• EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2209
  • 3v3: 2107
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 1608

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

I actually don't think the problem with RMD or Godcomp is the mage or the rogue. Its the druid. Every other healer has to cast, doesnt top their entire team with instants that heal more than the casted heals of the other healing classes. The mage/druid combination is insane too, cause of the fact druids provide so much durability for the mage and they can rotate their CCs.
Everytime I meet RMP it's doable, but when its a druid, its on another whole new level.
I can't even imagine how bad godcomp would be with a paladin or a shaman healer LOL.
Honestly, it's just druids. I don't think there is a single comp in the game right now that's not better with a resto druid healing it and not some other healer ( except maybe LSD2).

Turbocleave

#122 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:58 PM

For sure enhance/warr would work with a rdruid

#123 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

Tried it since this?

Und;
  • Ice Nova Causes a whirl of icy wind around the target enemy or ally, dealing [ 1 + 250% of Spell Power ] Frost damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and freezing for 2 sec. A primary enemy target will take 100% increased damage. Max 2 charges. Replaces Frost Nova. Mage - LvL 75 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant.3 sec cooldown.
(200% before, 250% on PTR)

Ice Nova buff, really? I didn't even see that.

Somehow it really depresses me to know that it'll take till next expansion for Ice Nova to be removed. And that's being optimistic.

Also shouldn't frostbolts on snared targets be hitting for around 13-15k with that latest update?

Edited by Charred, 18 January 2015 - 06:19 AM.

Posted Image

#124 Azureflames

Azureflames
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

Also shouldn't frostbolts on snared targets be hitting for around 13-15k with that latest update?

Think it's more like 12k but I'm not 100% sure. I think my average is usually just under 8k non-crit currently. I'll check tomorrow night when I'm back home.

Probably also depends if you are going vers or not.

Edited by Azureflames, 18 January 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#125 anneeh

anneeh
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

That damage buff to ice nova is most likely a tooltip fix from a while ago, I think I remember them buffing it by 25%.

However, the 3 second cd is new, that's gonna change some of the dynamic with ice nova burst.

#126 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 1849
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

Ice Nova currently has a 250% ratio, so that's a tooltip update. The 3 sec CD sucks, but you can still fire both off into a Deep on PTR which kinda makes adding a CD pointless imho.

The 50% damage on FB is huge though. I've updated my spreadsheet for those interested in the numbers:
https://docs.google....6Ie8/edit#gid=0

Edit: Thinking about it, If we play a more sustained damage style, we can get some pretty fierce damage by using Ice Nova as a sort of new-aged shatter combo. Something like FB->Freeze->Nova for just basic damage. A full on rotation seems impractical but I'd imagine goes something along the lines of:

Trinkets+Frostbolt->Freeze->Nova->Orb->Comet->Deep(Glyphed)->Bolt/FFB/rePoly->Nova->Lance out.

Comet has a short GCD, so the Bolt/FFB->Nova that follows will always land into Deep regardless of haste, not to mention every single spell in the rotation benefits from shatter. Pretty crazy to think about.

#127 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

still hoping they randomly switch the 2set and 4set bonuses around, so we can use the frostbolt set bonus + 0 mastery gear :(

The 3 sec CD sucks, but you can still fire both off into a Deep on PTR which kinda makes adding a CD pointless imho.

regardless of what they do to cooldowns etc, deepfreeze not breaking on damage while ice nova exists in its current state is a stupid change

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 18 January 2015 - 02:32 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#128 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

still hoping they randomly switch the 2set and 4set bonuses around, so we can use the frostbolt set bonus + 0 mastery gear :(

regardless of what they do to cooldowns etc, deepfreeze not breaking on damage while ice nova exists in its current state is a stupid change

I kinda wish they'd bring back the 1sec root on CoC from back in the day as the 2set. Ya know, reward us for actually hitting the targets and give us the breathing room the bonus is intended for? Blizzpls :/

#129 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

I kinda wish they'd bring back the 1sec root on CoC from back in the day as the 2set. Ya know, reward us for actually hitting the targets and give us the breathing room the bonus is intended for? Blizzpls :/

yep :( would never happen tho unfortunately, melee classes being able to easily have 100% uptime vs casters is still one of the most "successful" balance changes of this expansion :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 18 January 2015 - 02:54 PM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#130 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

Whats the root you guys are talking about. Was it like frostbite as a setbonus?
Posted Image

#131 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

Whats the root you guys are talking about. Was it like frostbite as a setbonus?

in cata they removed frostbite because it was op and replaced it with a talent to give cone of cold a 2 second root, off dr with novas

in mop they removed the root because it was op and gave ice ward, off dr with novas

in wod they wanted to remove mages advantage vs melee compared to other casters, so they removed the 2nd root dr because it was op and left ice ward effectively useless

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 18 January 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#132 Criterboyswag

Criterboyswag
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2362
  • 3v3: 2637
  • 5v5: 1517
  • RBG: 2095

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

buff mages seems like a good idea imo they need it 100% no sarcasm here

#133 Slappajack

Slappajack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1643
  • 3v3: 2508
  • 5v5: 2104
  • RBG: 2476

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

I'm glad to see people like Charred actually posting again. It's been a while since I have been able to read this website without shit posting dominating every thread, stay strong friend.

But on topic, I was looking at the mage tree and thought maybe the whole tier should be re adjusted numbers wise. For example if you doubled the values on unstable magic (60% chance - 100% Damage) and combined this with the new set bonuses, you could technically have close to wrath style game play which could be viable? Like that means at least if your playing MLS for example you can go for the turret style of play, and if your playing RMD you can take ice nova for the burst and the instant cc to help secure kills. So you could actually have a varied set of talents for better game play. Since I have to admit, I myself don't play a mage any more. But I can really see why you all dislike it so much.

Keep in mind I'm only throwing ideas out that other people may not have considered so....Obviously numbers would be tweaked and I am honestly clueless on what could be done to make frost bomb a viable choice, but I know the majority of mages hate that talent as well.
Also

we got a pro-mage mod on the loose, this is bad news for aj, dark days ahead

Do you literally do anything apart from shit post Nowadays? Honestly curious.
Posted Image
:)

#134 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

@Whompin I feel that, I mean on one hand, I really enjoy being able to post without titles (foreverduelist.jpg), but on the other, the influx of trolling and general ass-hattery is pretty infuriating at times.

Also, that suggestion on Unstable Magic is actually really solid man. Obviously the exact numbers would have to tuned as to not break us in PVE, but a turret style would be quite refreshing given the current state of "Run for your life until you have double nova + comet + orb and deep..." Because, like you said, it's really quite a drag to play, and the reason a gigantic population of mage mains rerolled to DK's and other mongo shit. It's just not fun to be in a high risk, low reward situation EVERY game should you try to hardcast damage.

#135 Bladetwister

Bladetwister
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1774
  • 3v3: 2601
  • RBG: 767

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

bring back posting access requirement so only glads get to troll, thx

#136 SRoams

SRoams
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2355
  • 5v5: 2149
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

Deep Freeze's stun effect now always breaks on damage from Ice Lance or Ice Nova, but no longer has a chance to break from other damage sources.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<