#41 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

A Frostbolt Crit or Ice Lance Crit should break the Freeze, correct? Whichever hits first should break the the Freeze, correct?

It doesn't matter that the Lance hits 1/100th of a second after the Bolt, if the Bolt hit first and crit, then there should be no Freeze for the Lance to take advantage of. The only possible way that a Shatter combo should be "technically" allowed would be if both Frostbolt and Icelance hit at the exact same moment, and honestly it seems a little ridiculous to think there isn't at least a fraction of a second in between when they hit.

All abilities are calculated with the effects when the cast completed. This is why you can shadow bolt as a trinket effect wears off (active when cast finishes, inactive when it lands), and still get the full effect from it. It also stops you from being able to pop a trinket during the travel time, and boost an attack already going through. This is a basic game mechanic, and a shatter combo takes advantage of it, but does not exploit it.

Drinking is something that, by in game definition, can only be done out of combat. Healing puts you into combat. Exploiting the "lag time" between when you can start a 2nd cast and the first one finishes as of 2.2? allows you to drink while in combat. This is not a basic game mechanic.

#42 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

Where in the frost nova description does it say that it always breaks on dmg?

#43 Abeyance

Abeyance
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:13 AM

Where in the frost nova description does it say that it always breaks on dmg?

It doesn't, but from in game experience it almost always breaks on FB crits.

Fierss: You said that the game calculates things based on when they happen, not when they hit. Aren't you not in combat when you hit the drink button, in all technicality? Also, can't you "outrun" a frostbolt and then PWS before it hits you? I can't remember if this is possible and if it is wouldn't it be against the "what was on when something was cast?"

#44 Firstshifter

Firstshifter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:25 AM

idk if this has to do with anything, but i wrathed a friend when he was on a drake, they never hit him but he took dmg? idk i have downsyndrome and have no idea whats going on

#45 Cahzriel

Cahzriel
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:27 AM

Do whatever it takes to win, if I see their healer heal drinking (which basically they all do) of course I am as well so I am not at a preventable disadvantage.

#46 Abeyance

Abeyance
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

Do whatever it takes to win, if I see their healer heal drinking (which basically they all do) of course I am as well so I am not at a preventable disadvantage.

This could constitute the "leave Arena 1 more spell" bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<