Alone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

:hunter: combined with whatever really.

Am I the only one thinking Viper Sting is fairly stupid now with the ridiculous amount of resilience and hp people got?
Seriously just fire and forget and you can drain anywhere. You dont need skill, hardly LoS, instant, fuck all cooldown beeing what 15 secs?

Call it a calm rant. I just dont know why they got such an easymode ability.

#2 Brallan

Brallan
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

:hunter: combined with whatever really.

Am I the only one thinking Viper Sting is fairly stupid now with the ridiculous amount of resilience and hp people got?
Seriously just fire and forget and you can drain anywhere. You dont need skill, hardly LoS, instant, fuck all cooldown beeing what 15 secs?

Call it a calm rant. I just dont know why they got such an easymode ability.

LOL you clearly know what you're talking about.

the biggest issue hunters have atm is LoS, if a good healer knows what he's doing, the hunter wont get much on him and besides, what else do we hunters have? we got no RNG LOL MACE STUN WINDFURY to rely on, we got nowhere close the damage other classes have and as said above, LoS issues

#3 Alone

Alone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

If you got problems getting Viper Sting off, then you should consider getting a new keyboard.

As for damage. Good hunter do mental damage, ergo. they need to be burned. Burning requires casting time and LoS. Both something a hunter hardly needs to fire off VS.

#4 Ckasper

Ckasper
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

Did he said Viper Sting you xxxx face? Its called DMG, and keeping presure on a LOS'ing target.

Chesus

#5 Alone

Alone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

Whatever target you focus, you will get the healer out due to your DPS. Then, even if the healer is good at LoS you, a hunter will just instant cast one ability which wins the game. GG.

#6 Brallan

Brallan
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Whatever target you focus, you will get the healer out due to your DPS. Then, even if the healer is good at LoS you, a hunter will just instant cast one ability which wins the game. GG.

Simple question, have YOU ever played hunter/druid vs resto shaman(/druid) + warrior who's pillar hugging with harmstrings and some RNG lovin' on nagrand arena?

Just asking, figure the rest out yourself

Edited by Brallan, 12 July 2008 - 01:06 PM.

#7 Alone

Alone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

So your conclusion is that pillar hugging > VP? Think not.

So you struggle with warriors. QQ. Your ability is able to take any caster class out of the game by boredom.

Sorry a MT there.

#8 Brallan

Brallan
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

I give up

it's like talking to a wall, oh, or someone from EU-Misery, same thing

#9 Alone

Alone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

Oh you attacked my BG. Cute :D

#10 Dirigo

Dirigo
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Dentarg
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

A good Warrior/Rogue knows when he need heals and run behind a pillar and completly shut down the chance for the Hunter to sting the healer. But since u are a priest you might be running with rogue/warrior and both of them should be able to sit on the Hunter without taking to much dmg.

#11 Algrumm

Algrumm
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

[email protected] saying viper sting is weak to a priest.

To the priest poster, no, viper sting is a class of its' own to you.

Most hunter/xxx fights will probably be in their favor vs disc priest/xxx imo.

Just hump a pillar, cause yes, they will destroy you in cloth armor if you give them the chance.

#12 tbe

tbe

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:18 PM

sry to say but u suck priest >< priest/rogue > hunter druid if u play the pro way, when u vs a hunter, do u srsly try to outlast ?? lol u make me laugh, but if play offensive u win the game.

i can give u some tips now, u must stay very close to hunter to reduce his dmg and also u gonna need to b dispeling a shitload, hunter wont b doing much of dmg if your rogue is on him, and your only cc is, fear druid, blind, sap and u can always do that again, remember after every fear u use mindblast and pw death and dispel HOT.

#13 Algrumm

Algrumm
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:20 PM

sry to say but u suck priest >< priest/rogue > hunter druid if u play the pro way, when u vs a hunter, do u srsly try to outlast ?? lol u make me laugh, but if play offensive u win the game.

i can give u some tips now, u must stay very close to hunter to reduce his dmg and also u gonna need to b dispeling a shitload, hunter wont b doing much of dmg if your rogue is on him, and your only cc is, fear druid, blind, sap and u can always do that again, remember after every fear u use mindblast and pw death and dispel HOT.

erm, what?
disc Priest/rogue<Hunter/druid, sorry.

#14 Alone

Alone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

Staying close to a hunter that usually is partnered with a druid. Isnt that an oxymoron?

#15 Anwar

Anwar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

we got nowhere close the damage other classes have

Stupidest sentence ever.

and EU-Misery is a strong bg, infact most the top stormscale people moved from this bg and alot are comming back, come here and do well before you talk shit about us
Tommorow and Tommorow and Tommorow creeps in this petty pace, day by day from the last recorded syllable of time. think about it.

#16 Takanit

Takanit
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

Viper Sting is OP against certain classes and mediocre/useless against others.

You can't balance a class around an ability like this.

#17 Lene

Lene
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

are u stupid?

#18 tbe

tbe

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

are u stupid?

what u mean? instead of saying just 'are u stupid'? noob- -
or unless r u QQ about Vipersting...and btw i didnt mean all the priest, just the 1 that made this thread.

Edited by tbe, 12 July 2008 - 03:31 PM.

#19 Janz

Janz
  • Junkies

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

So your conclusion is that pillar hugging > VP? Think not.

So you struggle with warriors. QQ. Your ability is able to take any caster class out of the game by boredom.

Sorry a MT there.

So you struggle with hunters. QQ. Your ability is to annoy people by burning them OOM in 10 seconds.

#20 Alone

Alone
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

The difference is that Mana Burn requires a cast time and can be LoSed without problems. You can even time spellocks, feral bash, Silence Shots, interupts in general.

Unfortunatly it doesnt work as a FF ability which requires nothing but hammering a button once a targets HAS to appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<