• EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1970
  • 3v3: 1699
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Hi guise,

Ive been playing a lot of 2v2 recently (1830cr) cause I am helping my mate Disc Priest (casual, but plays well - refuses to use Gladius and tools though so DR management is a porblem for him) and getting cap. I noticed Ferals are more about burst than anything, I rarely kill any healer/dps outside of Incarnation.

This in particular was noticeable at cca 1900 mmr when we faced Disc/Enha. Not being used to the new enha support+constant dps playstyle I found myself OOM after like 2 mins and things have gone to hell. Playing with a priest, constant purges made myself unable to selfheal, shapeshift only occassionally, every single shield was useless. Also, the Shaman seemed to do more constant DPS than me, with me having a lot better burst. I died around 5mins in, inbetween Incarnations.

This arena made me think - is it even worth fighting combs with good constant DPS (War, Enha, Hunt, DK) or just LOS or kite and wait for Incarnation?

Thanks

#2 RatchetSK

RatchetSK
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Today we went arenas again. I tried the burst - kyte - burst windows, worked well against pretty much everyone except....hunters. How the hell do you guys deal with survival hunters? They been ccing my priest like 24/7, stuns, 12sec freezing traps...permaslowed so had to use glyph of free shapeshifting...especially coupled with priests or rdruids.

C'mon, replying will help others, too

#3 Ethaysien

Ethaysien
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 2217
  • 3v3: 2765
  • RBG: 767

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

If your facing any decent hunter/xhealer team as priest/feral you should not win at all maybe rshaman/hunter ,
first of all ferals are realy good in draining healers but against hunter teams your not able to do this strategy.

I play rogue/priest 2s which is not bad but not good either. if we face hunter/x we allways go hunter because he is the one who can stop the chain cc from hunter/x comps. for example stuns roots clones etc etc.

if your looking for more questions let me know!

#4 Hobbesqt

Hobbesqt
  • Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1125
  • 3v3: 1991

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

Your best bet is to abuse the hell out of los until your burst is ready, and you can just wait until dampening and gib their healer. Unfortunately, you aren't really going to win against classes that are OP in a 2v2 arena, simply because the game isn't balanced around it.
Posted Image

#5 RatchetSK

RatchetSK
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for the answers. I have noticed resto druids go down pretty quick except during their incarnation, which i usually clone spam and my priest tries to mind control. Resto shamans detto. Priests are not as squishy, but once my priest goes on a dispell spree, then it is a different story.

Do you think I would have more success in a double dps comb, like retri/feral or enha/feral? Ive done a bit of retri/feral and did not loose once, but problems arise once a hunter/x is in the arena, because we just get CCd to death

#6 Hobbesqt

Hobbesqt
  • Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1125
  • 3v3: 1991

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the answers. I have noticed resto druids go down pretty quick except during their incarnation, which i usually clone spam and my priest tries to mind control. Resto shamans detto. Priests are not as squishy, but once my priest goes on a dispell spree, then it is a different story.

Do you think I would have more success in a double dps comb, like retri/feral or enha/feral? Ive done a bit of retri/feral and did not loose once, but problems arise once a hunter/x is in the arena, because we just get CCd to death

I am going to blow your mind here.

Get a hunter.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 RatchetSK

RatchetSK
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

I am going to blow your mind here.

Get a hunter.

Posted Image

Then proceed to train healers, or cc healer and just zerg dps? I guess depends - stuff with immunities is a lot harder to train than lets say DK or Warr

#8 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

You dont have to train shit till it dies, you can reset you know that right?

Thats like the problem with all double dps comps I face, they think you have to kill something in 30sec or lose, with the ammount of self healing on classes that run double dps which is viable, you can force cds, reset and go again, obvsly harder to do on like ruins of lord etc but any other arena its a possibility

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2v2, feral, druid, playstyle, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<