Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 18:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Question about the reasoning behind some stat priorities

disc sp stats arena 3s 3v3 pries

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SartWoW

SartWoW
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

Hey guys,

I'm gonna re-post part of a question I asked in a topic in the glad-section, maybe someone can help me here:

1) I was comparing ret and SP stat priorities and was asking myself why rets choose versatility over mastery, while SPs dont. They're in a similar spot, often being trained by most melee- melee+hunter-cleaves from start to finish, yet SPs with their imo worse survivability than Ret's seem to aim for their best offensive stat (mastery) instead of versatility, while it's vice-versa with Rets. Is that simply because Rets go all "fuck i do enough retard dmg, might as well enchant for defense" or am I missing something?

2) Disc stat priorities. After the double-disc-nerf/fix regarding crit, is it still their go-to-stat? I've seen an equal mix of people going mastery, haste, or even sticking to crit, on the ladder.

Already thanks for your replies.

the sad part is I don't even fotm

#2 domzae

domzae
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dath'Remar
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2119
  • 3v3: 2254
  • RBG: 1150
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

I think the reason it's viable to go versatility on ret is because you benefit from all 3 aspects of it: ret survivability/utility is a fair bit about healing, so it sort of double dips. A spriest on the other hand won't get as much use out of the stat (because if you're healing much outside of PW:S, you're probably playing the wrong spec). So it becomes more important to just get the maximum damage out rather than delay your death by a few seconds.

Personal opinion about disc stats: (when there is no clear must-stack-stat) Go for enough haste to feel comfortable for YOU (can be 0 haste, if you're sadistic), and the rest doesn't really matter. There's not much point going mastery without any crit and vice-versa. Alternatively you can look at it the other way - multistrike is the least useful stat so just avoid that wherever possible.
Shadow.Protection.Enhance

#3 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

after we're all fully geared I doubt people will skip on versatility. It should be our best stat, unless you're playing something with insane amounts of cc or a comp you're never targeted (I havent played godcomp since s9 so I dont know how it generally is)

Edited by Kelberot, 15 December 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Posted Image

#4 SartWoW

SartWoW
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the quick replies

@Domzae: I was more about the dmg reduction part than the healing boost, although you have a point regarding the fact that rets can use all 3 parts of versatility better than SPs could. About mixing stats for discs: Doesn't that leave us with some half-assed bit of everything? Like, being able to do everything... just not good enough? (Kinda like Druids in Vanilla? ;D)

@Kelberot: This is how I felt about Versatility too, idk, but all those (annoying-to-farm-) Mastery/Versatility rep parts look insane for SP. Maybe people just wait until they can access high enough numbers for it to shine? And comp-wise it seems like Godcomp is the only really viable SP comp apart from some RPx teams. At least that was how I felt about it and from what I've seen and heard.

the sad part is I don't even fotm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disc, sp, stats, arena, 3s, 3v3, pries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users