Photo

WotLK PVP Spec time!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Macchuckles

Macchuckles

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

Now that the WotLK Alpha Talent Calculator is available on Wowhead, let's screw around with crazy level 80 talent builds!

Have fun and don't be afraid to retarded!

Talent Calculator Link: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent

35/33/3
This is basically the currently popular 35/23/3 spec with 10pts thrown into the fury tree for Flurry. You could move those 2pts in Imp Slam into something else (Imp Execute, 2/5 BV, 2/3 Blood Craze) depending on your mood. Also note that Iron Will was changed into a 3pt talent. This forces us to put 2pts into Imp HS, Imp Rend, Imp TC, or Imp Charge.

51/20/0
A spec that assumes/hopes that Blade Storm will be buffed into something more useful and worth taking for PVP.

Edited by Macchuckles, 10 July 2008 - 03:19 PM.

#2 Alehandra

Alehandra
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

In before close?
Seriously, this will get closed sooner or later and without the general changes (how many AP, how much dmg, how much hp has each class etc) those talenttrees are of no other use than making you excited about WotLK.

But logic tells me, that either lolstorm or strength of arms will be buffed in a way that you actually want to skill them.

#3 Macchuckles

Macchuckles

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

In before close?
Seriously, this will get closed sooner or later and without the general changes (how many AP, how much dmg, how much hp has each class etc) those talenttrees are of no other use than making you excited about WotLK.

But logic tells me, that either lolstorm or strength of arms will be buffed in a way that you actually want to skill them.

It won't be closed. Or rather, there is no reason that it it should.

The WotLK talents and Death Knight skills/talents were publically revealed at the WWI by Blizzard. Since then many sites have been given the go ahead to post the info that was found out there.

WoWhead has had the info to build a WotLK talent calculator for weeks now but they didn't because of the NDAs. They've finally released it because of the post-WWI permissions. Everything in that calculator is no longer covered under NDA because Blizzard themselves revealed them to the public.

Edited by Macchuckles, 10 July 2008 - 04:07 PM.

#4 Gormoth

Gormoth
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:11 PM

Just a note, Bladestorm was changed to a WW every 1 second, instead of every 1.5. Having that ability to break any CC or counter any incoming CC, or be able to kill someone off without the fear of incoming CC is a big deal, if used properly. Its something our class has needed for quite some time. Some abilities to actually add depth/utility to the class. I don't see why you'd skip it.

#5 swordscream

swordscream
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

Bladestorm will be required for pvp imo as the warrior's greatest weakness is how easily they are CC'd
USMC OIF 04-05

#6 Alehandra

Alehandra
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

It won't be closed. Or rather, there is no reason that it it should.

The WotLK talents and Death Knight skills/talents were publically revealed at the WWI by Blizzard. Since then many sites have been given the go ahead to post the info that was found out there.

WoWhead has had the info to build a WotLK talent calculator for weeks now but they didn't because of the NDAs. They've finally released it because of the post-WWI permissions. Everything in that calculator is no longer covered under NDA because Blizzard themselves revealed them to the public.

Ah, ok then go ahead :).
I'd prefer something with bladestorm (assuming it will be worth it when changed) and TM, probably leaving out enrage.
Rend/bloodbath changes should save me against warriors with enrage, and with TM & lolstorm I could only get 2 points of enrage. Definately not worth it given rend/bloodbath.

#7 Alehandra

Alehandra
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

Just a note, Bladestorm was changed to a WW every 1 second, instead of every 1.5. Having that ability to break any CC or counter any incoming CC, or be able to kill someone off without the fear of incoming CC is a big deal, if used properly. Its something our class has needed for quite some time. Some abilities to actually add depth/utility to the class. I don't see why you'd skip it.

Depends on how lolstorm works. Should it for example work like "beast within" you won't be able to get out of sheep or seduce.
Only out of roots, snares & stuns.
However you'd of course be immun to everything once used.

Problem is imo not so much lolstorm. lolstorm will be situational but not that bad when tweaked a little bit.
Problem is that the talens above and beside ER are plain underwhelming. Once they change Strength of arms into something you really want to have, you'll take lolstorm anyway.

