• Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2401
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Just wanted to start a thread on the current state of resto shamans.

My personal take is that our healing output is probably best, if not one of the best (as always), but we are the target to train(as always).

I like the tremor change, and I like the healing stream totem nerf. What do you guys think can be implemented into the game that won't over-buff us but make our survivability somewhat decent?

I feel like shamans need rets or ferals to survive, and if neither of those are on my team I get trained all the time and just die.

1) One of the changes I was thinking was for Nature's Guardian to be available for resto shamans for free (but increase the passive CD), and actually allow us to choose among a new talent, Astral Shift (toned down to 30%?), or Stone Bulwark Totem.

2) OR completely rework our level 100 talent tree.

Just an idea but something like "Totem Mastery".. which would

- Give totems a boost of HP (5% of our HP or something)
- Fortify certain major CD totems
- Increase DMG reduction in Sprit Link Totem to 20%, and allow the buff to stay up on the shaman for 6 seconds IF totem is killed (reason being I feel like right now people just train me through link, and I just die anyway)
- Increase DMG done by Fire Elemental Totem (right now a 5 min CD that hits for like 800)
- Something with Earth Elemental Totem (5min CD).

3) OR Just give Resto Shamans shamanistic rage! :D

Small changes would be key, but I would really like to see something done with our ability to survive.

What do you guys think?

#2 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Why does ur dispel heal for 50k when my ua does 28k damage?!?_!#?_#! :mad: _ :mad:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#3 xDamnationx

xDamnationx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

I always found it strange that WLS is one of the most popular comps but shamans are looked at as the healer not on par with the others.

How does that comp work? Does it put out so much pressure that teams like ret/dk and tsg can't zerg them down before being put on the defensive?

#4 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

giving resto sham rage? are you taking the fucking piss?

i think shamans are fine personally

#5 SRoams

SRoams
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2355
  • 5v5: 2149

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

I was thinking about things that can help us aswell and my ideas were the following:

Now this is probably a bit over the top, but giving us Shamanistic rage will honestly make the class ok. It will fix all our problems. This might be a problem though for the future, cause it seems mages are getting more powerful and we are naturally doing very well vs. mages.

The other option I was thinking of is giving Unleash not only a sprint for 4 seconds, but also a freedom. With combat rogues being nerfed, I think that will give us a great sustain since our weakness is being trained while we can't kite shit even in ghost wolf. That would help us a lot since we will be able to get earthgrab totem.

And the third option which I think would be great on its own, cause it will make our level 100 talent useful OR even paired with the second option is...making cloudburst give us a buff that makes our hots undispellable for like 6 seconds.

#6 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2401

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:53 PM

Why can't you just post that last part, without adding that sarcastic comment? Don't bother posting then. Its something to press for while we are stunned, its a shitter version of pain sup on a long cooldown only for us.

I always found it strange that WLS is one of the most popular comps but shamans are looked at as the healer not on par with the others.

How does that comp work? Does it put out so much pressure that teams like ret/dk and tsg can't zerg them down before being put on the defensive?

Pretty much, but you can still zerg down the shaman. If the map is big I feel like the WLS has more of a chance to win since shaman can live abusing creating space.

I was thinking about things that can help us aswell and my ideas were the following:

Now this is probably a bit over the top, but giving us Shamanistic rage will honestly make the class ok. It will fix all our problems. This might be a problem though for the future, cause it seems mages are getting more powerful and we are naturally doing very well vs. mages.

The other option I was thinking of is giving Unleash not only a sprint for 4 seconds, but also a freedom. With combat rogues being nerfed, I think that will give us a great sustain since our weakness is being trained while we can't kite shit even in ghost wolf. That would help us a lot since we will be able to get earthgrab totem.

And the third option which I think would be great on its own, cause it will make our level 100 talent useful OR even paired with the second option is...making cloudburst give us a buff that makes our hots undispellable for like 6 seconds.

I really like your input. :) I personally love the new unleash because it makes our kiting somewhat potent when paired with ghost wolf & wind walk totem. I feel like unleash giving us a personal freedom would be awesome, since then we could use earthgrab, or decide giving the whole team freedom. (I love earthgrab).

