• Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

Just Cmashed while taunt was on CD and died in a 12 second kidney through enraged regen in 2s

idk who more to be mad at

the 12 second kidney or the fact half my abilities change my stance

Edited by Speedymart, 26 December 2014 - 02:00 AM.

Posted Image

#42 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

Just Cmashed while taunt was on CD and died in a 12 second kidney through enraged regen in 2s

idk who more to be mad at

the 12 second kidney or the fact half my abilities change my stance

The fact that all your abilities hit for nothing is more of a valid reason to be mad imo

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#43 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:32 AM

Retitle this thread "Good players who post sensationalist bullshit".

Seriously Jack, I think bos should go too, but your thread title and posts are just as wow forums as the posts that followed.

It comes off like e-rage, as if you just lost a match to a combat comp and went to forums to complain.

You provide good content and I love your sub guide, but your better than this. Threads like this get us nowhere and should just be closed.

I actually very rarely lose to combat rogues all this hate comes from watching streams of other really good players who completely outplay rogue teams but still lose because it's a combat rogue and the opposite way around too (watching combat rogues do fuck all and win games cuz combat) I know this post seems childish and what not but it genuinly makes me facepalm and I need to vent my rage.

But thanks for the guide comment.

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#44 Stealthsultn

Stealthsultn
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/0/0/.
  • LocationColorado, US

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:02 AM

I actually very rarely lose to combat rogues all this hate comes from watching streams of other really good players completely outplay rogue teams but still lose because it's a combat rogue and the opposite way around too (watching combat rogues do fuck all and win games cuz combat) I know this post seems childish and what not but it genuinly makes me facepalm and I need to vent my rage.

But thanks for the guide comment.

I feel you. No reason rogues should be playing like DKs.

Combat needs to be rebuilt from the ground up with removal of RS kidney and addition of some old-school shit like reposte/blade twisting and expose armor (the finisher version).

Devs need to look at TBC combat to understand how to make it fun in current meta: because this expack is pretty much a TBC throwback.

#45 Tnaya

Tnaya
  • Members

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:56 AM

still not sure why you are allowed to post

I thought someone was quoting you for a moment

#46 Lord Xar

Lord Xar
  • Members

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Just seems a bit silly from a melee PoV that Rogues can reset any time they feel like it, since they are unslowable basicly any time. The fact that it removes slow it just so super dumb. Wish they would remove that component of it. Also I do believe Combat is fine if they reduce stun on kidney shot.

In the current META, BOS is absolutely needed, without it, we'd be kited into oblivion - NEVER stay on target and pretty much compound our already miserable damage with NO UPTIME.. IF I did not have it, I'd pretty much be a sitting duck to ferals, warriors, mages, hunters etc.... If you want to talk about mongoloid damage, no mention of DK or Warrior tunneling? Don't hate on combat, hate the fact that Sub and Assasination are NOT VIABLE. Sure, peekaboo (spelling?) can do it, but he is the exception rather than the rule.

No BOS = NO viability. Simple.

When you make posts like this, you come off as a miserable cad. I'm sorry, the ONLY reason I am able to do damage is because I can stick to a target and I am still outdamaged by every single class by a wideee margin. I'd prefer sub, but it's damage is abysmal and has to be so refined and setup to be just a tad effectual.

I understand you want to bring back skill, but for those of us not on your level - and prefer rogues, we don't want to have to reroll to achieve parity with your sadistic nature. :-)

#47 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

In the current META, BOS is absolutely needed, without it, we'd be kited into oblivion - NEVER stay on target and pretty much compound our already miserable damage with NO UPTIME.. IF I did not have it, I'd pretty much be a sitting duck to ferals, warriors, mages, hunters etc.... If you want to talk about mongoloid damage, no mention of DK or Warrior tunneling? Don't hate on combat, hate the fact that Sub and Assasination are NOT VIABLE. Sure, peekaboo (spelling?) can do it, but he is the exception rather than the rule.

When you make posts like this, you come off as a miserable cad. I'm sorry, the ONLY reason I am able to do damage is because I can stick to a target and I am still outdamaged by every single class by a wideee margin. I'd prefer sub, but it's damage is abysmal and has to be so refined and setup to be just a tad effectual.

I understand you want to bring back skill, but for those of us not on your level - and prefer rogues, we don't want to have to reroll to achieve parity with your sadistic nature. :-)

then how come the actually good rogues all play with step?

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#48 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

In the current game, BoS is far too much with its current design. Like, just think about it for a second. The ability is insane. It needs some kind of limitations put on it(such as a CD/charge system/mechanic change) or the movement speed lowered a lot. Something needs to change with it in my honest opinion.
Posted Image

#49 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

then how come the actually good rogues all play with step?

I agree I feel far too many people are overestimating bos and underestimating step.

