#141 Evaze

Evaze
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

Like someone mentionned, warlocks rely too much on there pets for there survability. That's really all there is. Buffing pet is not the solution, giving you other mechanics to counter melee is imo. Pets arent your real issue, melee is.

And serisouly, don't expect anything till WoTLK. :(

Btw, whoever said it's possible to kill a felhunter in 4 sec as a mage is CLEARLY exagerating.
Djinesis - 70 Gnome Frost Mage
Enigme - 70 Undead Shadow Priest (Inactive)
Evaze - 70 Blood Elf Holy Paladin (Inactive)

#142 Mysterium

Mysterium
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

Tbh, yes, a warlock's pet should be easier to kill than the player, but also at the same time, a LOT easier to kill than the player. Killing the pet doesn't win the game folks, especially with feldom and most hunter/druid teams can easily get another pet rez, freezing trap one, cyclone chain the other gg. I think a small resil scale would help them (not a crazy resil scale since warlocks have a crazy amount of it anyways but a decent one).

They pull out a 2nd, you kill it again, thats the game. Its not super hard for a war or rogue to stay on us, and if you get CCed your partner can feral charge/bash/cyclone till you are free again.

Unless you and your partner are complete imbeciles that lock isn't getting a summon off again vs a decent melee team.

And good god, we are complaining again bloody 2v2 balance, since when was this a bracket everyone was concerned about? In 3v3 vs competant opponents getting a 6 second cast off is night impossible unless your opponents have downs, don't get me started on 5v5.

Edited by Mysterium, 30 June 2008 - 01:10 PM.

#143 Gnomo

Gnomo
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

I played RMP and It's so easy to beat Lock teams. You just hit them hard until the pet is low, make a quick switch and then dispel the feldom, its a free win.
And dont tell me you can't do that against pro players cause DGFG did it on the MLG tournament against Didy's team

How is that fair?
Oh and try to play against RMP with a voidwalker out ahahaha

Pets are broken, they need to be fixed and whoever says otherwise they just have no idea.

Ps: blizzard does everything for money, thats why they include content and new stuff all the time, to keep making money duh

#144 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

Blizzard could easily balance pets by scaling them with their owners stats. 60% of all of my stats would stick it around 7800 HP, would give it some spell hit so CS wasnt so unreliable, and about as much resil as a rogue in pve minus all of the CDs. I don't think anyone can really argue that something with sub 300 resil and as much HP as a pre BC tank would be impossible to gib, but it would certainly make tunneling on the pet all game long more difficult.

Like I said earlier, if melee weapons were suddenly regressed to the potency of S1 or S2 weapons melee would be up in arms. Essentially we deal with S1 pets even though its S4.

#145 Astarta

Astarta
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Where is the video for this?

#146 Heelie

Heelie
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

Felguard isn't exactly a beast either, and what's worse is our soul link depends on that mediocre pet. Spell lock is a very important part of the warlock class. With that said, I would gladly accept a slight Nerf to that in order to get some sort of survivability.

It really comes down to are pets going to be an integral part of the class or a little bonus feature. If they are going to be an important part they need to have significantly more survivability because our lives rely on theirs, or, the demonology tree needs a full overhaul where a pet is just a little added bonus and when it's dead its not a huge loss. One of those is easier than the other but Blizzard doesn't even recognize the problem, which is where the real outrage is from.

#147 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

Q: Warlock - Problem with Pet Scaling.

* A: Can spec into demonology making them more powerful. Think balance is pretty good.

Yeah, true, 37-38 points in demonology is definitely NOT ENOUGH.
Let's add 5 points to that so our pets HAVE 5% MORE MELEE CRIT AND CAN PWNZORZ ANYONE.

#148 Kolz

Kolz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arcane
  • RBG: 1885

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

You guys have got to realise that killing a pet is only viable with melee. Felhunters are the next best thing to invincible as a mage. I have full spell pen set (extra wand + weapons, with s3 + s4 rings) and I have 109 penetration, that leaves a demo specced felhunter with 101 more resistance before things like motw or frost resistance aura. That's totally unkillable when you consider every 8 seconds or so it heals itself for ~800 as a caster.

Pets could prob use some resil to protect them from melee instagibs, but the resistance needs to be toned way way down on the felhunter as well.

#149 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

You guys have got to realise that killing a pet is only viable with melee. Felhunters are the next best thing to invincible as a mage. I have full spell pen set (extra wand + weapons, with s3 + s4 rings) and I have 109 penetration, that leaves a demo specced felhunter with 101 more resistance before things like motw or frost resistance aura. That's totally unkillable when you consider every 8 seconds or so it heals itself for ~800 as a caster.

Pets could prob use some resil to protect them from melee instagibs, but the resistance needs to be toned way way down on the felhunter as well.

Well, alot of it is warlocks thinking that they "Have" to always have out their felhunter, the anti-caster pet, and when they fight melee they get angry that melee beats the anti-caster pet.

I for one am shocked!

#150 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

So you think that 101 resistance on the felhunter means it's totally unkillable ?
Here's the real answer : it's not. Even with 350 all resist with VST, my pet eats priests' fear 75% of the time.

@Auvvey : if a voidwalker was as anti-melee as the felhunter is "anticaster" (lol a mage can shatter combo it to 10% life), we would complain much less. BUT the voidwalker has never been ANTIMELEE, it's just a tank which has NO pvp ability AT ALL and it freaking useless.

Edited by Alphatier, 30 June 2008 - 04:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<