Top comps for DK's in 3's at the moment

deathknight dk arena arenas 3v3 3s comp top tsg frost

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Wayo

Wayo
  • Members

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:17 AM

Title basically. Just want to get an overview on what yall think are top comps for a dk atm, and why. So instead of jumping in any comp that may seem viable in premade group and possibly tanking rating, we'll have a better idea of what to aim for. Thanks

p.s any good dk streams to watch that someone can recommend would be highly appreciated as well

#2 nexic88

nexic88
  • Members

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

To the second question, two streamers I have watched are Mes (insanely good with dark sim) and losiro

#3 Ravelicious

Ravelicious
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/2/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2304
  • 3v3: 1905
  • RBG: 1338

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

bump dis shiet

#4 Rabidhobo

Rabidhobo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

http://fotm.info/us/...ull&filter=null

#5 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Vanguards, TSG, Scleave are the best. but people also play Dk/Rogue/x Dk/Feral/x mainly because those two DPS classes can go with anything and be brutal.

This has been answered in about 40 threads anyway.
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#6 Stratos

Stratos

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

I can confirm that DK/DK/healer does not work very well.

Posted Image

#7 Jinngo

Jinngo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1235
  • 3v3: 2434
  • RBG: 576

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

Isn't it pretty obvious...?

#8 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 1850
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1678
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

Out of curiosity, how is PHD now? (Or X/Hunter/DK if pally isnt the best.)

#9 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

Out of curiosity, how is PHD now? (Or X/Hunter/DK if pally isnt the best.)

From the other PHD thread from shendel:

PHD is bad every time ret is good. Currently ret is good, so PHD is bad.

#10 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

From the other PHD thread from shendel:

Yes, but is this because ret would work better, or just that PHD itself is actually bad. I don't really see what would make rets own PHD. I know ret hunter X is probably better, but is PHD still good.

#11 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

Yes, but is this because ret would work better, or just that PHD itself is actually bad. I don't really see what would make rets own PHD. I know ret hunter X is probably better, but is PHD still good.

Ret's can sac your Hunter's traps and BoP your DK's asphyxiates. They pretty much have an answer for everything that PHD has.

I can confirm that DK/DK/healer does not work very well.

I met a russian double UH DK/Hpal at 2.5 MMR. Not sure how they got there but they did.

Edited by Schvetolga, 02 January 2015 - 10:35 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

its because ret teams counter PHD very very very hard. The higher chance you have of queuing into a ret team, the harder each game is going to be, meaning it will be harder to go up in rating.
PHD must take advantage of early pressure in order to win games. You cannot sit back and wait for the opposing team to throw out their pressure, then counteract it. PHD does not have the kind of burst Ret hunter or jungle cleave has. Early pressure MUST be established in order to maintain tempo throughout the match.
PHD has very little amounts of CC. It takes advantage of a five second stun and a trap, in combination with a lot of damage in order to get trinkets/defensives out of the enemy team. When ret teams come into play, you are pretty much unable to cross CC a ret with the amount of damage coming out of them; allowing them to free (or trinket for it to stop early pressure) bop the first stun, preventing a trap, sac the first trap [that lands] after the second stun sits, trinket the third stun stun, sac the second trap that lands, and forbarance is off by this time allowing the ret to bop the following stun. No pressure can be established all game when a ret plays properly. Cross CC is required, which is very hard to do to a ret right now in the first place.

Additionally, to a lesser extent, PHD is bad everytime ferals are good, mainly because in just about any patch, ferals destroy hunters while DKs cant peel for them. PHD is just not strong against melee cleaves. PHDs cant really go healers because of the Dk mobility issue, and generally melee cleaves go healers. Dks cant peel for their healers, and hunter CC is dispellable meaning it is very hard to peel things like TSG, Rogue/Dk, Ret melee cleaves, Jungle cleave is basically unpeelable to anyone but other classes can at least get them off of you for a short time while Dks cant do anything.

PHD has never hardcountered anything, but its strength has usually against melee+ranged setups, where it preforms the best. Double caster is typically an uphill battle, but has never been impossible. Melee cleaves and healer tunneling cleaves have always "felt" impossible for PHD to beat.

Edited by Ownu, 03 January 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#13 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

its because ret teams counter PHD very very very hard. The higher chance you have of queuing into a ret team, the harder each game is going to be, meaning it will be harder to go up in rating.
PHD must take advantage of early pressure in order to win games. You cannot sit back and wait for the opposing team to throw out their pressure, then counteract it. PHD does not have the kind of burst Ret hunter or jungle cleave has. Early pressure MUST be established in order to maintain tempo throughout the match.
PHD has very little amounts of CC. It takes advantage of a five second stun and a trap, in combination with a lot of damage in order to get trinkets/defensives out of the enemy team. When ret teams come into play, you are pretty much unable to cross CC a ret with the amount of damage coming out of them; allowing them to free (or trinket for it to stop early pressure) bop the first stun, preventing a trap, sac the first trap [that lands] after the second stun sits, trinket the third stun stun, sac the second trap that lands, and forbarance is off by this time allowing the ret to bop the following stun. No pressure can be established all game when a ret plays properly. Cross CC is required, which is very hard to do to a ret right now in the first place.

Additionally, to a lesser extent, PHD is bad everytime ferals are good, mainly because in just about any patch, ferals destroy hunters while DKs cant peel for them. PHD is just not strong against melee cleaves. PHDs cant really go healers because of the Dk mobility issue, and generally melee cleaves go healers. Dks cant peel for their healers, and hunter CC is dispellable meaning it is very hard to peel things like TSG, Rogue/Dk, Ret melee cleaves, Jungle cleave is basically unpeelable to anyone but other classes can at least get them off of you for a short time while Dks cant do anything.

PHD has never hardcountered anything, but its strength has usually against melee+ranged setups, where it preforms the best. Double caster is typically an uphill battle, but has never been impossible. Melee cleaves and healer tunneling cleaves have always "felt" impossible for PHD to beat.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm playing with a few friends, and trying to find what would be the best comp as it would be hunter/healer/me, and I have war, DK, and Rogue. Rogue I'd imagine is the best though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deathknight, dk, arena, arenas, 3v3, 3s, comp, top, tsg, frost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<