Photo

Disc Priest Glyphs

Glyphs

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 maettu102

maettu102

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

Disc priest has many glyphs wich are very interesting and situational.
Very few of this glyphs can be picked in a ranked match because there are so many mandatory glyphs (actually many are kinda priest flavor)

Mandatory glyphs in arena: These glyphs are used in kinda every match because they are so useful.
  • Penance (while moving)
  • Shadow magic (Aura mastery)

Other very useful glyphs:
  • Mass dispel (removing immunities)
  • Scourge imprisonment
  • Fear ward
  • Inquisitor
  • Reflective shield
  • Weakened soul

Many of these glyphs were actually baseline abilities such as Inquisitor (sw:d - why did they even remove it?), Mass dispel, and Shadow magic.

Whats the problem?
For example against a mage.. wich glyphs do you want to take?
  • Since discs literally have no instant ability at all (but pw:s) you need something you can cast while moving. So glyph of penance will be a good choice. If not mandatory
  • The mage will try to polymorph the shit out of you. So hmm we pick inquisitor too.
  • The mage will block in some point of the game mass dispel would also be a really good choice. For some offensiv play wich priest was actually the best healer for a long time ago.
  • But while counterspell and so many other interrupt and silences are in the meta we have to choose glyph of shadow magic. This wouldn't be so mandatory if priests actually had few instant heals or a burst heal.
So these are four glyphs that are very effective against a mage. We have 3 glyph slots so we actually have to give up one of these four. Most of the time (depends on comp) i wouldn't use glyph of mass dispel.

We have to give up a very priest iconic ability to dispel immunities since there are so dumb glyphs making priest viable.

Solutions:
1. Remove some of these glyphs and balance priest about not having such important if not necessary glyphs.
2. Make some of these glyphs baseline and balance priest about having them baseline.

Both of these solutions would offer a real choice for glyphs again. Standard glyphs are not fun at all

/discuss

#2 Narthypoo

Narthypoo

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

Inquisitor needs to be baseline and/or Death needs to come back in it's Cata variant
MD Glyph Baseline for Disc and Holy
Inner Focus needs to come back and thus remove everything revolving around Fade as a CD for Aura Mastery

We'd be in business and have some decent choices at that point.

#3 KIA Skill

KIA Skill
  • Truemagician
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/2/./.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

Inquisitor needs to be baseline and/or Death needs to come back in it's Cata variant
MD Glyph Baseline for Disc and Holy
Inner Focus needs to come back and thus remove everything revolving around Fade as a CD for Aura Mastery

We'd be in business and have some decent choices at that point.

Would still be dogshit.

#4 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

all kinda useless cuz ur just gunna die lmao
my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#5 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

Would still be dogshit.

with 45s aura mastery instead of 1m 30 and not taking up a glyph shot, baseline md and baseline death? i don't think disc would be dog shit with that

you'd have like 2 extra glyph slots for every single game thats insane

#6 maettu102

maettu102

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

i dont think that this will change the balance in a significant way.. (hmm maybe md glyph) but scourge imprisonment and fearward or even waekend sould wouldn't make a big difference between now..

But fhe fun factor would raise very much. It just feels so shit when u can't use ur priesty abilities like md or death just because you dont have a glyph slot anymore

#7 Belligerence

Belligerence
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

I'd say make more glyphs baseline abilities, especially SW:D.. remove glyph of inq entirely and just bring back the old SW:D - I really wonder what made them remove it in the first place and force us to use Holy Fire instead. You have glyphs allowing you to cast Holy Fire from bigger range and glyph of smite that improves your offensive a bit.. but these are all rendered useless against mage/sham/rogue (and if you're lucky/really quick hunter) comps if you glyphed Inquisitor. I notice myself refraining from casting Holy Fire in case I need to break cc, whereas SWD doesn't sit on a CD. I don't want to rely on half minute cd guises to dodge, not if you compare it to the otherwise always available SW:D macro. To me it feels like you can't play your offensive role to it full potential without using your instant Holy Fires, and if you have to stop yourself from doing that, and in addition sacrifice a glyph slot for it - you know you're off worse without anything to make up for it.
Posted Image

#8 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

against 99% of comps I find myself running inquisitor, mass dispel and shadow magic.
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#9 Yuni

Yuni
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 1813
  • RBG: 1733

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

against 99% of comps I find myself running inquisitor, mass dispel and shadow magic.

i cant play without penance glyph anymore

for me its most ly shadow magic,penance md/death

#10 Iltho

Iltho
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1930
  • 3v3: 1937
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1558

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

I think a simple band-aid fix to the glyph problem would be to make penance castable while moving baseline, since it's pretty much mandatory. That would free up a slot which most of the time is all I really need. Another idea I was thinking might be nice is to give Power Word: Solace the death effect baseline, or just replace the talent with the old SW:D entirely. That would free up another slot against a lot of teams and make glyphing a lot more comfortable.

