• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2206
  • 3v3: 1798

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

We are having some issues versus ret/hunt/healer as thug. We open up on the healer and our rogue usually sits on him through the fight which I guess he should be, but we are getting shat on by the pala and the hunter. They usually go for me.

Any advice against this comp? How should we approach the fight?

#2 arukie

arukie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:36 AM

I forgot to add Im the hunter.

#3 Snookypoo

Snookypoo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/0/1

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

Only reason I'm replying is because a Glad hasn't responded. I'm only a 2.2 - 2.4 player but from my experience its a disadvantaged match up. The worst thing your Rogue can do here is be Sub. The Ret has his outs more often than a Sub has his burst. I'm a Rogue so I can only mainly give you the Rogue pov side of things.

- You can either have your Rogue be combat full time if you aren't afraid of the spec being nerfed or don't care, or you can have your Rogue join the game late after you tell him what comp you guys are facing and respec between Sub and Sin depending on match up. For this match up I'm almost certain Sin is better. Ret has no passive damage reduction so you can force cooldowns with high sustained and proper cross cc rather than relying on dance which will just get HOP. Combat is just fucked up

-Imo go Ret is Hunter is BM ( tranq bot ) spec or go Hunter if hes marks. Kidney the ret to cover traps and use whatever spare cc you have to deny the Hunter an easy trap when the healer is in a hoj. Even a simple gouge could suffice.

- Go nerve strike because only Feral / Rogue / Mage / teams can kill a Rogue who is awake.

- When the Ret pops wings throw every bit of cc you can on the Hunter because its the best way to reduce damage at the time. Do not try to counter pressure wings unless the Ret follows you around a pillar or some shit. Respect the cooldown and run if possible.

Eventually when Sacs/ Hops / Trinkets run out you can score a kill with 8 second kidney or good enough damage. But it's quite an uphill battle IMO.

#4 arukie

arukie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for a detailed reply Snooky. Much appretiated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thugcleave, ret, 3s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<