forteh
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2504

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

i love it when viper sting dispell resists 4 times w/o any other poisons on me - i really feel like i am beeing outplayed.

#22 Bunbohue

Bunbohue
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

i love it when viper sting dispell resists 4 times w/o any other poisons on me - i really feel like i am beeing outplayed.

For every time that happens, there's another time that it's removed on the first cleanse.

Viper sting is pretty OP against priests. There's no counter to it and most likely you'll get hit with it no matter how good you are at pillar humping. In order to beat hunter teams, you can't outlast them, otherwise you're playing to the hunter's strength. You need to go for a quick kill before viper sting wears down your mana pool.

#23 Ckasper

Ckasper
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

Dude.
They way to win over Hunter-Druid is farely easy. Use all your cooldowns, use all your CC on the druid, and nuke with what ever you got. Smite them down bitch, smite them down.

I've lost to VERY good Priest-Rogue, who just offensive plays us out of the game. But then again, that doesnt happen alot, does it?

#24 Saudade

Saudade
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Khaz'goroth
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:35 AM

lol brallan dondt understand u...ur try telling us thats not op but u play all teams on manaleech lol. I must tell thats rly a hard suck with viper sting and its bcs of this nobody plays classes with manaproblems like u can see on mlg so pls quit telling vipern sting is not op.It take out every manaclass as u sure had seen in ur manaleech fights in 3vs3 or 5vs5

#25 Brallan

Brallan
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

lol brallan dondt understand u...ur try telling us thats not op but u play all teams on manaleech lol. I must tell thats rly a hard suck with viper sting and its bcs of this nobody plays classes with manaproblems like u can see on mlg so pls quit telling vipern sting is not op.It take out every manaclass as u sure had seen in ur manaleech fights in 3vs3 or 5vs5

wat? i dondt understand u either

and no, i really can't say i've seen loads of hunters on the MLG

#26 Deccard

Deccard
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Die Silberne Hand
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

Of course there are next to no hunters in tournaments when there are no classes that are weak to Viper Sting.

#27 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:16 AM

I loled at the first and second page.

If you don't use viper sting against for example rogue/priest, they'll rape you, who is this guy talking bullshit >_>

Even from my bg but never seen :(

#28 Delikat

Delikat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

I cry tears of happiness when I meet a Priest/xxx with my hunter/pala setup =]
sadly 80% is druids on Blackout and 10% is pala/priest other 10% is shamans who rape hunters most of the time =] WHY? cause Their manaregen > VIPER.. zomgg OP?!!? stop QQ.

#29 Malabanana

Malabanana
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:52 AM

LOL you clearly know what you're talking about.

the biggest issue hunters have atm is LoS, if a good healer knows what he's doing, the hunter wont get much on him and besides, what else do we hunters have? we got no RNG LOL MACE STUN WINDFURY to rely on, we got nowhere close the damage other classes have and as said above, LoS issues

Are you seriously saying you got nowhere close the damage other classes have? You fucking blow up anything in 5 seconds if left alone.

#30 Wily

Wily
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

Too bad priests don't have dispel poison. Else they would replace druids. ;) Manaburn has to keep something away from you.
[ no longer plays this character ]

#31 Faile

Faile
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

Trl, I'd like to see you hit any of the ratings Brallan had last season before you start talking bullshit.

I hate Viper Sting but it's not overpowered, it just eats Priests and Mages, that's about it.

i say bring it on blizzard, is that all you've got

#32 Tidal-WR

Tidal-WR
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:19 AM

Fear --> PI --> manaburn takes at least 2-3 buttons depending on macros instead of the 1 required for viper sting, i think he might have a point ;p

#33 Seyena

Seyena
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

Wow lets all qq about rng and countersetup / classes, clearly is a discussion that will be resolved very quick. Yes druid / hunt > priest / rogue but you do have a alright chance to win if you play right and offensively just your not going to outlast.

And to people who cry about viper resists ok it can be annoying but come on .. its rng, mace stun is far worse as is windfury.

#34 Alone

Alone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

Trl, I'd like to see you hit any of the ratings Brallan had last season before you start talking bullshit.

I hate Viper Sting but it's not overpowered, it just eats Priests and Mages, that's about it.

Care to explain what bullshit this would be, and see no reason who a discussion about a class ability is limited to those with high ranked druids. Ok?

#35 Brallan

Brallan
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Duh, of course hunters counters mages with all our shots to interrupt every single spell, and of course viper sting counters a PRIEST who has no poison dispell (and I guess this is why Trl is whining in this post, after all he is a priest)

And sure, hunters can deal a fair bit of damage, IF WE ARE LEFT ALONE, how often am I targetted then? (with the setups i run) 9/10 times!

Neither do we have, like I said in the first post, any special RNG MACE STUN WINDFURY to rely on, we do not have a healing reduction effect up all the time, we do not have stunlocks and this makes it really hard to keep pressure on a healer.

#36 Saudade

Saudade
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Khaz'goroth
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

sry brallan for my very bad english :P
i tried to say that each class which can play on a 3vs3 with 2healers are in some way op. I mean why do u go with 2/3 healers in 3vs3/5vs5? bcs u know how powerfull u are against each manaclass, but i know also that u need to play ur hunter to hang out melee. dondt know but i will always respect more a hunter who rocks in 2dps with rogue as a hunter who plays each game 30minutes bcs the enemy is oom

#37 Celnathor

Celnathor
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Viper Sting is OP against certain classes and mediocre/useless against others.

You can't balance a class around an ability like this.

And therein lies the problem. It's extremely strong versus priests/mages, and pretty damn good against paladins, but it's comparatively very weak against druids(bearform/abolish) and shamans(dispel/cleansing totem, and watershield, which feeds the shaman an ungodly amount of mana if our pet's on him).

It would be a good step overall for game balance to nerf viper sting a bit(or redesign it, even) in exchange for buffs in other areas.

#38 Laiser

Laiser
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

I have more of a problem with that damn scorpion pet more than skillsting.
Posted Image

Formerly Laiser, The paladin.

#39 Celnathor

Celnathor
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

I have more of a problem with that damn scorpion pet more than skillsting.

Pet should only be an issue in the 2v2 bracket(which has about a billion other giant balance issues). In any game where a team has more than one competent DPS(most 3v3, 5v5 games), the pet is gib-bait.

#40 Algrumm

Algrumm
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

Too bad priests don't have dispel poison. Else they would replace druids. ;) Manaburn has to keep something away from you.

No, no they wouldn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<