Photo

Shit players who cry about Kidneyshot.

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#41 Lamme

Lamme

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

Just remove the KS bonus from revealing strike and be done with it, a 8 sec unbreakable stun which can not be dispelled doesn't have a place in the game. I wonder how something like that could even pass beta, seriously, you can't even blame PvE for this.

#42 Frostwor

Frostwor
  • Members
  • LocationSilvermoon

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

Yeah I couldnt agree more also forcing trinket is so fucking easy with this 8sec kidney. Problem is sub is rly hard to play in the current meta and something has to compensate or we might see only top rogue players doing something decent in high end arena.

#43 DNADota

DNADota
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

8sec stun is not that powerful...8sec stun increasing dmg recieved by 10% is good. ;)))))) Don't change it Blizz.

#44 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

Please learn to kill shadow reflection when you see it appear, now all you have left is the exactly same combat spec as you had for the past 4 years..

Umm 4 years? Have you even played the game for 4 years? And kidney hasnt lasted for 8 seconds for 4 years.. That was yet ANOTHER atrocity added in MoP.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#45 Narthypoo

Narthypoo

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

The issue is 8s Kidney guarantees a trinket or major CD every time it's used because of the DPS the Rogue and his partner are putting out - and it's on a short CD. Couple that with things like Vanish - Garrote, Gouge, Kick, etc, and Rogues have way too much caster control in this meta.

Assuming that they're going to be nerfing interrupts a bit (Holinka mentioned it on Twitter), I assume they might give everything the Wind Shear treatment so it only locks out for 3s.

If they do that, the only changes they probably need to make to level the playing field for Caster v. Melee as far as it pertains to Rogue is to remove Gouge (no need for it currently) and make Revealing Strike not effect Kidney shot. Rogue damage is reliant on proper CD usage, so its something that you can anticipate if you pay attention and play well.

#46 Lintrix

Lintrix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1713
  • 3v3: 576
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

How is anyone defending this? An 8 second stun is beyond retarded combined with red buff and it makes combat the most gimmicky spec in the game. The only reason rogues are playing combat is because it's broken af

#47 Seductions

Seductions
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 2491
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

As a healer, here is the problem with 8s kidney shot
Kidney has a 20s cd, assuming u get 8s kidney and 4s kidney after, that gives u a little over 10-15s to recover before the next kidney shot. This is all happening while dk lock or ret paladin is pumping u. Its literally so hard to recover the first kidneyshot, usually by the 3rd or 4th kidney, its deah
My name is Zoom and I am the fastest man alive. When I was a child, I started the impossible by playing world of warcraft in secret from my parents. Then an accident made me into the possible. To the outside world, I am just a priest, but secretly I use my speed to win arenas. I am Zoom.

#48 xDamnationx

xDamnationx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

How is anyone defending this? An 8 second stun is beyond retarded combined with red buff and it makes combat the most gimmicky spec in the game. The only reason rogues are playing combat is because it's broken af

To be fair, prismatic crystal/ice nova is pretty gimmicky

#49 Thasta

Thasta
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 2/2/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 864
  • 3v3: 2557
  • RBG: 1568

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

8 seconds for a single stun is too long, especially considering the short cooldown and other abilities rogues can chain with it to lock people down

#50 prokillur

prokillur
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection ./././1/././.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

Combat had 8 second Kidney for the entirety of mop and no one cared, people even laughed at woundman and any other "noob" for playing the spec

Now combat actually does some damage outside of killing spree people dont like it, because its suddenly more than just having an annoying fly hitting you with one ability that does damage every 2 minutes

I hope blizz doesnt nerf this spec back into obscurity again!!

#51 Alidia

Alidia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 1989
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

Combat had 8 second Kidney for the entirety of mop and no one cared, people even laughed at woundman and any other "noob" for playing the spec

True, that justifies the length of the stun. Kappa

#52 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

Why can't people understand that the game has changed to a point where 8 second kidney is no longer balanced in any way or form?

Plenty of people has said the same already but still people use the same argument, "lol rogues had it all mop". Get real.
Posted Image

#53 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

Now combat actually does some damage outside of killing spree people dont like it, because its suddenly more than just having an annoying fly hitting you with one ability that does damage every 2 minutes

I hope blizz doesnt nerf this spec back into obscurity again!!

