• Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 2429
  • RBG: 1557

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

Hey Tactic and others, I have a question regarding Enhance pvp.

Firstly, when I'm fighting, I feel like I'm doing something wrong because all of my spells are up at the same time and I am frantically trying to get my important spells on cooldown. Every other class I've played, there is breathing room between spells where you can think about your next move, but right now it feels like Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Healing Stream, Searing Totem, Unleash Elements, Lightning Bolt/Healing Surge, and Purge all need to be cast at the same time! It's kinda stressful, it feels like I need to cast everything at the same time all in one global cooldown.

Of course, a lot of this will clear up with practice. But am I the only one who feels that I need to be casting 4 different spells at the same time? As in, they all are off cooldown at the same time.

Yeah we are pretty rotation-less, with no breathing room. Personally I love it, but for some, it takes getting use to. Just think it as a priority system, is there buffs up that won't allow me to do my maximum damage potential? If not, then proceed to damaging, with purge in your off globals (when SS and LL are down). Does my partner need healing? Can I sacrifice the healing to go for a kill? I'd say set aside damage for now, as that usually comes with practice. For right now, I would focus on getting the habit of constantly putting down HST, purging, and healing. Once you get that down, damage is the easy part. Like you said, more practice helps.

#22 kombatwombat

kombatwombat
  • Members

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for the speedy reply!

So you're saying mostly make sure Stormstrike and Lava Lash are off cooldown, worry less about Unleash Elements and Searing Totem? And then purge in between?

A question about Searing Totem; you said in your guide it's like an off-off-hand attack, and that the damage does add up over time. Is that something you drop immediately at the beginning of a fight, or after you get Stormstrike & Lava Lash on CD?

And a final question on Echo of the Elements... Do you use your Echo procs on SS or LL? Obviously SS is better for Maelstrom generating and WF procs, so that's a plus, but something I've been experimenting with recently is when fighting a plate wearer (warriors, DKs, pally), using my Echo procs on LL instead of SS as it is fire damage and not mitigated by their plate armor. What's your opinion on that?

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate you taking the time to help us out!

#23 domzae

domzae
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dath'Remar
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2119
  • 3v3: 2254
  • RBG: 1150
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

Searing totem is pretty low on the priority list in pvp, it can be hitting the 'wrong' target or end up out of LoS pretty easily. Also worth noting that if a priest (any spec) is running reflective shield, it will instantly kill your searing totem every time, so if you notice reflective shield don't waste globals on putting it down!

SS is better for maelstrom and sustained damage so use echo on that if you're needing to heal a lot or beating on clothies, LL is better burst, especially if you're running Elemental Fusion. I've been running with AS lately, 5% haste is pretty significant when going from around 20% to 25%, though it does reduce burst. Even though they removed the double dipping from maelstrom bonus healing when using at AS it can still provide a decent 40k+ crit every 1.5 mins.
Shadow.Protection.Enhance

#24 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

I've discovered something new I have tell me when that shows weapon procs, you get. 2000 haste for 2 seconds and your haste makes your hex nearly instant cast it's awesome

#25 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

I'm playing turbo ATM and my warrior doubles my dmg every game and I usually out heal my damaging but it makes my healers life easy and we are 2450 ATM so it obviously works lol

#26 Folky

Folky
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Magtheridon
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/0/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2312
  • 3v3: 2512
  • 5v5: 2115
  • RBG: 1530

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:07 AM

I've discovered something new I have tell me when that shows weapon procs, you get. 2000 haste for 2 seconds and your haste makes your hex nearly instant cast it's awesome

Only knocks off 0.2 seconds of the cast, barely call it nearly instant.

#27 Intsanius

Intsanius
  • Members

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

Hi,

Firstly, this is going to be negative, a lot..so brace yourselves, my tears are coming. =)

Do you guys have any tips on how to get higher or what a newb (obviously still newb even after playing Enha since Wrath, but still such low on rating..) might be doing wrong in 3v3, please?

To be a bit more precise:

Last week we went Beastcleave - RDruid, me (Enha) and BHunter. It was not going very well so Hunter switched to Survival, I changed to Cap glyph and Totemic Projection, and we climbed up to stunning 1650 rating, hurraaay...yeah, well..not really. It definitely changed upon changing those things (with Beast we were like 2-10, and with Surv and the changes on my side more like 8-10), but we had to stop, and the Hunter left eventually because "he has no time for arena due to school now".

Anyway, we tried playing Turbocleave with Warrior yesterday and it was absolutely disastrous...I mean absolutely. I have no idea how people play this combo, it makes no sense.. we tried our best, but it was obviously not enough - we ended up with something like 3-17... =( I dunno, it seemed like we could not score a kill at all for me having such low damage due to the damned fact I had to keep my teammates healed through MW instants because of the dmg other combos have, and we kept dying on switches or melee cleaves zerging our healer. There was like not long enough CC chain possible with Warrior for us to score a kill and we just kept dying and dying...

Well, we said bye to the Warrior and I found some 2k+ hunter instead. We are up to some games this weekend, so I would like to be prepared as much as possible.

