• EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

We aren't fine.

If you don't spec Ice Nova, which is a stupid spell to begin with, we have barely any damage. How can you possibly claim that's it's fine when an entire class' viability depends of a single talent?

As I said to some other guy, mages work in godcomp/RMD right now, because we're one of the hardest to kill classes. Pair the hardest to kill class with the best healer & it's inevitably going to work. You don't see any other magecombos at high rating for a reason.

Godcomp/RMD might be really strong right now, but that says more about the combo & restodruids. If these combos work with how mages are right now, imagine what they'll be like when mages are actually good again.

That aside, the setbonusses are really welcome changes, even though I don't get why they integrate the frostbolt damagechange into our setbonus. I'd rather see us just get a flatout increase on it.
On top of that, Deep Freeze into double IN seems like a really stupid idea. The burst from Ice Nova is already incredible right now, when we're going to be able to proc shatters on both, i'm not sure what'll happen.

On a sidenote: hopefully a GM can refund the conq points spend on my non-set shoulders & helmet.

the game is balanced around comps, not classes. KAPPA. But it should be. And that's like saying resto shamans are balanced around having NG, BUFF RSHAMANS. Mages never cease to amaze me with stupidity.

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#22 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

ideal changes for them to make to the current patch notes

swap the new mage 4 set with the new mage 2 set - then we can actually get the useful 2 set and ignore the useless 4 set in favour of getting perfect stats on gear

revert that absolutely idiotic deep freeze change as soon as the 6.1 ptr hits

done, mages are probably in the most fine state they will ever be this expansion

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 10 January 2015 - 01:06 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#23 Jinngo

Jinngo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1235
  • 3v3: 2434
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

Ice nova got a 25% buff too.
In number terms if this was live now you'd basically be getting back to back 75k crits into a deep followed by a ffb/comet storm.

God comps already strong, after this it'll just be unstoppable. Shits going to drop with a silence -> horror on the healer easilly.

If this shit happens again im fucking gone. Why do mages always have to be OP...

#24 Mawky

Mawky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2145
  • 3v3: 2529
  • RBG: 1675

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

the game is balanced around comps, not classes. KAPPA. But it should be. And that's like saying resto shamans are balanced around having NG, BUFF RSHAMANS. Mages never cease to amaze me with stupidity.

druids are the best healer in almost any comb, even for cleaves. druids should be build around clones (and mobility) and not outhealing even a restoshaman w/o even going oom.

why not turn turn that down and turn mages up? its not the mage who makes this comb op but druid to be the best healer in any situation and combatrogues dealing the insane dmg.

edit: @Jinngofagswag: agaik the changes were tooltiphotfixes, so the deep change will "only" give IN the chance to profit from the shatter talent

Edited by Mawky, 10 January 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#25 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

If this shit happens again im fucking gone. Why do mages always have to be OP...

all of the damage changes on the ptr notes are buffs/nerfs that have already happened, this is the tooltips finally catching up

the only changes that are new with this patch so far are the mechanical changes to how spells work

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 10 January 2015 - 01:09 PM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#26 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

druids are the best healer in almost any comb, even for cleaves. druids should be build around clones (and mobility) and not outhealing even a restoshaman w/o even going oom.

why not turn turn that down and turn mages up? its not the mage who makes this comb op but druid to be the best healer in any situation and combatrogues dealing the insane dmg.

mages dont need turned up though? Rofl. Sorry you aren't THE best caster for once, disc + mage x is perfectly viable too. Its sad really, druids are a little broken, but tbh mage is broken aswell =)

#27 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

You're such a fucking idiot, why do people like you even post. I'm trying to have a normal conversation and you start saying shit like "Mages never cease to amaze me with stupidity."

Fucktards like you remind me why I stopped reading this website ages ago
Posted Image

#28 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

You're such a fucking idiot, why do people like you even post. I'm trying to have a normal conversation and you start saying shit like "Mages never cease to amaze me with stupidity."

Fucktards like you remind me why I stopped reading this website ages ago

your class is perfectly viable. That's like me going around saying eles are carried by druids. They aren't, ele is fine right now. As is mage. I literally got hit by a 74k icenova the other day. Your class is broken, it's not debatable.