Noone wants their damage nerfed. We dont give a shit about the damage.. its the 8 second kidney into 4 second kidney from clone that is ridiculous.The only reason rogues are playing combat is because it IS so retarded. Combat has never been a regular spec to run in arena.. like... ever. You act like combat is the equivalent of ele shaman where its either good or it isnt. Its not the same.. combat has never been meta for rogue. "I hope blizz doesnt nerf this spec back into obscurity again" Honestly, it should have never been brought of "obscurity". Its only been brought out because of its OP gimmicks.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#54 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

Why can't people understand that the game has changed to a point where 8 second kidney is no longer balanced in any way or form?

Plenty of people has said the same already but still people use the same argument, "lol rogues had it all mop". Get real.

This. The difference is that now, you can be solod in ONE 8 second kidney.

#55 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

^ It was meta in s1 and s2 tho but I don't miss it one bit personally.
Posted Image

#56 Torapants

Torapants
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 1466
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1839
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

Noone wants their damage nerfed. We dont give a shit about the damage.. its the 8 second kidney into 4 second kidney from clone that is ridiculous.The only reason rogues are playing combat is because it IS so retarded. Combat has never been a regular spec to run in arena.. like... ever. You act like combat is the equivalent of ele shaman where its either good or it isnt. Its not the same.. combat has never been meta for rogue. "I hope blizz doesnt nerf this spec back into obscurity again" Honestly, it should have never been brought of "obscurity". Its only been brought out because of its OP gimmicks.

Shouldn't someone who obtained Glad in S2 know that Combat was the go to spec during that season of glorious mace stun?
:rogue: forever and always.

Posted by Soltan:
when playing mutilate its pretty important to bind V ..... for vendetta :cool:

#57 Stealthsultn

Stealthsultn
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/0/0/.
  • LocationColorado, US

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

I mostly agree with you (8-12 second kidney is an abomination in this xpack), but feel the need to correct several points:

-combat was very meta for rogue at several points during TBC with mace stuns, combat swords and Hemo-AR-Prep (to name a few)
-It was not that obscure in MOP with involvement as RBG spec and solid play/rep from woundman

Here is how the rogue specs where designed from the start: Assassination (finishers) Combat (combo builders) Sub (openers)

This was then changed in wrath to: Assassination (magic/poison-damage sustained-execute burst) Combat (physical dmg-sustained-ramp up burst) Sub (Opener-Burst)
-Sub became meta because of the burst it offered in dance, while assassination offered sustained pressure and execute in dispatch
-At this point combat gained much less than other specs and did not fit the meta, in addition the large influx of players lead to widespread adoption of this meta which continues into today.

I think that combat's design is fine as the ramping damage spec, but it needs a unique tool to make it different from the other specs. Maybe the addition of a reactive ability such as riposte? I think people should still have the option of playing all 3 specs, and all 3 specs should be unique and interesting.

#58 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 3140
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2754

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

dunno if anyone mentioned it but people seem to think that rogues got 8sec kidney in MoP?
well combat rogues had 8sec kidney in cata too, wasn't just in mop, so they're right when they say it's been like that for a long time.
in s13, throne of thunder 2set:
(2) Set : Increases the duration of your finishing moves as if you had used an additional combo point, up to a maximum of 6 combo points.
so as combat then it was 9.45 sec kidney

maybe people can try this now? dunno if last expansion set bonus is active in arena lol =))

combat was just insanely slow in cata, and sub was infinitely better so ye.

#59 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:00 PM

as if junkie status means anything

did i say it did?
it's more the fact he's never been 2200 even in the most inflation ever last season yet he's trying to talk about how everyone is bad and combat rogues are balanced

#60 ImUrHuckleBerry

ImUrHuckleBerry
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/1/2/0/1/.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

The revealing strike - kidney shot is broken atm, no one can deny that (except for people lying), they just need to give revealing strike the same treatment that mastery has for sub, it only effects the effectiveness of rupture, eviscerate, and SnD.

What blizzard needs to fix is: DFA (it sucks, its gimmicky, costs too much, get rid of the jump and just make the aoe and direct dmg hit instantly; better yet just scrap the fucking talent), Clone for the specs besides combat (the clone doesn't gain the dmg modifiers that work for assas and sub, making the dmg really mediocre), 4 pc sub set bonus (while it is 7% dmg and 3% dmg reduction, it seems underwhelming compared to assas or combat 4 pieces, if I had it my way I would like the 4 pc to activate Master of Subtly when you shadow dance.), Backstab positional requirement needs to be gone with or at the very least make backstab hit a tad bit harder, or at the very least bring back the high crit chance, mine crit for like 9-12k, which is just pitiful, but I wouldn't mind if they crit most of the time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<