Photo

Horosho's Resto Shaman Comprehensive 2s Guide. Updated 21.09.2015

Shaman 2s PvP Guide Arena Restoration WoD

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 piddhan

piddhan

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

Awesome guide! What spec is your dk running, if you don't mind me asking?

#22 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2603
  • 5v5: 2083
  • RBG: 1786

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

Awesome guide! What spec is your dk running, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks bro, DK is Frost.

Edited by Horosho, 31 December 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#23 Bluel0l

Bluel0l
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Alleria
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

fml repost

Edited by Bluel0l, 31 December 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#24 Bluel0l

Bluel0l
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Alleria
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

like seriously... do u see the amount of fucking effort this guy has put into this and u come and give him shit for no reason when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it? your disgusting

agree 100%, one of the best and most detailed rshaman guides ive seen in this forum so far.

Edited by Bluel0l, 31 December 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#25 Alkh

Alkh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1964
  • 3v3: 1667
  • RBG: 1645

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

First of all, thanks for writing such detailed guide. You mentioned that you also played resto shaman / warrior and I'd like to ask few questions about that if you don't mind.

1) How did you deal with DK/healer? We have tried to switch between healer and DK but neither seem to work. Healer just keeps kiting and even when we setup a solid CC chain with stormbolt and cap stun our warrior just gets gripped/chained/stunned. We just can't ever get a solid attempt on healer and if warrior goes for DK then he gets beaten by 20-40% damage and DK also dispels ES and riptide. Setting up cc on healer and going for DK doesn't work much either because he instantly pops blood presence and starts kiting until threat is over.

2) Survival hunter / disc priest or resto druid - Hunter tunnels warrior entire game until he flops deep into dampening. I guess we'll try out few things that you mentioned in your shaman/DK guide but do you have any suggestions for warrior too? Also general question about faking against hunters. I have problem with some hunters that just don't countershot until it's like 0.1 sec left. After huge CC chain I go for UF + riptide and then fake 1-2 times on 80% only to get locked on next cast on ~90%. Have much less problems with faking against other classes. Should I just yolo first heal and deal with 4 sec interrupt? 2x 80% fakes + lock on 3rd cast 90% is like 6-7 sec lock.

#26 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

First of all, thanks for writing such detailed guide. You mentioned that you also played resto shaman / warrior and I'd like to ask few questions about that if you don't mind.

1) How did you deal with DK/healer? We have tried to switch between healer and DK but neither seem to work. Healer just keeps kiting and even when we setup a solid CC chain with stormbolt and cap stun our warrior just gets gripped/chained/stunned. We just can't ever get a solid attempt on healer and if warrior goes for DK then he gets beaten by 20-40% damage and DK also dispels ES and riptide. Setting up cc on healer and going for DK doesn't work much either because he instantly pops blood presence and starts kiting until threat is over.

2) Survival hunter / disc priest or resto druid - Hunter tunnels warrior entire game until he flops deep into dampening. I guess we'll try out few things that you mentioned in your shaman/DK guide but do you have any suggestions for warrior too? Also general question about faking against hunters. I have problem with some hunters that just don't countershot until it's like 0.1 sec left. After huge CC chain I go for UF + riptide and then fake 1-2 times on 80% only to get locked on next cast on ~90%. Have much less problems with faking against other classes. Should I just yolo first heal and deal with 4 sec interrupt? 2x 80% fakes + lock on 3rd cast 90% is like 6-7 sec lock.

1. The most popular comp is with the Dpriest.
If he has Necrotic Plague there is no point of going for DK, since he will have too much RP and selfheal.
If he has Sindragosa, you can try to play DK by hexing/fearing/stunning priest, purging every single shield from the DK and kicking priest. If you do good purges, priest just simply won't be able to overheal the DK.
I don't know what do u mean by "DK uses blood presence and starts kiting until threat is over", since the DK has no ability to kite. He has no sprints and freedoms, while warrior has tonns of charges and jump. You still have 2 freedoms from windwalk totem. I think you do something wrong, because this comp is not really difficult to beat. DK can't stop Warrior either if he goes for priest. If he grips, warrior can charge/jump. You can give him freedom.

