Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:23. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Godcomp troubles

godcomp shattreeplay shadow priest mage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thundergnome

Thundergnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/0/0/.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

Hello,
We are having trouble achieving success playing godcomp even at lower ratings (1650ish mmr). I am the SP and all 3 of us have 2k+ experience on alts so we're not that terrible.

Games usually go like this:

Other team (unless double caster) rushes and pop all their CD's on either me or mage. We start to CC but quickly fall behind in healing and damage. It is also difficult to get sheeps and clones off when a tryhard DK/rogue/feral or even enh shaman/warrior has a lot of up-time on a target and our healer needs to concentrate a lot on keeping us up while we're attempting to juke 2-3 interrupts.
I MD CC on our healer as much as possible.

Once I get 5 orbs we burst but they still have all their defensive's since we are unable to apply a lot of pressure off the bat due to SP ramp up time getting orbs. At this point our healer probably burned his trinket and/or we used a block/dispurse,

It's difficult to turn the game around at this stage and it's likely a loss.

I've read some guides and people suggest turtleing between burst windows, but that is easier said than done when the other team simply chases you around the map since we're not putting out much consistent damage compared to the other classes (namely melee). The opposing team's healer has much more time to CC which puts us behind and the game becomes a loss.

Would love to hear some suggestions on what we can and need to do to succeed at running this comp. Or maybe some things that we are not doing, or doing wrong.

Thanks!!

#2 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hello,
We are having trouble achieving success playing godcomp even at lower ratings (1650ish mmr). I am the SP and all 3 of us have 2k+ experience on alts so we're not that terrible.

Games usually go like this:

Other team (unless double caster) rushes and pop all their CD's on either me or mage. We start to CC but quickly fall behind in healing and damage. It is also difficult to get sheeps and clones off when a tryhard DK/rogue/feral or even enh shaman/warrior has a lot of up-time on a target and our healer needs to concentrate a lot on keeping us up while we're attempting to juke 2-3 interrupts.
I MD CC on our healer as much as possible.

Once I get 5 orbs we burst but they still have all their defensive's since we are unable to apply a lot of pressure off the bat due to SP ramp up time getting orbs. At this point our healer probably burned his trinket and/or we used a block/dispurse,

It's difficult to turn the game around at this stage and it's likely a loss.

I've read some guides and people suggest turtleing between burst windows, but that is easier said than done when the other team simply chases you around the map since we're not putting out much consistent damage compared to the other classes (namely melee). The opposing team's healer has much more time to CC which puts us behind and the game becomes a loss.

Would love to hear some suggestions on what we can and need to do to succeed at running this comp. Or maybe some things that we are not doing, or doing wrong.

Thanks!!

Well, first of all, is there any particular reason that youre waiting on 5 orbs to burst? I feel like orbs come so fast that doing damage isnt an issue..Especially when PH returns orbs now.. While youre waiting on orbs, you have dots rolling on everyone and shelling out mind spikes like a damn howitzer. Spriests get trained..... alot.. But i dont feel like its nothing that cant be dealt with atm. Drag melee out of LOS of their healer.. Healer pushes in which leaves him open to mage and/or healer CC.. God comp games can be won with ONE successful chain on the enemy healer.. Literally just have to take advantage of position in this meta. When i was playing it around 2300 a cpl weeks ago, we would wait for orbs and then act like we were going defensive just for a position advantage and then burst to either get a kill or CDs.. actually seemed very easy. Full dots, 3 spikes, and if you chose to wait on 5 orbs, horror into DP is deadly alongside mage burst.. It seemed to me that we could get a kill in 3-4 globals (even thru walls) fairly easily.

Edited by Clamnesia, 16 January 2015 - 04:17 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#3 Sryimadeufap

Sryimadeufap
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/0/0/1/.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

I played it around 2kish mmr first time as shadow. I found get success abusing the pillar when I had PH ready into DP, mage would cc healer and the cc chain would be to much. Forcing the mongo melee LoS of the healer IMO is the number 1 reason we won games. I'm terrible at Shadow and would much rather heal; but GodComp is rather fun and I enjoyed the change of play style.

#4 Thundergnome

Thundergnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/0/0/.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

I'm waiting for 5 orbs for PH -> DP -> DP while hoping for instant spike procs inbetween. I suppose on the first burst I will do with only 3 so we can get pressure out earlier and have 5 orb burst for mage's second round of novas.

Positioning is something we definitely have to work on, and using pillars to our advantage.

Thanks for the quick responses and useful tips!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: godcomp, shattreeplay, shadow priest, mage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users