Photo

Anyone feel bored with the season already?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 Mindllapse

Mindllapse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2342
  • 3v3: 2111
  • RBG: 1825

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

I feel very bored with this season already and am not very motivated by fun to do anymore 3s

feels like the comps are very stale due to balancing issues which makes games really repetitive

I'm playing HLD as survival hunter and it goes like this every game:

ret/x/x - force 2 sacs, then get free points because ret teams can never kill our comp unless we make big mistakes during phases of ret wings (but killing them takes three times as much effort compared to any other comp due to endless sacs)

combat rogue/x/x - outplay them here and there and be ahead on cooldowns, and then eventually our healer still dies through multiple defensives and peels and we lose unless they really really screw up

warlock/x/x - interrupt the right 2-3 game changing fears at the right time and win, otherwise lose

and that's all. It really seems like that's all the good comps there are because those 3 classes are so over the top this season and the pace of any comp they play will completely revolve around the mechanics of their spec. Godcomp is really hard to beat too but I rarely see them compared to ret/x/x combat rogue/x/x warlock/x/x.

My own class doesn't feel all that rewarding when winning either because there isn't much counterplay to 12sec instant traps, but my comp doesn't revolve around me - it revolves around my warlock surviving and putting out pressure.

That's what makes this season feel really boring to me, every comp entirely revolves around either ret, warlock, or combat rogue because of how strong they are so that every game is basically vs the same 3 comps.

Edited by Mindllapse, 21 December 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#2 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

I cant even find partners. Seems like no one plays.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#3 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2631
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:41 AM

you have it lucky since you're a hunter. Everyone wants you. I have literally ONE viable comp available to me (BM/DK/hpala) and I don't know any holy paladins so we have to make do with a priest (which makes the comp MUCH weaker)

and every game is pretty much this

ret/hunter/x - lose because they have infinite CDs and we can't stay offensive for long enough to kill anything because our priests get CCd much more than a hpala would and we have to be defensive

feral/hunter/x - I die in like 10 seconds because people are realizing that brewmaster defensives are really shit

lock/shaman/x - tunnel the blue and win

meleecleave - i sit on the the DPS and cleave them, dk sits on the healer and we eventually kill something

RMP - just fuck around and win eventually because they don't have the sustained damage to outDPS guard

godcomp - grip stun the druid until it dies eventually

I tried to play my ret which i levellied and geared to fotm. I played a 2 hour queue session and it was just so boring i had to call it because i wasn't having any fun. Decided to bench my ret this season because it isn't as fun as it was in cata

considering levelling a 3rd class. possibly a dk or a warrior. leaning more towards the warrior because i really like that both arms and fury seem to be viable. Rend cleave + WLS looks really fun to play

#4 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

yeah arena's not very fun for me right now either but that could be because i've played over 200 games and it's only like the 3rd week now? probably just feeling a little burnt out

also keep in mind we're not even geared yet, if arena's boring to you right now you can just get cap every week and do other things until we're a little further along in the season. i'm having fun doing stuff outside of arena in wow atm

but i think comps are becoming more varied as time goes on, i'm not playing against ret hunter disc EVERY game like i was in the first week of queueing
s a d b o y s

#5 Hateformz

Hateformz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/1/2/.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:49 AM

story of my life
Posted Image

#6 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

you have it lucky since you're a hunter. Everyone wants you. I have literally ONE viable comp available to me (BM/DK/hpala) and I don't know any holy paladins so we have to make do with a priest (which makes the comp MUCH weaker)

ret/hunter/x - lose because they have infinite CDs and we can't stay offensive for long enough to kill anything because our priests get CCd much more than a hpala would and we have to be defensive

feral/hunter/x - I die in like 10 seconds because people are realizing that brewmaster defensives are really shit

meleecleave - i sit on the the DPS and cleave them, dk sits on the healer and we eventually kill something

RMP - just fuck around and win eventually because they don't have the sustained damage to outDPS guard

I tried to play my ret which i levellied and geared to fotm. I played a 2 hour queue session and it was just so boring i had to call it because i wasn't having any fun. Decided to bench my ret this season because it isn't as fun as it was in cata

considering levelling a 3rd class. possibly a dk or a warrior. leaning more towards the warrior because i really like that both arms and fury seem to be viable. Rend cleave + WLS looks really fun to play

I hear you, I don't know everyone thinks im a ddoser or something or maybe just thinks Im shit so I only que with 3 people. Mostly enhances and paladins. Sucks.

I don't know how others like monks make it happen since yeah hunter has a lot of partners, maybe Im just bad at reaching out to people. Then again hunters are a dime a dozen as well.

