a really good choice. For some offensiv play wich priest was actually the best healer for a long time ago.
- But while counterspell and so many other interrupt and silences are in the meta we have to choose glyph of shadow magic. This wouldn't be so mandatory if priests actually had few instant heals or a burst heal.
We have to give up a very priest iconic ability to dispel immunities since there are so dumb glyphs making priest viable.
1. Remove some of these glyphs and balance priest about not having such important if not necessary glyphs.
2. Make some of these glyphs baseline and balance priest about having them baseline.
Both of these solutions would offer a real choice for glyphs again. Standard glyphs are not fun at all