• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1754
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Some of these changes are interesting. Although I was hoping for some survival hunter nerfs and some marksman hunter buffs.

MARKS BUFFS? XXXXXDDDDDDD
Posted Image

#42 happycutie

happycutie
  • Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Maybe take some of your own advice. I've said plenty of times that Ice Nova is retarded, as well as this change is retarded.

But since im a nice guy, ill repeat it once more for your peanut sized brain:

Ice nova is one of the worst designed spells we've ever had. It's our only way to kill something and replaces a core spell that our class has had for over 10 years. I've stated mutliple times that we'd be far better off without it. It covers up the real issues our class currently has, which leads to people like jaimex believing our class is perfectly "fine", while our current playstyle/design is terrible.

Yea by spamming polymorph all game combined with the CC of a druid+spriest/rogue damage.

But again, please find me more than a single instance where non-autistic players die to non-ice nova damage.

well if u think ice nova is mage's ony issue.. i have no words

each our "shiny" instant is doing 2-5 more dmg than frostbolt; mage is in perfect spot in current meta.. even if trained we're able to pull almost full dmg

ice nova is what makes us op, w/o this crap mage is fine

#43 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

jezus fucking christ are you retarded?
Posted Image

#44 firebunny

firebunny
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1754
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

each our "shiny" instant is doing 2-5 more dmg than frostbolt; mage is in perfect spot in current meta.. even if trained we're able to pull almost full dmg

ice nova is what makes us op, w/o this crap mage is fine

I don't know why I even read
Posted Image

#45 Kirsikka

Kirsikka
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationSide-7

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

I feel bad for Charredz trying to reason with these kids.
I'm amazed at how this website dropped from good players trolling to a new generation of downs.

Stay strong Charredz

#46 Shaydd

Shaydd
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2402
  • 3v3: 2037
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

Kinda worried about god comp. Horror deep silence combo.

#47 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

I feel bad for Charredz trying to reason with these kids.
I'm amazed at how this website dropped from good players trolling to a new generation of downs.

Stay strong Charredz

Thanks
I realize I often may be wrong in what I believe & I have no problem with admitting that I am when people can just discuss stuff in a normal way, though that seems to be hard sometimes indeed.

Kinda worried about god comp. Horror deep silence combo.

Ice Nova crits for ~72k, comet storm for about 35k I believe? That's 170k in 3 globals.

Edited by Charred, 10 January 2015 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image

#48 SRoams

SRoams
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2355
  • 5v5: 2149

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Godcomp and MLS/D and even Mage/Boomkin might be over the top in 6.1

#49 Unforced

Unforced
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 761

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

Godcomp and MLS/D and even Mage/Boomkin might be over the top in 6.1

You think Destro/Mage/X would be good? I think it would be really good. All you would need is a deep with the other 2 poly/feared.

#50 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1963
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

Alright so these changes we have:
1rst:2 set bonus, which adds aoe slow that is not needed since we have passive slows for whoever hits us.
2ond: 4 set bonus , which gives us 30% frostbolt buff .Frostbolt does 8k dmg without proccs , with 30% buff it will do around 10k , which is still nothing.
3rd: Deep change , which will mostly benefit spellcleaves going 1 shot mode with double ice nova crits.
Many mages are propably happy with these changes but i actually dislike them by miles.I want to see shatter back in the game , i want to remove the stun from ice nova , increase frostbolt dmg by a ton , but these changes are unlikely to happend :(

#51 qbít

qbít
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

First of all, all the numberchanges, (25% ice nova dmg) etc are all tooltip updates. There are no buffs. Why are you even posting if you can't even look up simple facts?

