1v1 Arms

arms war warrior duel duels dueling 1v1

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wailoc

Wailoc
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

How has everyone's experience been 1v1 in WoD? I am not loving it.
Rogues = Anti-warrior now (Who isn't?) instead of the opposite as it used to be
Mage = Any spec is not exactly 1 sided but so much effort required for me
DK = Got 2 shotted in a duel, that was cool. They get nearly a full heal so that hurts in arena and all their absorbs just ugh...
Ret = Pretty balanced fight I think
Hunter = Is it possible to 1v1?
Feral or any spec really = Same as above
Monk/Shm = Poor guys they get owned mostly

I have only dueled a mage and 1 dk so far. Mage was a pain and won most, dk 2 shot me...
I also 1v1 a dk in Ashran when I was sent to jail. He was afk and I got him to 30 before he came back and utterly destroyed me. I like to pretend that I am at best an OK war...but ffs with so-so stats (pretty much capped for non conquest gear) I am sucking at 1v1.

Non BG stats
50-60+ Mastery
15-17% crit
Speed + crit cloak enchant (conquest cloak)
50 crit on conquest crit+mastery ring

Am I expected to spend ALL of my time in defense or something?

Trolls need not apply. Looking for constructive criticism (you suck is not constructive in anyway, thanks though)

#2 rustyz0r

rustyz0r

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

Well I suppose you always have the issue that this game isn't based around 1v1. Even thought Bliz are trying to encourage some world pvp.

I think Warriors aren't very strong 1v1 now as you will have a hard time kiting another melee (like an unholy dk will do to you) and as you have said, you seem to lack a lot of defensive CD's when compared to others.

You will have a hard time catching any ranged player with slows and evasive cool downs (mage).

Think you might be screwed :(.

Not constructive I know but I'm not sure what advice there is to give.

#3 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

Talents used?
Also yes, if taking damage you'd be better off sitting DStance.

#4 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

The problem is just your self healing. 1 enraged regen that has the equivilant of a death strike isnt going to help. So naturally all duels are some kind of race against time. If your enemy survives too long you will lose.

Against people that do not really know the tricks of their class but generally know how to play them are usually quick kills.
But once they get the hang of countering your abilities with theirs you will just lose that race against them. As Arms your biggest survival comes from having the mortal strike glyph. But sadly that ain't doing much to your own heals.

Duelled a hunter last week. Tho i won a fair ammount of duels i felt that my uptime on him was really high (he didn't have that much space to move either.) Still by far the most trickiest hunters i did duel. (Survival with the sprint over the frost trap glyph.) But that made it even worse. His self heals pretty much outdid mine.

Same as dk. You usually end up with him low and you at some decent health since warrior burst is quite harder then the dk one and die by the sword can nearly counter all of his. Then he slaps his dick on the keyboard and half his health is back. Wile enraged regen just does nothing.
Same counts for rets and ferals that don't go all in yolo i can outzerg this guy then end up being executed earlier then expected.

Pretty much all the classes with a relyable self heal that play to outlast the warrior rather then outzerg them win. Tho i find rogues quick kills if it is all about racing. If they take the time to restealth with their self heal up they will once again just beat you.

Tho i had multiple sources qqing about the cooldown on Stormbolt combined with Anger management. I feel this is the best feat you have in duels. Combined with either the Rallying cry or Die by the sword glyph. Last one really helping a lot vs pure melee.

As said above. You pretty much sit in def stance and swap battle for cs. (Aligns well with your stormbolt cd.)
All in all. If you are the player that likes to pick a lot of 1v1 fights i expect fury to be the best spec to do so due to higher single target and better self healing.

Edited by Pinka, 16 December 2014 - 08:38 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Wailoc

Wailoc
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

Constructive enough for me! I know its not based around 1v1, but it feels like I can't do much when someone does decide to gank me, i.e. a hunter earlier, granted he was on his mount in Nagrand, but after doing like 100k-200k worth of damage he was 100% health and I was dead.

Back in the day (I quit when Cata rleased), I won 90% of my duels probably. Most effortlessly. Maybe war was OP, or maybe not, but now I can hardly solo anyone.

As you said, DK will get dropped...at first. Then BAM 100% again, or a big ass Absorb all the while I am losing health.

I stack enraged, die by the sword and rallying cry into 1 macro right now (being lazy). I use the rally cry glyph too.

Rogues, I just can't beat em. I have had it happen twice in Arenas now where it ends up rogue vs me and he dots me and vanishes and repeats. I even grabbed the see invis buff last time and COULD not see him on the map at all. I was raging. Had him targeted, camera all the way out and was looking around each column but never saw him so he was able to get to full. It was awesome! /sarcasm.

In arenas I do ok with healers and am often highest dmg, but I am still low CR due to getting used to the game again and doing literally any comp and any person so far.

BGs are the same I can FINALLY do some damage, but there is no easy button and it takes 100% effort the whole BG to stay near the top of the dmg. Dmg is one thing, getting kills and surviving is a whole other story haha.

Armory Wailoc (Darkspear) for talents etc. I still need to setup my macros for focus stuff. Been lazy and don't have a serious partner still or partners.

Fyi, best comp so far in 2s was an affliction lock. So weird! I think we went 18-2'ish in 1300-1400 range. Would of been 19-1 but I made a mistake on a double dps team : (. Double DK was tough though and our other loss.

#6 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

I stack enraged, die by the sword and rallying cry into 1 macro right now (being lazy). I use the rally cry glyph too.

Don't do this. I say use dbts first when they pop cd then pop rally with commending and enraged regen after their cd has been used.

Same thing for offensive cd. Hold onto you offensive cd until they have used up defensive cd. You do not need to trinket their stun until they pop cd

You have the faster stun cd compared to frost dk and ret so use them on cd and try to reflect theirs back at them. You can actually chain stun them using this method and let them waste their defensive cd on their own stun.

Warrior isn't that great 1v1 atm but going by above rules (if they do the same then well... it's whoever dps harder and get lucky with crits) you should be able to do ok. Don't duel vs classes with freedom cuz it will be frustrating as hell. Do not waste charge when they have freedom up!

#7 Messman

Messman
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 1639
  • 5v5: 1625
  • RBG: 1720

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

Irub, will Enraged Regen take into account the new hp pool given by Rally + Commanding if popped together in a macro? Or do they need to be used first and THEN pop Enrage Regen?

#8 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

Irub, will Enraged Regen take into account the new hp pool given by Rally + Commanding if popped together in a macro? Or do they need to be used first and THEN pop Enrage Regen?

I have the macro set up to pop commanding -> rally -> enraged regen in this order but I also have separate key bind for each skill.
Enraged regen will start healing more as you have rally or commanding in effect.

Edited by irubuwrongtime, 16 December 2014 - 04:30 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arms, war, warrior, duel, duels, dueling, 1v1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<