Warrior team comp discussion.

warrior comp 3s

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Varimithrax

Varimithrax

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

Hey guys!

Have done a lot of reading over the forums and there seems to be a few standout comps that people are running would like to have some discussion on comp specifics with some of the higher rated warriors. From reading through some threads it seems the comps so far are,

Top tier

-Warr/Lock/X
-TSG

With people running with some success

-Turbo
-Warr/Boomy
-Kitty
-KFC

Me and my brother are leveling up again, we decided to level as ( Me warrior) and him Paladin ( Holy) Wondering if this is the best option. How does Hpal work with warrior generally? We have a friend who has a DK and is going to level a lock with us. My reasoning is that freedoms from the paladin will assist with warrior mobility, being a big weakness atm. Seems there is a lot of pro's to running with a holy pally. But would a shaman or priest be better suited? What tends to work best with warrior?

Thanks in advance, hopefully can get some discussion going about what people are running. I realize warriors are far from perfect atm but have been having fun on mine and have high hopes for arms changes in the future.

#2 Afantara

Afantara
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1771
  • 3v3: 1698
  • RBG: 1629

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

Right now, it feels like Hpal is a weaker healer for Warrior if there are no purges on the team. Shamans have good synergy with Warriors this season and in general, with locks, which is why WLS works should you get the partners for it. Druid healers for KFC are actually exceptional with Warriors and Monk Turbo is awesome. We swapped out playing with a Pally for Monk and the difference was dramatic since we were able to play more offensively.

As for priests - I think they are the worst healer without a hybrid backing them. Although druid is similar in that right, paired with a hunter - the CC more than makes up for the lack of freedom etc.

All in all, I think Pallies are average healers for Warriors.

Edited by Afantara, 20 December 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#3 Varimithrax

Varimithrax

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

Thanks for the reply mate!

So we've decided to run with a Shaman healer instead then. ( Only at level 5 or so atm) We have a friend who can play MW so that gives us the option to run turbo as well.

Do you play as fury for turbo? How did you find turbo overall?

Appreciate the feedback, looking forward to getting some games in when we hit 100.

#4 Huxleylol

Huxleylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1663

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:36 AM

So we've decided to run with a Shaman healer instead then. ( Only at level 5 or so atm) We have a friend who can play MW so that gives us the option to run turbo as well.

Appreciate the feedback, looking forward to getting some games in when we hit 100.

i would for sure play fury as turbo, much better single target pressure

#5 ktimekiller

ktimekiller
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

I've been running Fury for TSG with a Frost DK.

Does this sound right? Frost is more single target oriented and so is fury, so I felt it was appropriate

#6 Afantara

Afantara
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1771
  • 3v3: 1698
  • RBG: 1629

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

i would for sure play fury as turbo, much better single target pressure

Actually, no. We play as cleave-spread for Turbo which works better with Arms - essentially turning us into an aids comp. There's also a high rated Turbo on EU doing the same thing we do.

I've tried both Fury and Arms for turbo and both work. However, the aids-styled Turbo (your ENH should be cleave spec as well) puts out far more overall pressure and gives better viability for swaps than Fury / ST Enhance-style.

Edited by Afantara, 20 December 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#7 Varimithrax

Varimithrax

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:28 AM

Good point. Will have to give it a run once we get to 100.

I've been running Fury for TSG with a Frost DK.

Does this sound right? Frost is more single target oriented and so is fury, so I felt it was appropriate

Makes sense to me, perhaps if you were running with Unholy the extra cleave damage from arms could outweigh the single target pressure from fury.

With the abundance of melee cleaves queuing now is it a common problem for the Resto Shaman to get trained into the ground? I guess that comes down to good peels at the right time and counter pressure..

#8 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

It can apply on both really. If your fury you will benefit from more single target pressure. But as arms you will be automaticly cleaving the melee that try to peel you. Building pressure for the healer thats already struggling to stay alive.
Posted Image

#9 Varimithrax

Varimithrax

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

True, whirlwind just hit's like a wet noodle though it seems.