#11 Wasselina

Wasselina
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2248
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 2016
  • LocationSwe/Ger

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

Anyone else running inquisitor, md and penance (no shadow magic) against rmd?

#12 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

No I find I get completely fucked if they swap onto me and I can't shadowmagic the garrote

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

#13 Wasselina

Wasselina
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSwe/Ger

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

No I find I get completely fucked if they swap onto me and I can't shadowmagic the garrote

You probably have a better and more serious comp than me then so you don't have to tunnel the mage.

My kitty has to tunnel the mage or we lose insta. Hence why I have the md glyph.

#14 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

nope. have you ever faced a mage who's sick at csing? your team can stop most polys and u have guise/meld etc so death is the one with least prio if ur training mage

#15 Wasselina

Wasselina
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSwe/Ger

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

nope. have you ever faced a mage who's sick at csing? your team can stop most polys and u have guise/meld etc so death is the one with least prio if ur training mage

Tried that. I have to death polys every game as they aren't able to glue themselves onto the mage 100% of the time with kicks because they do get faked now and then. I don't fail in deathing them though, which is what causes us to have a >50% winratio vs RMD. Which is kind of a joke, since they should win by default. Had a lot more success in faking CS. I fail to see how 5 seconds free casting every 90 sec can change the game in our favor.

What we lose to is double melee in general. The other day I met a smokebomb cleave which I managed to outrun for 1 minute after breaking shadowmeld in the opener, and when the rogue finally connected on me I faked kick, into a trinketed kidney, into PS and then I died in a 5 sec strang with PS up the whole time + rallying cry from my warrior. Rogue KSd so he was unpeelable, and DK had his 1k trinkets up.

#16 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

Tried that. I have to death polys every game as they aren't able to glue themselves onto the mage 100% of the time with kicks because they do get faked now and then. I don't fail in deathing them though, which is what causes us to have a >50% winratio vs RMD. Which is kind of a joke, since they should win by default. Had a lot more success in faking CS. I fail to see how 5 seconds free casting every 90 sec can change the game in our favor.

What we lose to is double melee in general. The other day I met a smokebomb cleave which I managed to outrun for 1 minute after breaking shadowmeld in the opener, and when the rogue finally connected on me I faked kick, into a trinketed kidney, into PS and then I died in a 5 sec strang with PS up the whole time + rallying cry from my warrior. Rogue KSd so he was unpeelable, and DK had his 1k trinkets up.

your partners need to improve on their kicking then rly to free you up on an extra glyph slot, they shouldn't have time to fake interrupts etc if they are kicking and using interrupts properly

just on example, lets say you face a mage who knows you are going to try and fake until you fake the cs and just holds his cs forever whilst the target you want to heal is at 100k? you just aura and top them after penance through los without any problems at all. gives you way more time to be offensive and less time playing defensive.

still lose to double melee a lot but i play glyph of restored faith and meld in the opener, max range and don't go for fear unless its 100% kill. soon as u come out of meld make sure you are at a good range from the dk and shell yourself. with leap glyph i get partner to position himself next to a pillar, grip myself and los. if dk still has grip u can silence him and get los before he grips you back

havent played priest 3s in a few weeks now but this used to work most of the time

#17 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:01 AM

your partners need to improve on their kicking then rly to free you up on an extra glyph slot, they shouldn't have time to fake interrupts etc if they are kicking and using interrupts properly

just on example, lets say you face a mage who knows you are going to try and fake until you fake the cs and just holds his cs forever whilst the target you want to heal is at 100k? you just aura and top them after penance through los without any problems at all. gives you way more time to be offensive and less time playing defensive.

still lose to double melee a lot but i play glyph of restored faith and meld in the opener, max range and don't go for fear unless its 100% kill. soon as u come out of meld make sure you are at a good range from the dk and shell yourself. with leap glyph i get partner to position himself next to a pillar, grip myself and los. if dk still has grip u can silence him and get los before he grips you back

havent played priest 3s in a few weeks now but this used to work most of the time

Can't kick blind.

Thunka 2.0

#18 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

Can't kick blind.

i'm just talking poly vs mage teams
if you are seriously taking a glyph slot PURELY for blind you are wasting your time since 80% of the time the rogue will use it off a poly to just get trinket

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glyphs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<