• Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Dumb change honestly. Its rare Blizz can pull off a situation in which each spec has a niche role in Pvp and both dps specs are viable. They should of just added in a ST Filler for arms and left it as the strong cleave spec, while Fury remains the high pressure/ST spec.

This is also just gonna cause wars to take a huge nerf because of it and then people won't be too fond of this big buff.

I just think it was a good balance when Arms can cleave harder then fury, so it works better with dots classes, but falls behind in ST, In which Fury shines in with things like TSG or KFC, but wouldn't be preferred in something like WLS.

Edited by Ezyo1000, 13 January 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#42 krali

krali
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Rashgarroth
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

I just think it was a good balance when Arms can cleave harder then fury, so it works better with dots classes, but falls behind in ST, In which Fury shines in with things like TSG or KFC, but wouldn't be preferred in something like WLS.

Agreed. I have hunter and dk friends, no enh or locks. Plus the occasional war/rdruid 2s so fury was a clear choice. Now if Arms ST is better, there's no point to those 1h and 2 weeks conquests were not optimally spent. So I'm waiting for those sims pvp results.

#43 gromestick69

gromestick69
  • Members

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

i`m still waiting for a blizzard post explaining why they made the changes to warriors in the first place. At least give us the courtesy.

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

i`m still waiting for a blizzard post explaining why they made the changes to warriors in the first place. At least give us the courtesy.

Blizzard doesn't post reasons for anything let alone reply to people even on official forums.
If the day does not require an AK; it is good.

#45 Hiroshx1

Hiroshx1
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 768
  • 3v3: 384
  • RBG: 1989

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

i did this with my shit geared war vs rdruid non crit 100k.. this is broken as fuck.

#46 Afantara

Afantara
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1771
  • 3v3: 1698
  • RBG: 1629

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

so glad I wasted points on another 2her

#47 Gleet

Gleet
  • Members

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

Its rare Blizz can pull off a situation in which each spec has a niche role in Pvp and both dps specs are viable. They should of just added in a ST Filler for arms and left it as the strong cleave spec, while Fury remains the high pressure/ST spec.

This.

Its a shame the game is balanced primarily around PvE.
I can't see these changes sticking though. It seems like they were just looking for a quick fix to stop warriors complaining. Still doesnt actually fix the core problems of arms.

#48 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Why couldn't they just buff slam to make it a viable choice over SD for single target pressure??? Not the right way of change imo... and when this change gets reverted because of retarded execute one shot then we won't have anything left.

#49 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Why couldn't they just buff slam to make it a viable choice over SD for single target pressure??? Not the right way of change imo... and when this change gets reverted because of retarded execute one shot then we won't have anything left.

They could of done that, but it sounds like in Pve since most fights are cleave heavy anyways, Arms was doing fine, People act like they have to do best ST, Best Cleave, Best burst etc and it ruins the game. Pve changes like this with no thought of how this will effect PVP is just dumb. MS, CS, and Execute are at points where you can't really buff them because they already hit hard to begin with. The smarter ting to do would be to buff an attack that is weaker to that you achieve the goal you wanted, without bringing back one shots

#50 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Can someone answer the following questions:
  • Does mortal hit as hard if not harder than obliterates now (i.e. can it crit 50k)?
  • Can you kill people by yourself without waiting for 90% dampening?
Please answer because my resubbing is contingent upon the answers thanks.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#51 pstol

pstol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

It was a reply to another poster who said arms damage was already fine. In the scenario where arms damage is fine (AOE) these changes go almost unnoticeable.

Of course in PvP these changes are going to be very important, just like aoe damage is usually irrelevant.

Being that we're on Arenajunkies I'm assuming that we are speaking in terms of PVP ;) In spite of this being an obvious PVE change. In arms AOE scenarios for PVP, I hold that these changes are going to be super noticable :P

#52 pstol

pstol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

Dumb change honestly. Its rare Blizz can pull off a situation in which each spec has a niche role in Pvp and both dps specs are viable. They should of just added in a ST Filler for arms and left it as the strong cleave spec, while Fury remains the high pressure/ST spec.

This is also just gonna cause wars to take a huge nerf because of it and then people won't be too fond of this big buff.

Again, this equates to roughly an 8% buff on single target damage, maybe slightly higher. Lower on AOE damage. It's definitely a good buff, but I don't know that it will necessitate a retaliation nerf.

#53 Messman

Messman
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 1639
  • 5v5: 1625
  • RBG: 1720

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

Posted Image

i did this with my shit geared war vs rdruid non crit 100k.. this is broken as fuck.

Are you serious? Please reconfirm. Is this without zerker buff etc?

This is bad. Very very bad. The nerf hammer will come down hard if this is true.

#54 pstol

pstol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

They mentioned weeks ago that Arms damage was undertuned and they had planned changes.

#55 pstol

pstol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

This is bad. Very very bad. The nerf hammer will come down hard if this is true.

This isn't a sudden death proc. I was doing 120k crits pre-nerf and I'm not fully geared. I've seen fully geared warriors do 130k execute-range maxl-rage execute crits.

I've hit 95k non-crits on clothies before consistently.

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

How is it bad? It's an execute, half the damage is overkill. It's just soulburn. SD hits for fuck all since you can't consume any rage so this really changes nothing.
If the day does not require an AK; it is good.

#57 pstol

pstol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Execute has been "retarded 1 shot"... once the target is at <20% hp. This won't change, it will just be more consistent. Sudden death isn't going to do more damage than mortal strike, mortal strike isn't going to 1 shot. You still need to work to get players to the <20% hp mark harder than Fury (and possibly prot too now?) and will be more rewarded for doing so. Doing a low-rage execute will still likely not 1-shot bearform druids / plate classes / shamans at 20%.

#58 Messman

Messman
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 1639
  • 5v5: 1625
  • RBG: 1720

I suck at war then. The biggest execute I ever saw pre-buff was in the 80k-90k range.

100-130k noncrit seems overkill though. I need to test this myself. You guys must be EU cause I can't log in yet.

#59 pstol

pstol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

How is it bad? It's an execute, half the damage is overkill. It's just soulburn. SD hits for fuck all since you can't consume any rage so this really changes nothing.

This. Learn your fucking class people.

#60 pstol

pstol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

I suck at war then. The biggest execute I ever saw pre-buff was in the 80k-90k range.

100-130k noncrit seems overkill though. I need to test this myself. You guys must be EU cause I can't log in yet.

It is overkill, 80k-90k range was kill. Without stam buffs most classes have a little above 300k hp * .20 = 60k hp to be in execute range... this change makes zero difference on executing clothes except when you're burning through coccoon/pw:s (-15% lol)/rally cry/other shields or % damage decreases

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<