Secondly, people worried about deeping and ice nova? You are already getting back to back crits if you freeze and then ice nova, (getting shatter), and then nova on top of your ice nova (getting shatter). So nothing is really changed there damage wise. Ice Nova already "stuns" aswell, so... Please think before you say stupid shit... people talking about 71 ice nova crits? What fucking game have you been playing? 1-2 pieces from being maxed, and with trinkproccs and incanters maxed i dont even see close to that. What I have seen is 102k crit oblitirate on me tho, peace out, prolly pve trinket hero but still

I don't think the change will be as major as you make it out to be, not even close.

That said, Ice Nova is boring as fuck to use and it is a sad mechanic. I would much rather have my shatters back and actually do damage instead of pressing an instant and then waiting for 1min with spamming polys ring and nooodle-dmg

#52 Shaydd

Shaydd
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2402
  • 3v3: 2037
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Seen easily over 70k crits. Just looked at ziqos stream.

#53 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

First of all, all the numberchanges, (25% ice nova dmg) etc are all tooltip updates. There are no buffs. Why are you even posting if you can't even look up simple facts?

Im pretty sure almost nobody is posting that?

New setbonus is a nice damagebuff to frostbolt though.

Secondly, people worried about deeping and ice nova? You are already getting back to back crits if you freeze and then ice nova, (getting shatter), and then nova on top of your ice nova (getting shatter). So nothing is really changed there damage wise. Ice Nova already "stuns" aswell, so... Please think before you say stupid shit... people talking about 71 ice nova crits? What fucking game have you been playing? 1-2 pieces from being maxed, and with trinkproccs and incanters maxed i dont even see close to that. What I have seen is 102k crit oblitirate on me tho, peace out, prolly pve trinket hero but still

If you'd play mage, you would know that scenario is very unreliable. Especially nova on top of a nova will almost never happen when a secondary target is DPSing your enemy. Even something as little as a pet waterbolt often breaks it when landing in the global of the first nova.

Deep now allows us to get out wombocombo of with guaranteed shatters on each spell in addition to having a third global thats guaranteed a shatter proc (which you couldnt with the second nova due to DR I believe?).
Comet storm on a shattered targets is another nice chunk of damage, especially when you start off with it & it lands during the first IN it will be a huge amount of damage all of a sudden.

I think comet storm will be the best, but it's interesting to see how Crystal will interact with the "new" DF as well.
I wonder if the crystal damage will get shatter bonus (could probably test it now, but no time), which may result in even crazier burstdamage.
Or Icelance spam into crystal w splitting ice (not sure how that'll work out w new deep) next to a df'd target. Quite a few possibiltiies that all seem pretty crazy.

And you're doing something terribly wrong if you dont get even close to 70k IN crits with everything up. I don't even run flow, my gear is far from maxed & I pull those numbers.

I don't think the change will be as major as you make it out to be, not even close.

I think you're greatly underestimating the power of reliability in this game.

That said, Ice Nova is boring as fuck to use and it is a sad mechanic. I would much rather have my shatters back and actually do damage instead of pressing an instant and then waiting for 1min with spamming polys ring and nooodle-dmg

Pretty much everybody would.

Edited by Charred, 10 January 2015 - 05:36 PM.

Posted Image

#54 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

I wonder if the crystal damage will get shatter bonus (could probably test it now, but no time), which may result in even crazier burstdamage.

crystal damage cannot crit, so no it will not get the shatter bonus

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#55 Swack

Swack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1437
  • RBG: 2611

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

fucking blizzard, i swear they have legit autism

mages are completely fine lol, have they even seen combat rmd/godcomp? (godcomp can lose to some stuff, rmd should never lose ever)

this.

what the fuck blizz

#56 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

crystal damage cannot crit, so no it will not get the shatter bonus

Nice, didn't know that.
Posted Image

#57 Lolzorzzzz

Lolzorzzzz
  • Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

If this shit happens again im fucking gone. Why do mages always have to be OP...

Mages are fine atm and will remain fine.

However 4+ cc breakers and 80k obliterates are fine, huh ?

#58 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

Mages are fine atm and will remain fine.

if that deep freeze change goes live as it is, then no we really will not remain fine

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#59 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

this.