#8 Felanor

Felanor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kilrogg
  • Misery

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

Bladestorm instantly after macestun maybe?
Black Orc Fela

#9 Macchuckles

Macchuckles

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

Also take a look at Safeguard in the 9th level of the Prot tree (Next to Devastate). When I am specced as a prot warrior I'll never take that talent. As an Arms PVP warrior I salivate over it.

"Reduces damage taken by the target of your Intervene ability by 60% for 6 sec. In addition your Charge, Intercept, and Intervene abilities have a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when used."

W A N T

Edited by Macchuckles, 10 July 2008 - 05:33 PM.

#10 Perfects

Perfects
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

why would you not take sudden death at all in either of those builds? If you get focus ever, feeding you 100 rage in 2v2 or 3v3 seems to spell doom for your target...

http://wotlk.wowhead...di0oZVVzm0xRZ0h imo

Edited by Perfects, 10 July 2008 - 05:46 PM.

#11 Macchuckles

Macchuckles

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

why would you not take sudden death at all in either of those builds? If you get focus ever, feeding you 100 rage in 2v2 or 3v3 seems to spell doom for your target...

http://wotlk.wowhead...di0oZVVzm0xRZ0h imo

To be honest I didn't even look at Sudden Death to realize it had changed. Finding stuff like that and trying it out in a spec is what this thread is for!

Also: Unbridled Wrath? Seriously? It's pretty shocking to see Arms warriors even now putting points into that.

#12 leon

leon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

I think bladestorm is gonna be a must have. the other little things that come along with it like imp MS, ER and unrelenting assault (wow, we can destroy rogues again) are all worth it.

#13 Alehandra

Alehandra
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

Also take a look at Safeguard in the 9th level of the Prot tree (Next to Devastate). When I am specced as a prot warrior I'll never take that talent. As an Arms PVP warrior I salivate over it.

"Reduces damage taken by the target of your Intervene ability by 60% for 6 sec. In addition your Charge, Intercept, and Intervene abilities have a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when used."

W A N T

With Vigilance & various taunts usable in PvP I think they want to encourage prot to be played as a well... saveguard to squishy partymembers. The one that fights of all the melee while sticking not to an opponant but to his priest, mage or someone like that.

#14 Krigare

Krigare
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

Picking up Enrage is going to be iffy. On one hand you get 20% more dmg. However rend and bloodbath will do 4x dmg to an enraged target. With wotlk rend + all applicable talents this could be a good 800+ dps just from those 2 bleeds. Depending on HP values this is going to be hit or miss. Warriors could possibly counter themselves.

Edited by Krigare, 10 July 2008 - 09:43 PM.

#15 Alehandra

Alehandra
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

Yes... that is so incredibly stupid it's not even funny.
I can only hope that this just closes the gap between warriors with and without enrage in terms of the dmg the do to each other...
maybe in mild favor of the nonenraged. But hardcountering each other would suck.
Best thing would be if fury still worked to some degree even if enraged but nonenraged armswarrior should best an enraged one ("Your anger will be your downfall, young warrior!"). That would make some sense at least.

#16 Destructive

Destructive
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/2/0/2/1

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:59 AM

I just drop Imp Hamstring for Sudden death

I'll prob go with a 45/23/3 or 36/32/3. Possibly bladestorm as well.

#17 Tremos

Tremos
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:55 AM

Enrage will still be leet.

#18 Kaylos

Kaylos
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:07 AM

With Vigilance & various taunts usable in PvP I think they want to encourage prot to be played as a well... saveguard to squishy partymembers. The one that fights of all the melee while sticking not to an opponant but to his priest, mage or someone like that.

Any non-NDA links to this? Also, the on the talent tree for improved disarm, it reduces your cooldown by 15 seconds for disarm and "Shield Break," whatever shield break is.

#19 Alehandra

Alehandra
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

Actually no, no "non-NDA" links to this :).

#20 Krigare

Krigare
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like Sudden Death?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<