#29 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

your class is perfectly viable. That's like me going around saying eles are carried by druids. They aren't, ele is fine right now. As is mage. I literally got hit by a 74k icenova the other day. Your class is broken, it's not debatable.

If you don't spec Ice Nova, which is a stupid spell to begin with, we have barely any damage. How can you possibly claim that's it's fine when an entire class' viability depends of a single talent?

Edited by Charred, 10 January 2015 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image

#30 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

then spec icenova? 90% of classes have their viability determined by a talent. Ferals aren't even good if they don't go incarnation, lets buff them then???????????????????????????????????????????

mage players =)

#31 Chipz

Chipz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1222
  • 3v3: 2658

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

Mages will shit on literally everything when this patch goes live like this.
While i do like the idea of beeing able to nuke in deepfreeze, which makes certain caster cleaves viable again, i dont like it in combination with the dps a mage can do with double icenova while still having the best cc and one of the best surviveabilities in the game.

#32 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

then spec icenova? 90% of classes have their viability determined by a talent. Ferals aren't even good if they don't go incarnation, lets buff them then???????????????????????????????????????????

mage players =)

mage players =)

Incarnation is a 3min cooldown.

Ice nova is our main source of damage to kill anything with.

Notice the difference?
Posted Image

#33 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

mages really dont need to be turned up, they should be strong with certain classes (as they are now, dumb mechanics or not) but should not be absolutely broken strong with every single other caster and healer you can think of to queue with, as i think some people want them to be

more classes need to be balanced around very specific comps like mages, and not the other way around. the other way around was how it worked in cata and mop (bring the ABSOLUTE BEST caster and the ABSOLUTE BEST melee and you have the ABSOLUTE BEST comp) and it really needed to change already

#34 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

Incarnation is a 3min cooldown.

Ice nova is our main source of damage to kill anything with.

Notice the difference?

my point was talents determine a spec viability more often than not. Even dizzeeyo can see mages are strong right now.

#mageplayers =)

#35 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

my point was talents determine a spec viability more often than not. Even dizzeeyo can see mages are strong right now.

#mageplayers =)

A single talent which is a class' (not spec) only source of noticeable damage output, completely fine right. Please go count the amount of times you die to a burst of damage from our class which wasn't set up by Ice Nova, you'll notice it comes awfully close to 0.

Also being fine is something entirely different than being strong.
Posted Image

#36 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

what a dumb change

#37 happycutie

happycutie
  • Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

A single talent which is a class' (not spec) only source of noticeable damage output, completely fine right. Please go count the amount of times you die to a burst of damage from our class which wasn't set up by Ice Nova, you'll notice it comes awfully close to 0.

ure blind or sth?

ice nova burst is out of controll, after df change it will be broken op
how much it changed from mop? we'll be in same spot... diff will be.. spam ice nova instead of ice lance into deep

and trust me... ppl die to mage burst what should never happen in 3s.. when 1 class may kill some1 on their own

#38 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

actually any decent rmd/godcomp does retarded sustained pressure. Not much point discussing with you though, you don't even understand your own class.

#39 Champloos

Champloos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Alexstrasza
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 671
  • 3v3: 2330

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

It's happening all over again. :mage: :druid: :priest:

#40 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

ure blind or sth?

ice nova burst is out of controll, after df change it will be broken op
how much it changed from mop? we'll be in same spot... diff will be.. spam ice nova instead of ice lance into deep

and trust me... ppl die to mage burst what should never happen in 3s.. when 1 class may kill some1 on their own

Maybe take some of your own advice. I've said plenty of times that Ice Nova is retarded, as well as this change is retarded.

But since im a nice guy, ill repeat it once more for your peanut sized brain:

Ice nova is one of the worst designed spells we've ever had. It's our only way to kill something and replaces a core spell that our class has had for over 10 years. I've stated mutliple times that we'd be far better off without it. It covers up the real issues our class currently has, which leads to people like jaimex believing our class is perfectly "fine", while our current playstyle/design is terrible.

actually any decent rmd/godcomp does retarded sustained pressure. Not much point discussing with you though, you don't even understand your own class.

Yea by spamming polymorph all game combined with the CC of a druid+spriest/rogue damage.

But again, please find me more than a single instance where non-autistic players die to non-ice nova damage.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<