• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

I see everybody going for incanter's flow (included me) , but to be honest i don't see why.It's extremely hard to setup your burst dmg with incanter's flow, and you usually depend never keep track of it.
While on the other hand images provide a signifigant amout of dmg + better kiting and perma slow on opponent.
Need some sick theorycrafter to prove why incanter's is better or worse.

#2 Frosteye

Frosteye
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

Mirror images might be better in a duel, can't imagine them being super useful in arena except maybe in 2s vs a double dps team.

#3 Wrlx

Wrlx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Shadowsong
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

well, mirror images are def better for single targetPosted Image

problem could be fact that MI can be easly countered by kiting/losing so 'some' setup is also requied

edit: source http://altered-time....c.php?f=5&t=749

Edited by Wrlx, 24 December 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#4 Gelu

Gelu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2460
  • 3v3: 2935
  • RBG: 1814

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

Well yea, in pve it does more damage as its a 2min CD which lasts 40 seconds. However the burst from Incanters flow is probably better in most situations in 3s as you kill with cc not turret gunning some guy sitting in the open while his healer is cced for the entire duration.

#5 Nesha

Nesha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1848
  • 3v3: 2664
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

I'm at a bit of a loss in this discussion, as I would generally avoid using mirror images due to the simple fact that we can't control them (breaking gamechanging cc's like blind, fear, etc.)

Playing RMP it seems hard to set up burst and swaps from your 5x stack of incanter's flow, and pressing mirror image seems arguably easier to get some nice damage out. Do you feel like the risk of breaking cc with mirrors outweigh the potential damage output it can provide?

#6 anneeh

anneeh
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

I've been messing around with it, and I have to tell you, it's extremely annoying when they start hitting pets & stuff. I've had them break a deep too, fucking up my sheep.

Incanter's is hard to track/time, agreed. But images.. you can't control them, and that's my issue with it.

#7 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

I've been playing mirror images for every game. Even if your mirror images only get off one cast that is around the extra 15% you would get from five stack incanters on one ice nova. Images is also easier to keep track of and more reliable. They have broken cc every now and then, but I think they function by attacking whatever target you are doing damage too and the stop casting if the target they are on gets poly'd. They also cause a bit of chaos and have utility with the slow being spammed.

If you play rmd and have images attacking a target that is 8 second kidney'd then they are going to do more damage than incanters will. Comps like godcomp it is a little more situational because you don't really have anyway to lock down a target.

I don't think I will switch from mirror images. I don't like the new mechanic for incanters.

#8 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

I see everybody going for incanter's flow (included me) , but to be honest i don't see why.It's extremely hard to setup your burst dmg with incanter's flow, and you usually depend never keep track of it.
While on the other hand images provide a signifigant amout of dmg + better kiting and perma slow on opponent.
Need some sick theorycrafter to prove why incanter's is better or worse.

outrageous idea i know, but could you not just queue 20 games with incanters and then queue 20 games with mirror images, and form your own opinion from that about what you prefer? :D

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#9 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:47 AM

mirror images have insane uptime (2min cd+40sec duration, go figure) and they do crazy dmg on top of having its defensive utility

not sure why so many mages go for flow atm, image is stupidly good
Posted Image

#10 Migutu

Migutu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • 2v2: 1647
  • 3v3: 1696
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 958

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

MI honestly, they're too good right now to pass up. The extra burst and the slow from them is way better than 2 ice novas with max stack incanters. It's constant pressure mixed with burst, much better combination than just an outright burst then sitting on your ass praying your target dies before a defensive turtle match begins.

Incanter's just doesn't have that "UMPH" that MI has, not to mention it drops target for half a second which is another plus, though not a major one, but with so few mages running images right now it does throw some people off-guard for half a global.

That's just all my personal opinion though, to each their own. I'm still trying to figure out the best meta as mage this xpac.

#11 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

Well, for 1v1 situations, MI is the clear winner (i.e. base deffing RBG) and it provides the highest dps.

#12 Keelinm1

Keelinm1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 1702
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

Dks feed off the flesh of your mirrors when your kiting
sometimes i sit up & wonder what could have happened if i never got a job or life, but instead dedicated all my days to my 8/10 normal brf guild http://puu.sh/hd87p.jpg

#13 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

Yet they are your sole hope to bring a feral under 50%. Also DKs will rip through you anyway. :)

#14 Np-

Np-
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/./././././.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

Mirrors can also be killed insanely easily..

#15 firebunny

firebunny
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1754
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:58 AM

If you burst at 4/5 incanter's flow you are getting a hell of a lot more burst out of the talent and every once a minute with instead of every 2 mins.

You could even write a macro to play a sound everytime it hits 4 stacks.
It's not that hard to keep track of it. It doesn't change it's behavior. It doesn't act in response to anything.
It goes up. It goes down
Posted Image

#16 Nesha

Nesha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 1848
  • 3v3: 2664

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

I don't feel like trackng incanter's is the main problem, but the fact that it is much less "on demand" when you actually need it.

Scenario: You have all cooldowns ready, enemy healer gets feared into awkward position. Would you prolong your burst for ~3 seconds to get a slightly bigger hit, or would you rather just pop your mirrors which only have to hit the target approx. 1 time to make up for that exact dps loss?

#17 Lityaup

Lityaup
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 1515
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:35 AM

I'm really liking Mirrors especially with all the melee queing and I feel like they can put out good pressure while I stack my icicles get my on proc trinket/ or even a sheep and then burst kill target along with the extra Mirror damage really makes a good combo in my opinion.

#18 Migutu

Migutu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • 2v2: 1647
  • 3v3: 1696
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 958

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

I'm really liking Mirrors especially with all the melee queing and I feel like they can put out good pressure while I stack my icicles get my on proc trinket/ or even a sheep and then burst kill target along with the extra Mirror damage really makes a good combo in my opinion.

Yeah mirrors are absolutely incredible currently. Incanter's is nowhere near as useful IMHO, especially since it's already a pain in the ass to get a cast off this season, another instant-cast burst is much better than a cycling damage buff.

#19 DataX

DataX

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

Is there a good macro for MI ?

#20 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:32 AM

This is old, i think everyone is using encanters now since MI had their HP nerfed to like 30k + the old problems as above.

And no there isn't a good macro for them, they attack your target but can get a bit confused when stuff gets polied / targets switch etc, i occasionally use them in 2s on my mage vs double dps without any aoe that will kill them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<