I feel like cloudburst should also give a small hot when it explodes or something among your lines since this spell is just a filler between healing streams as of now.

#7 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

I play shadowcleave with a pala and shamans feel like gods (druids) plz dont give them 30% shield wall on 1min cd. I guess you get analed by double melees or something?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#8 xDamnationx

xDamnationx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

I play shadowcleave with a pala and shamans feel like gods (druids) plz dont give them 30% shield wall on 1min cd. I guess you get analed by double melees or something?

Yes, business as usual :D.

#9 SRoams

SRoams
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

I wish it was only double melee cleave. You get trained by jungle, ret/hunter, lock/melee, even some wizards. And we just flop. I do agree that shield wall is a little bit over the top

#10 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

iv always said resto shamans should get rage but everyone always calls me retard +1
my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#11 SRoams

SRoams
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

iv always said resto shamans should get rage but everyone always calls me retard +1

I think shamanistic rage is a bit too much. And we dont really need it to survive. Look at monks and druids. They are quite durable, but they have the tools to kite damage. We don't. We just need more mobility. People need to "give up" on chasing us cause we ran away and only be able to swap on us and not mongo train us.

#12 Footler

Footler
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/1/2/././.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

I'd like to see some love for totems in general. More base HP, some sort of proc upon a totem being stomped, or something. It's just depressing seeing so many of our cooldowns being so effortlessly dealt with.

#13 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

imo shamans are fine, they arnt op and retard proof like they were and they dont have a wide range of comps like they did in previous season but they are only gona get better with gear since more and more wizard cleaves will appear

#14 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:26 AM

sham rage on resto shaman, zzx's wet dream

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#15 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2603
  • 5v5: 2083
  • RBG: 1786

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

I totally agree that shamans are fine now, the only thing that should be reworked - 100 level talents.
Cloudburst totem is shit.

#16 SRoams

SRoams
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

Shamans are fine when you are playing a hunter cleave like ret/hunt or jungle. The moment you swap to a lock/shaman or spriest/shaman or boomie/shaman comp, you just get trained to the ground.

#17 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Shamans are fine when you are playing a hunter cleave like ret/hunt or jungle. The moment you swap to a lock/shaman or spriest/shaman or boomie/shaman comp, you just get trained to the ground.

yeah u will get trained by some things but if u played alot at the start of the season u got trained no matter what, its gona get easier every week when more wizards appear, as u see not many shamans at high ratings but there are a few that get really high atm, obvi not as good as rdruid but still completly viable with a decent range of comps, compare it to holy pala the past couple of seasons, i didnt see much complaining about that.

I totally agree that shamans are fine now, the only thing that should be reworked - 100 level talents.
Cloudburst totem is shit.

not many people know how to use cloudburst properly or are actually looking for good times to use cloudburst, people just wasting opportunities to get alot from it knowing that cc will have to come soon. ofc it isnt as good as some talents but shamans dont really need any changes untill you want to be op again

#18 abolishedtehe

abolishedtehe
  • Aboballsack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental
  • 2v2: 1408
  • 3v3: 2917
  • 5v5: 671
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

h h h h

Edited by abolishedtehe, 09 January 2015 - 04:28 PM.

#19 Cuddlecow

Cuddlecow
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

Bros, stop trying to pretend Blizzard wants Shamans to be on tier with anyone else, ever.
They have no fucking idea how to balance an alleged "Jack of all trades" class. No idea. They can't even balance their pure classes why would they be able to balance shamans. Been saying this since TBC sadly, it's just not going to ever really happen. Band-aid Damage buff, band-aid numbers tweak here, and when it actually happens it puts them over the top somehow. The game has changed SO much, but forever the least changed would be shamans of every spec. They get a new ability worth a shit every other expac. They're not thinking about shamans, look at these talents.

Overwatch inc
:):):)
Spoiler

#20 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2447
  • 3v3: 2709
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1653
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:11 AM

if they made NG baseline and i could take astral shift I would be so happy

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resto, shaman, rhee, 3v3, arena, wod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<