Reck bladestorm with rends up hits like a normal noodle on the other hand.

The 2's games we have been playing ( resto/warrior) seems to be an uphill battle if we vs players that have somewhat of an idea on what to do. Currently only at about 18-1900.

Anyone played much resto/warr 2's? 2's is unbalanced though.

#10 Messman

Messman
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 1639
  • 5v5: 1625
  • RBG: 1720

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

Grab a Lock and play WLS. You will start having a lot more fun.

#11 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

I play arms turbo and I haven't lost to fury turbo as of yet. Rdruid or monk would be the best healer for turbo as you can play more aggresively as long as you have some peels for your healer when needed.

As arms, I always come out top damage and lot of times doubling the fury warrior's dmg. Yes, it's rend on 3 targets and sweeping strikes/whirlwind/bladestorm but still it's hella more pressure on enemy healer and we usually kill enemy enh sham from the built up pressure.

So it all depends on the comp but vs mirror, arms turbo would come out superior. We've only gone up to like 2350 mmr in US so I don't know... I might be wrong but from my exp, arms turbo felt better. Don't forget to refresh rend on multiple tagets when it's below 5 sec and sweeping strikes on cd. Battle stance when you are not targetted and they don't have stun cd up. Defensive stance if you are focused or they have offensive cd + stun cd for hard swap.

I realy wanna try WLS or TreeSG or Kitty with rhsam/disc but I haven't got a much chance to. I think Fury KFC w/ druid or sham works at high rating as well.

Everyone moved to ally and it's super hard to find ppl to play with on the horde side except few guild members. :(

#12 Blameshift

Blameshift
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2722
  • RBG: 1772

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

KFC and TSG are pretty Decent, i had a lot of fun just PvEing as WLS/WLP tho

#13 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

I don't think TSG is as good as it was, very que dependant, Warrior comp that seems to be the best is hands down WLS
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#14 Aran32

Aran32
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 1248

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

I don't think TSG is as good as it was, very que dependant, Warrior comp that seems to be the best is hands down WLS

TSG works fine with MW monk. Both Arms and Fury seem to work.
Posted Image

#15 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

TSG works fine with MW monk. Both Arms and Fury seem to work.

Only played Holy Paladin TSG, wouldn't know.
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#16 Messman

Messman
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 1639
  • 5v5: 1625
  • RBG: 1720

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

Anybody try out Fury/Frost/Druid?

#17 leek

leek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire
  • 2v2: 1030
  • 3v3: 3123
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

Anybody try out Fury/Frost/Druid?

It's strong, I recommend trying it out!

#18 Azyos

Azyos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1835
  • 3v3: 2403
  • 5v5: 2165
  • RBG: 2023
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

Been playing double healer (priest/druid) + arms with decent success. Pretty damn aids & faceroll but I guess if you can't beat 'em...

#19 Rlx

Rlx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2031
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1495

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

Right now, it feels like Hpal is a weaker healer for Warrior if there are no purges on the team. Shamans have good synergy with Warriors this season and in general, with locks, which is why WLS works should you get the partners for it. Druid healers for KFC are actually exceptional with Warriors and Monk Turbo is awesome. We swapped out playing with a Pally for Monk and the difference was dramatic since we were able to play more offensively.

As for priests - I think they are the worst healer without a hybrid backing them. Although druid is similar in that right, paired with a hunter - the CC more than makes up for the lack of freedom etc.

All in all, I think Pallies are average healers for Warriors.

This ^^ coming from a holy pally.

I was playing with a warrior pretty much all the way to 1900 in some capacity this season, KFC and TSG. Once we got to 1900+ it started to be a lose fest.

Went to shadowcleave and haven't looked back.

Unless you and your lock or DK are god mode, which possibly my teammates weren't.. we were losing to every other top tier comp.

#20 Huxleylol

Huxleylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1663

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

I'm having a really good time playing ATC even post nerf. Stopped around 2100 mmr doesn't feel like we've hit a wall yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<