I know my class well I think, I watched hundrets of different arena videos over the years, I dueled a lot in previous expansions (well, yeah...that does not count for much now anyway), I know every other class almost as well as mine, but I still keep losing games since the Wrath, being lower than 2k on the rating all the damn time... Most of that might be due to the fact I have never played with experienced PvP players, but only guildies or friends who wanted "to try" PvP, but still, I fought with some players who played PvP, and I do not believe I can blame others for the failure that accompanies my PvP experience.. after all, the players I played with in above cases are all around at least 2k.. =/

Please, help guys, this thread is probably the last chance I am giving myself before leaving PvP in this game..

Thank you.

Intsanius

(can't post URLs, so...) hGGp://eu.battle.GG/wow/en/character/drakthul/Intsanius/simple

#28 TacticMq

TacticMq
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

Hey Intsanius,

There is different playstyles for each comp. Like for beastcleave, it's main strengths is the amounts of purges. I honestly believe BM/MM is better than surv. However surv is good for peeling. If you really want to, you can tell your hunter not to enter arena to see what the comp is then have him respec depending. For turbo, you want to maximize damage. Any defensive cooldown, just swap to another target. You usually want to kill the healer in the end, but always swap to a dps if he pops dmg mitigation, or runs away, don't chase unless you are in a race in training a healer.

If you want to talk more in depth, ill PM you my details.

#29 Intsanius

Intsanius
  • Members

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

Hey Tactic,

Thanks for answer.

The thing is, we were not able to land a kill most of the time with me just purging the hell out of them and the BeastH's dmg. We were missing some solid CC the Survival has.

And I thought the MM is out of question due to its dmg being dependant on the sniper mode?

As for Turbo - yeah, I think we were swapping targets if a cooldowns were on, we always do, but it was not enough.

Well, I do not want to bother you much, would be great to ask you, but it would be ton of questions regarding all the tips for each comp and stuff. =))

Thanks!

#30 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

Ill be streaming 2500+ cr enhance turbo with MW on wednesday guys twitch.tv/roymay

#31 guypwnz

guypwnz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Король-лич
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1431

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Sorry for OT but what is this action bar addon on the UI screenshot in the opening post ? Thank you

#32 TacticMq

TacticMq
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

Sorry for OT but what is this action bar addon on the UI screenshot in the opening post ? Thank you

I use bartender with a skin addon called buttonfacade (Masque). The skin I use is called caith

#33 guypwnz

guypwnz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Король-лич
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1431

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:27 AM

I use bartender with a skin addon called buttonfacade (Masque). The skin I use is called caith

Thank you mate!

#34 TacticMq

TacticMq
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

Gonna be uploading more of my games to my youtube (youtube.com/tactic1048). Most of the games are 2700+ mmr

#35 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

twitch.tv/roymay -- here are some 2800 mmr turbo games enhance pov, varies from 2600-2800 we have salty days quite a lot lol

i dont claim to be amazing

#36 eltwentyone

eltwentyone

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

got a question, ive been gearing enh to play with my friend hes fury, does arms or fury make a difference when running turbo? I am running a bit of multistrike gear since i main ele, i have the rep i will eventually get the versatility gear. Will the ele gear make a huge impact? Finally, what do you do against TSG, plate-wearers in general to survive?

#37 TacticMq

TacticMq
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

got a question, ive been gearing enh to play with my friend hes fury, does arms or fury make a difference when running turbo? I am running a bit of multistrike gear since i main ele, i have the rep i will eventually get the versatility gear. Will the ele gear make a huge impact? Finally, what do you do against TSG, plate-wearers in general to survive?

All depends on your play-style and the comps you face really. Like if you like to swap alot, warrior should be arms cause you cleave them down and do pretty good pressure that way with the consistent swaps when they pop def CDs. If you are a complete mongloid and just want to train one target, then probably fury.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

Have you played/swapped much between unleash and ele blast? I've mucked around with both but can't actually tell which I like more myself. Curious if you've really tried EB this patch.

#39 eltwentyone

eltwentyone

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

All depends on your play-style and the comps you face really. Like if you like to swap alot, warrior should be arms cause you cleave them down and do pretty good pressure that way with the consistent swaps when they pop def CDs. If you are a complete mongloid and just want to train one target, then probably fury.

Yeah went 7-3 this around 1700 rating, it was pretty ez as you said, trained one target then swap based on cds. Noticed that i struggled against hunter teams, with kiting ability and if I train other dps lose sight of the hunter for traps. I guess have practice my awareness better. i will check your vids in case you have played against hunter teams and see what you did.

Have you played/swapped much between unleash and ele blast? I've mucked around with both but can't actually tell which I like more myself. Curious if you've really tried EB this patch.

I think its just more of a nuisance, better to use a lightning bolt or heal with 5 stacks, rather than to focus on getting max benefit with eb on cool down. I used to have it, really bogs down the rotation in my opinion.

#40 TacticMq

TacticMq
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:57 AM

Added a guide on how to do glad sanctum as enhance:

I have no fucking clue how to embed the video on these forums so ya

Edited by TacticMq, 18 February 2015 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<