#50 Torapants

Torapants
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 1466
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1839
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

still not sure why you are allowed to post

You know you've fucked up when even Jaime says this to you.

nah man we are gladiator verified

[/background][/font][/color]

you qualify as "helmet-verified" because judging by your posts your mom prob doesnt let you leave the house without wearing one

Brilliant. I haven't laughed this much in a while :D

I agree I feel far too many people are overestimating bos and underestimating step.

+1 Highly agree. Step is so useful, it just sucks that Blizzard don't seem to want to change the talent tier into one based around Step :(
:rogue: forever and always.

Posted by Soltan:
when playing mutilate its pretty important to bind V ..... for vendetta :cool:

#51 Shaigan

Shaigan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/2/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1910
  • 3v3: 952
  • RBG: 1570

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

If all good rogues playing with step, why BOS is a problem?

#52 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

tfw rogues are so retarded everyone is agreeing with james

#53 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

If all good rogues playing with step, why BOS is a problem?

because mediocre rogues who were sub 2.4 as a rogue last patch (lol) are overperforming now cause of broken mechanics like bos and combat

#54 Shaigan

Shaigan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

Do you think blizzard should remove only BOS, and Combat long kidney, or more? What with Assa set bonus, and recuperate?

#55 Shaigan

Shaigan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

Funny part o

because mediocre rogues who were sub 2.4 as a rogue last patch (lol) are overperforming now cause of broken mechanics like bos and combat

So good rogues not using BOS because it is Faux Pas? If even medicore are successful with this ability, its sholud be more common on high rating.

#56 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Funny part o
So good rogues not using BOS because it is Faux Pas? If even medicore are successful with this ability, its sholud be more common on high rating.

or perhaps people whoa re actually good at the game prefer to play something with a tiny degree of skill rather than burst of autism

#57 Phat

Phat
  • Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Disclaimer: I'm not a pvp hero.

BoS is one of the reasons I play a rogue in WoD. I'd be a sad panda if I couldn't run around quickly in stealth while questing. I also enjoy being able to get around BG maps in stealth without taking all day to do so. For me, its a huge quality of life ability.

Now this is an honest question. If BoS were totally removed, how would you be able to do damage to a hunter or druid? I think shadow step sounds cool for swaps, but I imagine any hunter/druid that doesn't die in a shadow step/stun will proceed to just lol around the arena while spamming slowing abilities. Even with BoS, it feels like I hardly have energy to spare for doing damage once I'm actually able to connect with a hunter.

If BoS in its current form is the devil, why are perma slowing classes considered OK?

#58 Shaigan

Shaigan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

or perhaps people whoa re actually good at the game prefer to play something with a tiny degree of skill rather than burst of autism

People will always take optimal ability, its like casting frostbolts because Icelance spam is dumb (in the past). I understand that some people will be never playing combat (me \o/), because this spec is just too different, but is not working when we are talking abount one talent. When BOS cost was 15energy no one fucking rogue in the world was playing with step.

#59 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

Disclaimer: I'm not a pvp hero.

BoS is one of the reasons I play a rogue in WoD. I'd be a sad panda if I couldn't run around quickly in stealth while questing. I also enjoy being able to get around BG maps in stealth without taking all day to do so. For me, its a huge quality of life ability.

Now this is an honest question. If BoS were totally removed, how would you be able to do damage to a hunter or druid? I think shadow step sounds cool for swaps, but I imagine any hunter/druid that doesn't die in a shadow step/stun will proceed to just lol around the arena while spamming slowing abilities. Even with BoS, it feels like I hardly have energy to spare for doing damage once I'm actually able to connect with a hunter.

If BoS in its current form is the devil, why are perma slowing classes considered OK?

By doing the same thing every rogue who doesn't play with bos does xd, just about management

#60 happycutie

happycutie
  • Members

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

BOS is "needed" for pve and only for that, except runing from A to B it should be useless. Basically it makes us ferals w/o rootbreaker ...jk 2x vanish and clos - how bos rogues are doing it now.
Leave energy cost unchanged w/o snare removal or make it cost like 50, rove snare but no longer grant bonus speed. Dunno why we cant have sth similiar to other classes - diff talents for diff specs.

8 sec kidney...shouldnt affect players - make it diff in pvp/pve. Shadow reflection after all is talent, also killable but when it gonna be 6sec kidney and then 2 seconds before reflection ks it gonna be ok - either rogue will waste banish for garrote or victim gonna have chance for using defensive etc.

Last thing some ppl might not see - why we're still allowed to use mongo ability called killing spree and no1 is able to peel rogue... When they changed how blade flurry works with ks immunity should be removed (stacking was counterplay).

And last part - preparation...should be removed just like any similiar ability.. Also 2 stacks on any ability is wrong design (ice nova, detterence not to mention paladin's hands...)

Some ppl forget what rogue is all about..we're not solo in arena and we're not warriors/dks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dribble, justin bieber, retard friendly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<