Photo

The big fat Brewmaster PvP Thread (theorycrafting, gearing and strategy)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Imnewtowow

Imnewtowow

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been waiting for a topic like this for a while!

I'm relatively new to wow (just started in wod) but I'm starting to get the hang of it and recently got above the 1500 rating mark.

I want to say I think Lightx is absolutely right in his stat priority, because when I started, I thought "tanky stats are worthless, I'm already tanky so I'm not gonna get focused anyway, better go damage!" and went full mastery. Don't do the same mistake, but it's not that bad anyways as mastery is still strong (and bonus armor only comes with conquest gear anyways). Sometimes in 2s I just get blow up in a matter of seconds by bursty comps if I do a mistake like not trinketing right away or hitting the wrong key. We are tanks, but only to physical damage, and even so, comps like hunter/rogue can still blow you up if you don't brew at the right time (or if you don't have stacks).

Now I have some questions:

How do you guys deal with hunters? I feel like they can very easily kite me even when they do mistakes, and when they're actually good I really feel like there's no way I could ever catch up. Plus you can't nimble their freezing trap, which makes it even more annoying (I guess frequently provoking the pet could help there, but I don't feel able to do that yet). You're pretty much perma-slowed and they push you off during your roll. Plus it feels like their burst still hits pretty hard even if you brew (more than I'd like it to anyways :P).

Fast running druids can cause me problems too, also thinking about rogues.. I just feel like almost everything can kite me.

How do you not get kited?

My main 3s comp is disc/brew/fury, and we're doing fine, but it feels like everytime there's a comp like rdruid/hunter/rogue or rdruid/lock/warrior we lose 3 out of 4 times.

We generally like to go on a dps while cc'ing the healer, and most teams do the opposite on us (I guess it makes sense against priest).

Any tips?

EDIT: What's the matter of resolve? is it just me or is it not working?

#42 nottler

nottler
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Todeswache
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1351
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Finally a topic about Brewmasters. I, too, have been waiting quite some time and I was eager for others input.

@Imnewtowow:
"Tiger's Lust" (Level 15 Talent) and "Glyph of Freedom Roll" will help with that. If you're unlucky or don't pay attention, you might end up with no Stack of Roll and with Tiger's Lust on cd though. So keep an eye out.

Paralysis will help as well. Though many times it get's broken instantly beacause of dots (mine or those of others).

And in addition (also @Schackt): I recommend "Charging Ox Wave" instead of "Leg Sweep". I found it really easy lining up enemies or leading them into the stun. Even if you have a couple of enemies on you, one quick step aside and the right angle and you catch all of them. The range in terms of width feels like the same as Leg Sweep.

Might not help though if you have 2 players with perma slows on you. But overall it's quite viable.

#43 xDamnationx

xDamnationx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

Sap, aoe stun, can heal behind pillars, 300k absorb cocoon when someone pops offensive cd's, portal, best execute in the game, crackling jade mongo dps, nimble brew.

My cocoon is a 180K absorb and if I don't have a trinket, I can be killed in a kidney with cocoon up. I took ~210K damage from a solo rogue in a kidney shot. I popped cocoon, he ks'd and I still died. Luckily on my resto druid I have a NS regrowth + living seed that heals me for literally 320k. More once I get my weapon. I healed for 171k yesterday before living seed proc.

#44 xDamnationx

xDamnationx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

to the people bashing the op for playing something fotm & dumb: please get a life, im sure you have played op comps/specs etc before in your life as well and if not, please don't bash the op for playing.
On topic: lightning, thanks for the guide, what do you mean by purify glyph though, Im guessing you mean detoxing?

Not Glyph of Detoxing but Glyph of Detox.

Detoxing = 2 charges of dispel
Detox = heal when you dispel

Questions:

Besides DK, what are good classes to play this with in 2s and 3s?

I saw some videos of moonkin/brm monk in 2s, that seems pretty insane. Anyone have other suggestions? I know something like warrior would be terrible but maybe classes with consistent offheals for 2s... Feral? Ret?

And for 3s I have no idea what would work with it besides DK. I hate playing with DKs.

#45 Schackt

Schackt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1433
  • 3v3: 1079
  • RBG: 766

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:43 PM

Ret Pallys work pretty nicely. A decent Demonoly or Affliction Warlock might work as well. What you basically need, is any high damage dealing class with good survivability. Mobility isn't really THAT important (not more important that it is anyways), given the Brewmasters lack of mobility. Boomkin, Ret Pally, DK, Fury Warrior (worked pretty nicely), MAYBE Survival Hunter.

#46 Imnewtowow

Imnewtowow

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

EDIT: What's the matter of resolve? is it just me or is it not working?

Anybody?

#47 mollify

mollify
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 1323
  • RBG: 576

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:37 AM

Anybody?

Resolve is a PvE only mechanic.

#48 akbal

akbal
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

Anyone got a link as to the differences in playstyle between 2h and 1h? All I can gather is 1h gets an additional enchant..

#49 mollify

mollify
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 1323

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

There's no functional difference in "playstyle". Abilities don't change.

#50 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2631
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

BTW you should change the "comps" section in the beginning it is extremely misleading. While there are other things you can run brewmaster is extremely limited comp-wise. The only "real" comps you can run are:

2v2: Brewmaster/frostDK (although a lot weaker since the DK conversion nerf)
3v3: Brewmaster/frostDK/Hpala(or Rdruid) - this is literally by far the best comp for brewmaster. The difference between the top brewmaster comp and the 2nd best is about the same as the difference between playing hunter/ret and hunter/mage

#51 Schackt

Schackt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1433
  • 3v3: 1079
  • RBG: 766

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

It shall be done. They were more guesses than anything - was hoping for someone better versed to chip in on it.

#52 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

BTW you should change the "comps" section in the beginning it is extremely misleading. While there are other things you can run brewmaster is extremely limited comp-wise. The only "real" comps you can run are:

2v2: Brewmaster/frostDK (although a lot weaker since the DK conversion nerf)
3v3: Brewmaster/frostDK/Hpala(or Rdruid) - this is literally by far the best comp for brewmaster. The difference between the top brewmaster comp and the 2nd best is about the same as the difference between playing hunter/ret and hunter/mage

UH DK works just as fine imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<