What should I do.

Windwalker monk pvp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gia00

Gia00
  • Members

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

So I been playing monks since the beginning of season 14. I love the concept behind the monk, although I feel a couple of things could be better represented, whatever. Had a lot of fun doing pvp with it, I usually go for classes that are challenging to learn/master because they usually lead to a higher and more rewarding experience. Never got higher than 1500 because I was simply fooling around.

WoD came out. Nerfs were applied. Not really bothered by them until I got my full PvP gear and Im struggling to perform well. I go take a look at the forums, 95% of the people around them are running around in circles blaming blizzard because WW sucks and whatnot.

I felt a bit relieved by that, but then I thought... I can't really feel relieved, even with all these people whining there's you guys, just chilling above the 2000 mark.

So what should I do? It feels as if aaaaaaaall the effort I've done to be a good wind walker (I don't play any of the other specs, I love wind walker with my life) has been useless and Im just tryharding more than ever. I even struggle when dragonslaying and stuff. I feel like I need something out there to blame, but in the end the only thing I could possibly point at, is me.

So what do you guys say? Has it been at least a little more difficult lately for wind walkers? Maybe I just suck so much is not a thing meant for me? Is this real life, or is it just fantasy?

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2056
  • 3v3: 2655
  • RBG: 1881

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

brewmaster+ melee=easy 2,4

#3 DjBenx

DjBenx
  • Jeffjones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1871
  • 3v3: 2465
  • RBG: 2213

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

leveled mine to 100 2 days ago and geared it.

I'm pulling a solid 23.5k dps at 639 ilevel on the butcher hc. So PvE wise they're fine.

Tried capping arena abit and wow, you get eaten alive, the survivability is just not there. WWs were a bit of a niche in mop as they have/had no passive damage mitigation so the way you stayed alive was by self healing. Now that sphere is gone and chi wave seems to heal alot less, you definitely feel squishy. I tried killing a fdk/disc in 2s with a friend and it was just a downhill battle. When I could connect to the dk I would just get taken down to 50% in 2 seconds while he parried my tiger palm and rsk. I'm sure blizzard won't fix it, so better off rolling brewmaster, similar to ww in everything if I'm honest. Keg Smash replaces rsk in your rotation, just you're not squishy.

PVE wise they're still amazing single target. WW Damage is really good too, just you get eaten alive.
Review signature guidelines

#4 augiddin

augiddin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2352
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 1915

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:59 AM

WW is still playable and still the class I enjoy the most by far I've been playing it since day one mop and it's actually in better shape this season than it was in s12 when karma cost 2 chi we had no nimble brew and healing orbs were 50 energy a pop not to mention our TEB capped at 10, chi brew didn't give stacks and we had no mastery procs stacking it faster, I strongly believe that WW will get some kind of buff to our pvp viability but even if they didn't I would continue playing because it's simply more enjoyable to me.

As for tips the best thing to do especially when you're learning the fundemantals of arena is to just spam queue as much as you can, any comp you can get. The best wat to learn is honestly to queue 2s with a healer, queuing with a dps if you make a mistake it's pretty much over before you can process your mistakes, playing with a healer you may not score a kill but every mistake won't be auto lose so you actually have a chance to correct that mistake the next time the situation arises in the same game which leads to quicker learning, our survivability this season is lower than the last couple of seasons but it's still manageable, we still have a ton of mobility but it's actually more crucial to use it right because we don't have the healing to fall back on so much. Learning how to kite every class is probably the most crucial part of ww survivability using certain escapes and baiting gap closers will win and lose you games. Our damage at the moment is still fine although we still do and will always lack the frontload pressure of CD reliant classes. Some quick damage tips are to use serenity early as soon as you know you aren't going to get peeled or forced defensive too fast as a way to generate fast stacks, a full serenity combo into popped stacks fof (which you should now always be using before leg sweep unless you're peeling) can do a lot of damage and almost always force a cooldown. Fist of fury being our best burst I've found it actually better to do your serenity damage ouside of a stun because you BoK spam will drop any absorbs and drop hp through hots so being able to do that into a full channel FoF is extremely deadly and also something most people aren't aware of as a threat atm seeing as very few ww are even queuing at the moment. If you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a pm.

Edited by augiddin, 24 December 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#5 Gia00

Gia00
  • Members

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

leveled mine to 100 2 days ago and geared it.

I'm pulling a solid 23.5k dps at 639 ilevel on the butcher hc. So PvE wise they're fine.

Well yeah our damage is fine but it feels like you have to be so careful not to screw up in your rotation while there's a lot of faceroll done by other classes. At least doing my job as a good DPS when playing WW makes me feel somewhat proud.

WW is still playable and still the class I enjoy the most by far

I started doing just what you've recommended me like 2 weeks ago. Im playing with a disc priest (he's got a lot of patience and skill thankfully) and I've done some improvement. There's still a long way to go and Im planning on playing spriest rshaman ww monk soon, once I feel Im ready for it. Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windwalker, monk, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<