• Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 1989
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:05 AM

Okay so me and some friends have been playing zombiechicken. On first day of arena we got to 2k very quickly, ended up at 2.2k mmr aswell.

Anyway so now you know that, recently we started queing again as healer got done with finals (He lives in US atm) and it went downhill really quickly, despite getting really clutch knocks on rets on their cds and getting some really sick spread pressure on enemy team, it got to a point where they could swap on my healer after bubble / link and literally kill him in under 3 seconds, through cenarion ward.

I can babble on about scenarios but my point is, am i the only boomkin feeling not just a slight problem but an actual struggle with rets. I've seen people lift them up as an issue, but i've never qued a comp, and felt like it was an actual impossibility to beat something.

Last but not least, is there anyone else who plays zombiechicken and has the same or some struggles that they can identify themselves with?

#2 leek

leek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire
  • 2v2: 1030
  • 3v3: 3123
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:07 AM

zombiechicken.

Sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.

#3 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

Played it abit at around 1.9k mmr

Comps tunneled our holy aswell after he bubbled and sometimes just the whole game, and mostly just fighting disc/hunter/ret that night we played.

Idk what state Dks are in atm in terms of mobility but the 2 DKS i played with both got kited to shit even while playing with a Hpala, would just instant dispel freedom (idk if that was cuz the Dks were bad or if there mobility is poor now , i have no idea , havent read about em)

Combat rogus obvsly a universal issue so idk if thats worth mentioning.

Got to a point where i just couldnt care less and we just tunneled the healers, acctually just got on a winstreak then but idk.
Highly doubt thats doable higher up.

I myself will be putting this comp on the shelf for now, still LF a rogue for boomkin/disc/rogue, or LSD2, idk I cant think of any other comp that is like worth playing atm. Some1 mentioned warrior/boomkin/healer being a decent comp but I talked to some other glad boomkins and they thought it was a shit comp after trying it same with zombiechicken.

Guess ill just stick to 2v2, Rogue/Boomkin until later in the season :mellow:

#4 Walmartshoes

Walmartshoes
  • Members

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

Zombiechicken is actually called Pinky Toe Cleave.
It's me baby, come kiss.

#5 Alidia

Alidia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Played it abit at around 1.9k mmr

Comps tunneled our holy aswell after he bubbled and sometimes just the whole game, and mostly just fighting disc/hunter/ret that night we played.

Idk what state Dks are in atm in terms of mobility but the 2 DKS i played with both got kited to shit even while playing with a Hpala, would just instant dispel freedom (idk if that was cuz the Dks were bad or if there mobility is poor now , i have no idea , havent read about em)

Combat rogus obvsly a universal issue so idk if thats worth mentioning.

Got to a point where i just couldnt care less and we just tunneled the healers, acctually just got on a winstreak then but idk.
Highly doubt thats doable higher up.

I myself will be putting this comp on the shelf for now, still LF a rogue for boomkin/disc/rogue, or LSD2, idk I cant think of any other comp that is like worth playing atm. Some1 mentioned warrior/boomkin/healer being a decent comp but I talked to some other glad boomkins and they thought it was a shit comp after trying it same with zombiechicken.

Guess ill just stick to 2v2, Rogue/Boomkin until later in the season :mellow:

Thanks for the input, i feel the same way.

#6 SartWoW

SartWoW
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

These retarded comp names need to stop asap.

the sad part is I don't even fotm

#7 Dafuq

Dafuq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1/.
  • 2v2: 1601
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 2369
  • RBG: 1649

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

These retarded comp names need to stop asap.

#8 Yuni

Yuni
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 1813
  • RBG: 1733

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

but atleast tell me what is zombiechickenting? i thought boomkin/rogue/heal was dancingwiththestars

#9 Dafuq

Dafuq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1/.
  • 2v2: 1601
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 2369
  • RBG: 1649

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

but atleast tell me what is zombiechickenting? i thought boomkin/rogue/heal was dancingwiththestars

Think it's dk boomkin healer

#10 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

Think it's dk boomkin healer

AKA Assjuice Cleave
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#11 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/././././.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

Lol boomy comp names, wtf.. Favorite is still Mongolian Earthworm cleave though.

Posted Image

#12 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Lmao at these comp names that people come up with. "Mongolian earthworm cleave" "zombiechicken cleave"

Who names these things and how the hell do they stick? I mean comp names used to be derived from the team names of the people that made the comps famous (such as TSG)

I guess there are kids sitting at LAN parties these days, trying out new comps to see if theyre viable past 2k, and then giving them silly names and Google bombing those names into existence. lol

It got kind of silly with the introduction of "africa turtle cleave" and has gone full retard ever since... lol

I will say that Dancing with the stars is very creative and i like that one though... +1 to whoever dubbed the comp.

Edited by Clamnesia, 17 December 2014 - 04:33 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#13 friendliestguyonaj

friendliestguyonaj
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/0/2/2/0/1/2

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

coming up with retarded comp/team names is/was half the fun in playing wow tbh
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#14 Alidia

Alidia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

Lmao at these comp names that people come up with. "Mongolian earthworm cleave" "zombiechicken cleave"

Who names these things and how the hell do they stick? I mean comp names used to be derived from the team names of the people that made the comps famous (such as TSG)

I guess there are kids sitting at LAN parties these days, trying out new comps to see if theyre viable past 2k, and then giving them silly names and Google bombing those names into existence. lol

It got kind of silly with the introduction of "africa turtle cleave" and has gone full retard ever since... lol

I will say that Dancing with the stars is very creative and i like that one though... +1 to whoever dubbed the comp.

I agree it's really weird of a name, if i knew a better name i'd use it but it's what ive heard it called :)

#15 Tomlordmuscle

Tomlordmuscle
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2071

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

I've played this set up and I don't really enjoy it compared to others I can play.

The issue seems to be that you are the sole source of peels when going defensive, that becomes an issue when they are training your healer and everything is on DR.

This set up can probably hit higher ratings, but it will be harder, and might require you to land a kill quickly.

Set ups like mage/boomkin and rogue/boomkin, and lock/boomkin (though not anymore) have more peels for healers.

DK's just might not bring enough to the table to compliment a boomkin.
Posted Image

#16 Alidia

Alidia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

I've played this set up and I don't really enjoy it compared to others I can play.

The issue seems to be that you are the sole source of peels when going defensive, that becomes an issue when they are training your healer and everything is on DR.

This set up can probably hit higher ratings, but it will be harder, and might require you to land a kill quickly.

Set ups like mage/boomkin and rogue/boomkin, and lock/boomkin (though not anymore) have more peels for healers.

DK's just might not bring enough to the table to compliment a boomkin.

Good point, thanks for input. I agree, it also feels like asphyx is the way to go for a good kill setup so in some cases to get even a single piece of peel from a dk is literally impossible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Boomkin, Zombiechicken, Moonkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<