Photo

What are the most good and successful 2v2 comps for this patch of WoW?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Snowfall11

Snowfall11
  • Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

I will be playing Warlords of Draenor soon. I don't have time to raid right now unfortunately, because of my work, so for a couple of months I will mostly just be PvPing. My friend and I are going to do some 2v2 in the meantime, while my time is limited. I'll be doing more serious 3v3 and RatedBGs when I have more time, but for now I'm mainly just concerned with 2v2

So I am looking for some info on which 2v2 teams are the most good and successful for this patch of WoW. One of us will probably heal, since healers are usually very strong in 2v2.

If you can, please explain why the classes and comps are strong

#2 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

lol 2s
my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#3 Snowfall11

Snowfall11
  • Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

lol 2s

I know 2v2 is not very serious, I don't love 2v2 either, but I don't have time to do much else right now (my friends mostly play at different time of day than me)

#4 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

Yeah its just ridiculous how many players/Blizzard always states 2's doesn't matter, won't balance for that, bla bla bla, when really lots and lots of people actually enjoy and want to play that part of the game. Big design flaw imo that they are only able to balance 3's. I'm okay with the game being unbalanced for 1v1, but it would be totally awesome if they would balance the PvP around 2v2 AND 3v3. I'm afraid they are just not smart enough to do it.

That said. 2's is really rough in general BECAUSE Blizzard doesn't care for that bracket.

If you want to play on a competitive level, you pretty much have to play healer + dps or have awesome skill. If you want to just have some fun you should rather play double DPS.

The typical healer + dps games on a decent skill level always go into high dampening, really boring playstyle imo. Against decent players you just play it out into dampening. When you feel that dampening is high enough, you go for a kill within a burst window. If your DPS is more about steady damage rather than burst (like Affli Warlock) you will have quite a bit of time out games.

As double DPS vs. double DPS its mostly all about blowing all your CDs early and killing one. As double DPS vs. healer + dps you will usually lose against skilled players, except if you are very skilled and can set up a great burst combo. However, most decent players will just play defensively on healer + dps and just wear you down.

There are some very durable DPS however which can get you into really high dampening with double dps vs. healer + dps. Comps like Feral + Destro Warlock for example can survive really really long because both heal a lot over time and the lock can just peel for the Feral. You have to play defensively though to survive that long and then its almost the same as healer + dps vs. healer + dps. However, this will probably change once dampening affects %-based heals and comps like that will just vanish.

So to finally answer the question, if you want high rating easily go for something like Survival Hunter + Healer, Frost DK + Healer, Feral + Healer, Ret Paladin + Healer. Resto Druid is mostly the best healer in 2's, followed by Disc Priest and Shaman. Paladins and Mistweavers are not that good.

If you want to have a less masochistic experience you might want to go double DPS, preferably with high burst to end games quickly, something like Ret + Feral, Ret + DK, Feral + DK, Feral + Rogue. Casters are not that strong currently in 2s.

If you just want to annoy people you can go for a comp with a Brewmaster Monk or something like double Blood DK.

#5 Gymtanx

Gymtanx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2266
  • 3v3: 2316
  • 5v5: 2118
  • RBG: 1927
  • LocationAfrica

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:40 AM

:deathknight: :deathknight: Double Frost (please go away, brewmaster frost also go away)
:druid: :rogue: Resto Combat
:shaman: :warrior: Resto Fury
:druid: :hunter: Resto Survival
:priest: :hunter: Disc Survival

Edited by Gymtanx, 14 January 2015 - 01:41 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 StraiyEU

StraiyEU
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1624
  • 3v3: 864
  • RBG: 1653