#1 Madshroom

Madshroom
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

Cant believe it when the question came up, no planned changes, pets are just fine atm and no scaling is even being considered, cant believe it

#2 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

yeah I saw that... sigh

#3 ZoRoXo

ZoRoXo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

Can't say im suprised. Blizzards money income is fine. So until that changes, I bet nothing will happen.
┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)

Spoiler

#4 Mysterium

Mysterium
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

Sigh time to reroll, what an asshole.

He should really roll a lock and go arena with it.

#5 etherimp

etherimp
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

Or do a WSG.. Arena isn't even necessary

#6 graxxorious

graxxorious
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

K!

Cause it takes you SO DAM LONG to kill a lock's pet?

#7 Ultimecia

Ultimecia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:33 PM

Now I hate to be insulting, but frankly how the hell can you justify pets that can be killed before their owners team can react, whose stats have barely changed at all. Well some warriors and rogues will defend their class to the death theres no getting around the fact that everyone else thinks you;re overpowered and that the statistics of arena representation agree.

Try and understand how frustrating it is from a warlock PoV, ok warriors we can deal with, they can be CCed, voidwalkers are viable pets vs them. Rogue druids? We gat a void, the druid kills it, felhunters, as I think everyone knows by now can be killed so so easily by melee. The vast majority of warlocks who actually have a clue agree that pets are broken, and need to be fixed. Do you really think we're all going to be dead on wrong?

Frankly, delete this post if you want mods, but for the love of god delete the warriors above it too as all it serves to do is piss the warlocks off. Get the hell out of our class forums if all you want to do is piss us off especially when you haven't experienced it form both sides and don't really know what you're on about.

#8 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

Have you ever played a warlock? Melee is honestly capable of 100% to 0ing a pet in <5 seconds if it takes that long.

Edited by Alphatier, 29 June 2008 - 02:48 PM.

#9 Konvic

Konvic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

I play all three classes, lock/warrior/rogue, in that order. And I can honestly say that when on my rogue or warrior I love facing lock and hunter teams because it is insanely easy to kill a pet in 3 GCD's with either warrior or rogue.

Pets need to scale, there should be no question in this matter. You know how frustrated rogue's and warrior's would be if melee damage scaled as bad as pet survivability? They would be furious. If they are trying to make arean as competitive and balanced as possible, this is on of the first steps to take to balance it.

And this is not just a warlock problem, hunters are hampered by the same thing. Melee damage scales too well and pets don't scale at all...
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes; If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."
-Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi Tribal Leaders

#10 bk

bk
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

stop exaggerating, i have 2100ish ap and sap lock get on pet the pet sometimes isnt dead by the time sap is up, its nowhere near a consisten <5seconds, atleast for rogues

#11 Vonja

Vonja
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

I believe this is the part where we say
"screw blizzard."

#12 Hirim

Hirim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

I love triple critting a Felhunter and gibbing it before anyone can react. I'm glad Blizzard didn't put anything in the game to prevent this sort of thing.

Hint: Give pets resilience, pets are designed to be part of the player class yet it's as if part of the player doesn't benefit from the owner's wasted stat points on resilience.

Edited by Hirim, 29 June 2008 - 02:42 PM.

#13 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

I started playing a mage recently after taking a 2-3 month break from WoW, and I killed a Felhunter in sub 4 seconds and it made me laugh out loud.

#14 Bathoryz

Bathoryz
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:47 PM

How anyone can say that pets don't need scaling is beyond me, part of our abilities and part of our talents go towards the pet, why wouldn't it scale with our gear?

#15 ZoRoXo

ZoRoXo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:47 PM

stop exaggerating, i have 2100ish ap and sap lock get on pet the pet sometimes isnt dead by the time sap is up, its nowhere near a consisten <5seconds, atleast for rogues

Then you are doing something wrong.
┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)

Spoiler

#16 Hirim

Hirim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

How anyone can say that pets don't need scaling is beyond me, part of our abilities and part of our talents go towards the pet, why wouldn't it scale with our gear?

Basically this. Stamina scaling is laughable, from naked to S3 my pet goes from about 5k to 6.5k HP unbuffed, AMAZING!

#17 Dhany

Dhany
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Karazhan
  • Vindication

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

i hardly could count lost games due to my pet being insta killed by melee , if pets are fine , then theres something wrong with melee ... obviously

#18 Ultimecia

Ultimecia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

Key word: sometimes

The chance is there, with enough crits the pet can die in an unacceptably short time period. Now I wouldn't mind if the chance for this was small, in the same way people don't mind nightfall because getting 5 procs in a row and instawinning a game like that isn't exactly a common occurrence, the issue is that now it's fairly common to get a lucky string of crits on a zero resilience pet and gib it. If that happens twice and you (the melee team) is any good, game over.

And er, no offense like and I'm sure you're a perfectly good rogue, but we have to face some that have significantly attack power than you and. Also bear in mind the warglaive set AP bonus vs demons (aka warlock pets),the tier 6 set bonuses and the glaive haste bonus. Now you may say "it's fine very few rogues have that" fact is, it's a huge problem because when these lucky rogues are condensed into a specific section of the arena ladder, then all of a sudden every other rogue is fully decked.

The cheat death nerf won't help very much from a warlock point of view. As most people are aware, you generally tend to play a series vs a single team rather than several teams at once. A warlock/healer 2v2 and some warlock 3v3 set ups just don't have the burst to force a rogue to be relying upon cheat death (and hence need to wear resilience giving PvP gear). Hence when playing a series, the rogue is free to use as much PvE gear as he can and well yeah, I think everyone agrees PvE geared rogues spoil the fun for everyone else :<

#19 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

Unless you're getting 0 crits the pet is going down in the duration of a sap. Even if you fail to kill it because the druid pops you're still at an advantage because the locks teammate (assuming its a druid) has to pop before yours, leaving yours to CC freely from the go.

#20 Swipe

Swipe
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

Cant believe it when the question came up, no planned changes, pets are just fine atm and no scaling is even being considered, cant believe it

Yea what were they thinking, everyone was looking forward to unkillable god mode Warlocks :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<