2) Hunter+Priest is more difficult.

You can kill either hunter or priest. Go for hunter and find a moment to hex the priest. When you hex him, warrior has to pop cooldowns, this will force them to use several defensives, if there is dampening up, priest might sooner or later trinket, you can try to switch for the priest by doing super agressive purges and kicks. You have 2 freedoms, use them at the time when warrior is going hard for priest. Switch between too targets.
If it's Rdruid it's much more difficult since the have tonns of CC. Warrior should play with mass reflect and reflect at least 30% of traps or some clones. There is no simple "recipe" how to kill the first or the second comp, because your success depends on too many things:

1) How you fake. (when faking against hunter the range is very important, if you're far away you can even see his kick coming and fake, if he is close, get used to his kicks, good players usually kick at the end of the cast, so fake at 80% is usually enough, sometimes it is better to just cast and get kicked instead of wasting time for 2 fakes and eventually get kicked at 3d).
2) How you kick.
3) How you ground traps.
4) How you purge.
5) How you position yourself, making it harder for enemies to control you.
6) How you control your manapull.
7) How you use your defensive cooldowns

Just play more and improve.
If I have time I'll try to upload a video of 2s with a warrior + some comments. May be it helps.

Edited by Horosho, 03 January 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#27 Alkh

Alkh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1964
  • 3v3: 1667
  • RBG: 1645

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the reply! Yeah maybe I am wasting freedom too much against DK/Healer comps. I'll try to keep that in mind. Also weirdly enough we haven't met disc/DK much :D Few resto shaman/DKs and tons of rDruid / DKs but it'll probably change when we play more.

"I don't know what do u mean by "DK uses blood presence and starts kiting until threat is over", since the DK has no ability to kite."
CoI is 60% slow and hamstring is 50% slow so he can slightly move faster. Also my warrior keeps using 2 charges to kick a single cast from healer. Imo it's not worth it but he thinks it is :/

I'll keep these hunter tips in mind. My grounding totems are idd trash tier. I mess up most of them because hunter always kites warrior while moving closer to me and sometimes even runs through me without trapping like priests run in without fearing just to get tremor out.

*One new question raised too. You mentioned in DK/rShaman guide that you use totemic projection against hunter teams. For me you recommended double freedom against both comps. Is there a reason why double freedom is more valueable with warrior who already is more mobile thank DK? :o

Looking forward to warrior vs DK or Hunter vods! Would be really helpful. Meanwhile I guess we'll mass games and do our best. Thanks again for writing explanations in such depth. I am also huge fan of 2v2 bracket eventho it's more imbalanced than 3s. Allows me to play viable comps with irl mates.

#28 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for the reply! Yeah maybe I am wasting freedom too much against DK/Healer comps. I'll try to keep that in mind. Also weirdly enough we haven't met disc/DK much :D Few resto shaman/DKs and tons of rDruid / DKs but it'll probably change when we play more.

RestoShaman+DK comp loses to War+Restosham, since DK can't kill Rsham, because warrior can peel for him, while DK can't peel for his restoshaman. You should kill enemy shaman and purge him hard.
DK+Druid is more difficult but you can kill druid if he has no trinket I guess.

CoI is 60% slow and hamstring is 50% slow so he can slightly move faster. Also my warrior keeps using 2 charges to kick a single cast from healer. Imo it's not worth it but he thinks it is :/

Since the warrior has 2 charges and 10% movespeed is a joke DK can't run away from the warrior. It is not worth wasting 2 charges for a kick everytime. In situation when u can land a kill and you dony have shear sometimes it might help.

