hunter 3v3 monk druid viable help windwalker marksman survival advice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nozla1310

Nozla1310
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hi Guys,

Me and a couple of friends have been playing in arena but with unsuitable comps. Out of the classes we have available we have been thinking of a hunter/WW/resto druid comp.

We done some 2s with hunter and monk and found it fun and felt like it could have ok potential. Ive played alongside resto druids before and found them a nice class to play alongside as a hunter also.

We have all played wow to a decent level and have good chemistry together, one thing we are lacking is a decent comp... so, my questions is would this comp be viable?

If so, can you offer any advice on SV or MM (I'm happy with either) that will suit this comp? And potential tips on tactics? Or even if it is simply feedback on how viable you feel it may be...

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

#2 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

As always, it depends on what you mean by viable. As in rank 1? Probably not, and I'll tell you why: WW does a ton of damage, but the specc lacks survivability. Touch of Karma is a great cd, but except for that brief time, the Monk will be trained hard and since he lacks other good defensive abilities (literally none except fortifying brew which is also a cd) you will be under a lot of fire. But you probably already know this.

That being said, Hunter is probably a good partner for a WW monk. I'd go BM and aim to pressure early and hard - if you can force the opposing team to play defensively, the monk might actually be a very sound choice. If your monk is good at what he's doing, you might actually do well against melee cleaves - force them in a situation where you got a 3 man leg sweep / 2 man binding shot constantly and FoF the shit out of several targets. Bring a pet with MS.

#3 Nozla1310

Nozla1310
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

Thank you for the help.

Is there any particular reason as to why BM over SV or MM? Only reason im asking is because BM is a spec ive normally avoided, mainly due to what i have more fun playing.

Is there a specific tactical advantage BM offers over SV or MM?

Thanks again.

#4 Shunai

Shunai
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2516
  • 5v5: 768

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

I'd say go BM because you can purge alot while your WW does alot of dmg and you can still burst with him every 1 minute.

On a side note: Karma isn't that great of a cd anymore, ppl just dps into it since it breaks in half a second. Your monk will have to rely on the insane mobility it has because that is the only real defensive a WW monk has right now. You can still 1shot in a stunlock though.
Posted Image

#5 Nozla1310

Nozla1310
  • Members

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

Lovely, thanks for the help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hunter, 3v3, monk, druid, viable, help, windwalker, marksman, survival, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<