Photo

So.. haste, multistrike or versality?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: WOD Mage stat prio (128 member(s) have cast votes)

For what gear / enchants should you aim for?

1. Full haste (61 votes [47.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.66%

2. Haste till 10%-15%ishh, then build versality (31 votes [24.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.22%

3. Full multistrike (4 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

4. Mix mutlistrike with haste (13 votes [10.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.16%

5. Full versality (19 votes [14.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Lunatic002

Lunatic002
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1926

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

it has the same effect

New Casting Time = Base Casting Time / (1 + (% Spell Haste / 100))

same goes to the gcd, the base "casting time" of the gcd is 1.5sec

so haste affects both, the cast time of spells AND shortens the gcd -> you spend less time casting and can cast faster again
in the present meta you need to cc as much as possible, esp. as mage, who is THE battlefield controller

if you focus on dmg only, its true that haste aint the best stat for mage, but as long as the meta is as it is now:
you freakin need it as much as possible to throw out that polys

as mages we have an alternating 30sec window between our "big burst" (with orb) and "small burst" (without orb)
for higher dmg in these burst phases multistrike has the most benefit for us, but what if they survive the burst? then that 30sec window follows in which multistrike has way less effect than it had just right before

we need a good balance between haste and multistrike, but at this early point of the game (and low ilvl) we cant afford to lose much haste
in the end, multistrike is "same" as crit in terms of rng: if they line up your target explodes, if not nothing happens
when you look at haste: its always there and always affects you (ofc only if you cast, but you´re a mage, you should be casting!)
haste also indirectly increases the value of multistrike, bc the more you cast, the more it CAN procc

in terms of versatility: it IS a nice stat for constant dmg and dmg reduce, but you need way too much of it to feel a difference
also: as mage you dont need constant dmg, you need that high pressure in your burst phases

#62 Lukach

Lukach
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arcane 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1345
  • 3v3: 384
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1552

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

Then we don't need a 4set bonus? Since, only good thing it does is increase our constant dmg, which is crap even when 'empowered' by the bonus. And also, by dodging the bonus, u can swap mastery for any other more useful stat.
Also, 2set bonus isn't THAT crucial either, since your cone of cold slows for 60% n the effect it leaves for 50%( and lets just ignore the fact that the window for kiting is so low n snares in general do not bother ppl at all) and no1 is going to stay in that for more than 5 secs, and if u hit CoC u will slow the target for that duration.
Im kinda going for more multi than haste, as it also contributes to sustain dmg in a rngish way....where, more multi, more ffbs, more ice lances which can come from both fb n ffb.
Ofc, in the end, matters not that much rly which stat u prefer, when u can't find ppl willing to play with a mage, u can as well run naked n protest the stats altogether :P

#63 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

Haste > all, once you get used to it at high (relatively) levels it feels horrible playing a new undergeared mage with next to none.

#64 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:18 PM

Then we don't need a 4set bonus?

No. What above poster says in tl;dr - Full haste in every possible way.

#65 rustyz0r

rustyz0r

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:26 AM

No. What above poster says in tl;dr - Full haste in every possible way.

Why does the whole first page of top rated mages use 4 set... and each and everyone of them has the haste vers helm as offset?

#66 Lunatic002

Lunatic002
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1926

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

you kinda NEED the 4p, else there is kinda zero dmg
the 4p also enhances the mastery, which is additional dmg while bursting

it would be kinda retarded not to take 4p just for a lil more haste (and without the 4p why even cast frostbolt?)

#67 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

Why does the whole first page of top rated mages use 4 set... and each and everyone of them has the haste vers helm as offset?

S
I actually have to admit this (didn't play/follow that much since patch wich before no mage used 4 cp) yet don't really understand it... I mean our FoF Lance + Icicle dmg is secondary compared to Nova and 50% increase on FB doesn't seem that good compared to faster poly, RoF or spell steal.

#68 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:04 PM

S
I actually have to admit this (didn't play/follow that much since patch wich before no mage used 4 cp) yet don't really understand it... I mean our FoF Lance + Icicle dmg is secondary compared to Nova and 50% increase on FB doesn't seem that good compared to faster poly, RoF or spell steal.

because all you trade for the 4 set is 180 haste on the chest, which is practically nothing compared to 50% more damage on frostbolt vs snared

if the entire mage pvp set was completely lacking in haste, then no-one would be using it and everyone would use haste offpieces, but as all but two of the pieces have haste on them, and the off-tier head is almost perfect (wtb multistrike instead of versatility plzz) then there really is no reason not to use the 4 set

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 21 April 2015 - 09:08 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#69 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:03 PM

What boots to take? Haste ones have mastery on...avoid the mastery and go crit / versa?

#70 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:43 PM

What boots to take? Haste ones have mastery on...avoid the mastery and go crit / versa?

haste mastery ones have main stat haste, so get them

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#71 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:58 PM

because all you trade for the 4 set is 180 haste on the chest, which is practically nothing compared to 50% more damage on frostbolt vs snared

if the entire mage pvp set was completely lacking in haste, then no-one would be using it and everyone would use haste offpieces, but as all but two of the pieces have haste on them, and the off-tier head is almost perfect (wtb multistrike instead of versatility plzz) then there really is no reason not to use the 4 set

Seems a valid answer, thanks. I would still keep the 2 cp + full haste in RBGs tho (casting more polys than FBs).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<