I'll keep these hunter tips in mind. My grounding totems are idd trash tier. I mess up most of them because hunter always kites warrior while moving closer to me and sometimes even runs through me without trapping like priests run in without fearing just to get tremor out.

Just always run away from hunter, keep max 40 range. You have wolf+unleash. I use grounding only when I feel he is going to trap and I ground every 3d trap I guess.

One new question raised too. You mentioned in DK/rShaman guide that you use totemic projection against hunter teams. For me you recommended double freedom against both comps. Is there a reason why double freedom is more valueable with warrior who already is more mobile thank DK?

Depends on your playstyle. You can use both call of elements and totemic projection. The second one is sometimes difficult to implement. Totemic vigor might be needed.

#29 Shylie

Shylie
  • Members

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

Hey Horosho ! Awesome guide ! :)

I have a few question : i actually play Rdrood/DK (iam the Rdrood) and i want to switch on my RSham but it seems like RSham have some mana difficulties, is that true ? in late game we always win because shaman are oom.

One other question is do you (or your mate) stream or record your arena sessions ?

Thanks a lot !

#30 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Hey Horosho ! Awesome guide ! :)

I have a few question : i actually play Rdrood/DK (iam the Rdrood) and i want to switch on my RSham but it seems like RSham have some mana difficulties, is that true ? in late game we always win because shaman are oom.

One other question is do you (or your mate) stream or record your arena sessions ?

Thanks a lot !

Rsham goes OOM faster, but it depends on your playstyle. Purge's manacost is extremely high and if u play offensive, you can go oom very fast, but it is not the argument not to play Shaman if you want to.

Yes, I do stream, but kinda rare, when I begin streaming on the permanent basis I ll note everyone in this thread.

#31 lozo

lozo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:16 AM

That comment at the video's very end made me laugh hard :D
Great guide too, enjoyable to read even tho I rarely play 2s.
Alcohol may not solve your problems, but neither will faith.

#32 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

Looking forward to warrior vs DK or Hunter vods! Would be really helpful. Meanwhile I guess we'll mass games and do our best. Thanks again for writing explanations in such depth. I am also huge fan of 2v2 bracket eventho it's more imbalanced than 3s. Allows me to play viable comps with irl mates.

Guide updated. Added video with comments: Shaman/Warrior vs Hunter/Priest

#33 termo

termo

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

Would you use glyph of purge vs rdruids, can you explain why its good?

#34 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

Would you use glyph of purge vs rdruids, can you explain why its good?

Yes, I usually do. First of all, purge is very very mana consuming - 5248. If you spam purge u go OOM. This glyph gives u double purge for 1 GCD and 5250 mana.

You can dispel importants spells much faster. Against Rdruids, when your DD mate pops his cooldowns, you can assist with a purge every 6 seconds. It's very mana effective and I usually don't have too much GCD to purge, so 1 is enough.

#35 termo

termo

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

thanks, i had a question about vsing double dps, i seem to get trained and die very easily after ive used my cooldowns - any tips? playing at around 2k mmr

#36 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

thanks, i had a question about vsing double dps, i seem to get trained and die very easily after ive used my cooldowns - any tips? playing at around 2k mmr

Double DPS is easy, u have to learn how to use your defensive cooldowns one by one in combination with your ally's peels like (safeguard, fear, stun and rallying cry from the warrior for example). Read comments in this topics, I have already written some things about double dps.

#37 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

Updated. Added a video Warrior/Shaman mirror 2800MMR.

#38 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/0/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 957
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 192

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:26 PM

nice man, thanks :)

#39 Malashiel

Malashiel
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1512

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

hey, are u still play wih DK?

#40 Horosho

Horosho
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

nice man, thanks :)

Thanks, bro!

hey, are u still play wih DK?

No, I'm playing with the warrior atm. I think 2500 is max with the DK atm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shaman, 2s, PvP Guide, Arena, Restoration, WoD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<