Edited by Glink, 21 December 2014 - 05:58 AM.

Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#7 Mindllapse

Mindllapse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2342
  • 3v3: 2111
  • RBG: 1825

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

warrior used to be my main on every expansion besides wod but I shelved him for now because everytime I play him there are so many issues (survivability, dps uptime, low utility, clunky burst rotation) that would be solved if I played hunter or dk or ret or feral instead since they do everything a warrior does, and more as well as better. The only semi unique mechanic that warrior has is charge (even though ferals have it too) and mass reflect

#8 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:58 AM

Any1 wanna q with dillbadar he's a fucking god

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#9 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

WoD will save WoW
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#10 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:03 AM

I hear you, I don't know everyone thinks im a ddoser or something or maybe just thinks Im shit so I only que with 3 people. Mostly enhances and paladins. Sucks.

I don't know how others like monks make it happen since yeah hunter has a lot of partners, maybe Im just bad at reaching out to people. Then again hunters are a dime a dozen as well.

i know what you mean. 90% of EU hates me and/or thinks im just some massive idiot. And in part i can't blame them i've done my fair share of bullshit over the years. I have one team of dk/bm/disc and a couple other players who will tolerate my existence. But other than that it's really hard to find partners especially as a monk. I literally get turned down from 1800 RBG capping groups "sorry we don't want a monk dps)

I've tried the past week to find an equal CR hpala to push some real 3s with, disc just won't quite cut it with our comp. But i don't know how to get in contact with top holy paladins and neither do i think they would want to bother playing with me.

So if there are any holy paladins out there.. pls play with me :(

#11 Huxleylol

Huxleylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1663

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:03 AM

i'm having fun just q'ing with whoever wants to play regardless of comp

#12 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:05 AM

warrior used to be my main on every expansion besides wod but I shelved him for now because everytime I play him there are so many issues (survivability, dps uptime, low utility, clunky burst rotation) that would be solved if I played hunter or dk or ret or feral instead since they do everything a warrior does, and more as well as better. The only semi unique mechanic that warrior has is charge (even though ferals have it too) and mass reflect

idk man. i'm levelling as fury atm and it's actually the most fun i've ever had levelling wise. it's the first time in my life i've actually enjoyed levelling something. The rotation is just so fun! :D

can't wait to deck this thing out at 100

#13 akatyrone

akatyrone
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2505
  • 3v3: 2760
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2043

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:13 AM

combat rogue/x/x - outplay them here and there and be ahead on cooldowns, and then eventually our healer still dies through multiple defensives and peels and we lose unless they really really screw up

i think this alone makes me play wow probly 3 hours a week instead of 80

#14 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:18 AM

Godcomp's fun. I want to try RMD and RPD, and I'm having fun on my DK. Outside of that, not very fun either. Warlock is mind numbingly boring.

Game needs to recieve hefty nerfs in certain directions and truly allow all specs on the same playfield, then we can entertain ourselves with proper meta, etc.

Main problem right now is that it feels that meta didn't finish developing and nobody figured out the truly best comps, etc.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#15 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

those 3 classes are so over the top this season

hunters are so bad this season
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#16 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

Combat rogues are killing the game for me.

I usually just fuck around in 2s with my friends when not playing 3s, but every single game is either combat/healer or survival/healer... zero fun.

#17 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:51 AM

Combat rogues are killing the game for me.

I usually just fuck around in 2s with my friends when not playing 3s, but every single game is either combat/healer or survival/healer... zero fun.

Play with a DK in 2s, you'll see zero problems fighting Rogues.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#18 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

Any1 wanna q with dillbadar he's a fucking god

dillbadar the god of wodpriest

#19 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2107
  • 3v3: 2437
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

Can't play with my partners I normally play with cause our comps won't work.

Losing to 2k teams on alts because, again, it isn't a FOTMcomp so our healer gets ran at by 2 sub 2k melee for 6 minutes until they manage to line up a stun with their cds.

Really fun and balanced but then again I remember S5 (dks lol), S9(first of cata right? Lol BoE PvE trinket 1 shots from feral/rogue) & S12 (POPPIN STAMPEDE MA NIGGY, Heroic Strike Crit you for 500,000 burned down your house and ate your kittens & of course DEEPFREEZE FROSTBOMB FIREBLAST BOOOOOOOOOM..)

Blizzard really will never get it.

#20 Freshlemons7474

Freshlemons7474
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/1/2/0/.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

Cant say its fun for me at all either. For me a lot of it has to do with how much better melee classes are than casters outside of affliction warlock. Id also like destruction to be better and mages to be better, I like playing destro mlx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<