• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2355
  • 5v5: 2149
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

Deep Freeze Stuns the target for 5 sec. Only usable on Frozen targets. Damage caused may interrupt the from Ice Lance will break this effect. Mage - Frost Spec. 2% of Base Mana. 35 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

Well...I guess we have Deep> Ice nova+ Ice Nova.

The new set bonus are interesting too:

#2 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

Well...I guess we have Deep> Ice nova+ Ice Nova.

Ice nova got a 25% buff too.
In number terms if this was live now you'd basically be getting back to back 75k crits into a deep followed by a ffb/comet storm.

God comps already strong, after this it'll just be unstoppable. Shits going to drop with a silence -> horror on the healer easilly.

#3 SRoams

SRoams
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2355
  • 5v5: 2149
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:42 AM

I think most damage % changes are actually just tooltip fixes.

By the way, from the looks of it, Arcane will have PoM Poly back.

#4 fonekcef

fonekcef
  • Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:42 AM

Ice Nova change is just a tooltip fix.

#5 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

really incredibly dumb for that deep freeze change to go live with ice nova still doing the damage it does

I think most damage % changes are actually just tooltip fixes.

yep

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 10 January 2015 - 04:47 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#6 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:58 AM

Item - Mage WoD PvP Frost 2P Bonus (New) When you cast Cone of Cold, a patch of ice is left on the ground below the target area for 6 sec, slowing any enemies in the area by 50%. 100 yd range. Instant.

so you basically cone of cold to slow and you drop an aoe slow, HAHHAHA. ok.

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

so you basically cone of cold to slow and you drop an aoe slow, HAHHAHA. ok.

good for less able players who have trouble actually hitting targets with cone of cold I guess :)

also rofl
  • Glyph of Ignite Name Changed from Glyph of Frostfire Bolt to Glyph of Ignite. Reduces the cast time of Frostfire Bolt by 0.5 sec. Major Glyph. Causes your Ignite to also slow the target's movement speed by 40%. Major Glyph.

so a fire dot slows the target now, ok xD

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 10 January 2015 - 05:02 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#8 Bearlysober

Bearlysober
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 768

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

Link source please :D

Found the source myself. For those who might wonder: PTR Build 6.1: http://www.mmo-champ...PTR-Build-19445

Edited by Bearlysober, 10 January 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#9 Freshlemons7474

Freshlemons7474
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/1/2/0/.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:04 AM

Glad to see mages are getting love. Mages make more specs viable which is good, but they should tone down ice nova damage now that deep is only going to break on ice lance.

This is the first look at 6.1 so things are bound to change. Im crossing my fingers for a little more destruction love.

#10 Ramix

Ramix
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1395

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

Some of these changes are interesting. Although I was hoping for some survival hunter nerfs and some marksman hunter buffs.

#11 Bearlysober

Bearlysober
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 768

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:40 AM

Some of these changes are interesting. Although I was hoping for some survival hunter nerfs and some marksman hunter buffs.

You sir are probably posting on the wrong topic :mage:

#12 Ramix

Ramix
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1395

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

You sir are probably posting on the wrong topic :mage:

Was just speaking generally but let's not derail this thread.

#13 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2107
  • 3v3: 2437
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

Welp if ice nova / poly doesn't get changed in some way then nobody will be able to hold a candle to 'cant play your character ever cleave' that is known as "Godcomp"

#14 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

good for less able players who have trouble actually hitting targets with cone of cold I guess :)

also rofl

• Glyph of Ignite Name Changed from Glyph of Frostfire Bolt to Glyph of Ignite. Reduces the cast time of Frostfire Bolt by 0.5 sec. Major Glyph. Causes your Ignite to also slow the target's movement speed by 40%. Major Glyph.
so a fire dot slows the target now, ok xD

Honestly it's kind of needed. Fire has shit for control right now since you can't CoC, Nova, or do anything but spec Ice Ward to keep people away from you. They could fix all of this if they just nerf the shit out of anti-kiting mechanics right now.

#15 fonekcef

fonekcef
  • Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

this is pretty big.

#16 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

this is pretty big.

yeaa

#17 Keelinm1

Keelinm1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 1702
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

WERE FUCKING BACK BOYS

kill set ups = frostbolt fapping till 5 icicles + 2 stacks of brain freeze into deep into double nova double ffb into pet freeze lance icicle tickling

use it on the purger and you can bring glyph of icy veins safely, you only really need it for 4 gcd's or so anyway

stoked

holy shit you can just orb + lance into a crystal beside the deep too

the sun is shining brightly
sometimes i sit up & wonder what could have happened if i never got a job or life, but instead dedicated all my days to my 8/10 normal brf guild http://puu.sh/hd87p.jpg

#18 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

fucking blizzard, i swear they have legit autism

mages are completely fine lol, have they even seen combat rmd/godcomp? (godcomp can lose to some stuff, rmd should never lose ever)

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#19 happycutie

happycutie
  • Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

DF change seems good and bad in same moment - it will only make ice nova allways crit and most likely it will be new gimmic burst

as positive effect DF has now other use than cc before we cast poly

still wish to see some pvp releated change - like pet is major cd now *like in wotlk), cause no mage need casting pet that is 90% out of los and only use is ranged nova, and sth that will make frost mastery "good" i pvp perspective; dunno bout ice nova... quite needed atm but promotes disgusting playstyle "omg i can burst each 60 seconds", not cool for me.. prolly not cool for every1 even for dragonslayers

#20 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

fucking blizzard, i swear they have legit autism

mages are completely fine lol, have they even seen combat rmd/godcomp? (godcomp can lose to some stuff, rmd should never lose ever)

We aren't fine.

If you don't spec Ice Nova, which is a stupid spell to begin with, we have barely any damage. How can you possibly claim that's it's fine when an entire class' viability depends of a single talent?

As I said to some other guy, mages work in godcomp/RMD right now, because we're one of the hardest to kill classes. Pair the hardest to kill class with the best healer & it's inevitably going to work. You don't see any other magecombos at high rating for a reason.

Godcomp/RMD might be really strong right now, but that says more about the combo & restodruids. If these combos work with how mages are right now, imagine what they'll be like when mages are actually good again.

That aside, the setbonusses are really welcome changes, even though I don't get why they integrate the frostbolt damagechange into our setbonus. I'd rather see us just get a flatout increase on it.
On top of that, Deep Freeze into double IN seems like a really stupid idea. The burst from Ice Nova is already incredible right now, when we're going to be able to proc shatters on both, i'm not sure what'll happen.

On a sidenote: hopefully a GM can refund the conq points spend on my non-set shoulders & helmet.

Edited by Charred, 10 January 2015 - 12:47 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<