Photo

I honestly don't give a fuck how bad Mistweavers are

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 dTaler

dTaler

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

like jungle cleave on ruins.

jungle cleave can simply train monk even with LC.

#82 Alwaysyoux

Alwaysyoux
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 2157
  • 3v3: 2566
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1816

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

jungle cleave can simply train monk even with LC.

yeah but i think it's a bit more clean with a swap imo.

#83 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:32 AM

I actually made an appearance at Alwaysyoux's birthday party and I met up with people from survivors of incest anonymous group
who were involved with Alwaysyoux's tragic past that where there, I talked about the mistweaver monk issues from my perspective as a arena junkies poster and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of Alwaysyoux's AJ posts.

The hidden quote you made is just beautiful.... Thank you sir, thank you for the laughter :,)

#84 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

Not sure why people are trashing Alwaysyou he hasn't said anything inflammatory and everything he said is true. Mistweavers are not very good overall. They never have been really. In MoP we had overpowered orbs cover up all the deficiencies in the spec. Now it's a overpowered life cocoon. The problem is without orbs MW would have been trash in MoP, and without the set bonus and perk for cocoon they would be trash in WoD.

I think he is asking for meaningful changes and THEN you can nerf Life Cocoon. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that?

#85 Alwaysyoux

Alwaysyoux
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Not sure why people are trashing Alwaysyou he hasn't said anything inflammatory and everything he said is true. Mistweavers are not very good overall. They never have been really. In MoP we had overpowered orbs cover up all the deficiencies in the spec. Now it's a overpowered life cocoon. The problem is without orbs MW would have been trash in MoP, and without the set bonus and perk for cocoon they would be trash in WoD.

I think he is asking for meaningful changes and THEN you can nerf Life Cocoon. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that?

I'm also higher rated than literally every person bashing me in this thread and funny thing is 90% of them are disc priest that are screaming MW op.

#86 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

I'm also higher rated than literally every person bashing me in this thread and funny thing is 90% of them are disc priest that are screaming MW op.

mws are op

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#87 YataG

YataG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Blood 1/0/2/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2194
  • 3v3: 2046
  • 5v5: 1982
  • RBG: 1702
  • Locationchicago

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

if life cocoon wasnt a 55 second cooldown they would literally need to double the healing done by surging mist

#88 Ravv

Ravv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1890
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

LC is pretty OP.

OT/ Conelly, you stole my avatar icon. Now ppl will confuse me with ya ;(
Posted Image

#89 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

You're insanely biased. Everyone is bashing you because you can't see beyond the tip of your own dick. You being higher rated is probably at this point, a coincidence, judging by your impressions and opinions of your class. You're bashing people in this thread based on their rating, going so far as calling people "sub 2400 idiots" or something alongside the lines of that, not realizing that difference between 24xx and 2566 ( where you're at ) is literally 6-7 won games.

You're not the victim here, you're the aggressor with your shitty and incorrect opinions. Do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

Nice made up statistic btw, go count again. I'm Shadow btw, not Disc.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#90 Kidneygod

Kidneygod
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2402
  • 3v3: 2331
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1810

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

OT/ Conelly, you stole my avatar icon. Now ppl will confuse me with ya ;(

Every r1 wants to play with you then.

#91 Alwaysyoux

Alwaysyoux
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

Im biased? When you are calling for a nerf on the whole reason my class is even slightly viable considering they never really gave us anything to compensate for healing spheres besides this stupid idea. I'm not a fan of it either but they would have to rework the whole class which is needed anyways to fix it and you know just as much as I do that won't happen. Ignorant fucks like you are ones who call for nerfs and offer no ways to fix anything or know how it will affect the class. My guess is a monk probably dunked on your ass a few times and now you're butthurt it doesn't really matter much considering you won't even post on your main. If you can't figure out how to counter LC by now you might as well quit cause you're hopeless it's way too easy and that's been my issue with it all season.

Btw you autistic fuck the statisics are on the front page of this website...

#92 YataG

YataG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Blood 1/0/2/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2194
  • 3v3: 2046
  • 5v5: 1982
  • RBG: 1702
  • Locationchicago

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

i heard theyre bring back dematerialize

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/1/2/././.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

Tbh, it's not the cocoon, which is broken, it's the whole fucking game.

Besides that PvE isnt fun, it's even more frustrating to wait there for cooldowns and pump all the time 1 button.This is in PvP an Issue aswell.

Some classes have perma truck dps and some have so much build up time, it's not even good anymore.With the many defensive CD's in the game, which dumbs down the gamepace, it's just broken in my opinion.

For example Ice Block/ Bubble.It was way better when some classes had an ability like that, now almost every class has this shit.

Ice Block, Karma, Cocoon, Bubble, Deterrence, Dark Bargain, Vanish/Cloak, Link Totem.

In addition to that, the self healing, is making swaps unviable, which makes stuff like cocoon, how mentioned before, OP.

I liked the game most, when a simple shatter combo(Mage) could cause trouble and made people use stuff, so you can swap over and end a game or even force more cooldowns.

The game in the current state is just aidsfest, casting still doesnt do shit, tunneling only 1 target is basically the game state right now and the cooldown-rotation is boring and broken.

Just my 2 cents.

#94 Schackt

Schackt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1433
  • 3v3: 1079
  • RBG: 766

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

^ this.

Simply put: most classes should have 70% of their abilities removed and/or replaced with new ones pertaining to their spesific role. Druids shouldn't have blink, ALL classes has some form of healing for themselves and/or others, and ALL classes has got at least 2 cc's/stuns/whatevs. It's insane. Back in the day, Feral Druids and Rogues were the CC'ers. A couple of casters had morphing/fear. Pallys could bubble. All classes were more or less unique, and brought something unique to any setup. Nowadays most classes are interchangable - or, they would be, hadn't it been for the HORRIBLE output inbalance we are suffering from.

#95 Mameshiba

Mameshiba
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dath'Remar
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1886
  • 3v3: 2216
  • 5v5: 1541
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

I'm going to toss in my 2 cents;To be honest; Overall I think monks are fine; its really classes like DKs,Hunters,warriors and druids who are the OP classes atm. To list it out:

DKs: Burst + their trinkets and the fact that they can DPS you while in blood, Purge/Steal and heal. (Try 1v1 a Frost DK in blood; for some classes its a straight up loss)
Hunters: Burst, Frost arrow, 20 sec, Disengage, CCDruids in general: Faerie Swarm spam (Why touch BoS before this shit? Can be cast while in any form) Healing via Shaeshifting and sitting in bear. Ferals and boomkins do retarded damage; Boomkins to some comps are literally a "DO NOT TOUCH" for some comps; purely because you'll give them procs. Feral Burst (I personally think they should reduce the CD on Incarn (120sec) and reduce the duration as well, 30 seconds (Quite fucking long)..possibily make it 12 seconds) Druid CC and Mobility (Displace is fucking stupid)
Warriors: Damage (Due to Mastery buff - Mainly the issue), Do damage while in D stance

These are the real classes that are most likely making Monks feel weak against cleaves

On topic;just as Lolflay has said; LC is simply retarded; Its already reduced to a 100 Sec CD with Improved Life Cocoon; (which to be honest should be reduced to a 90sec CD) for an ability that lasts 12 seconds. Which to be honest is fair; but the fact that they added it onto the 4 piece to reduce the CD more; is (as mentioned) retarded; it literally has a shorter CD than Shadowdance/Bladestorm.There could be so many other abilities they could have put as the set bonus instead to enhance MW survivability instead of LC which already absorbs so much; not to mention that it also increases healing received by 50%.

The guys who compared LC with PS are retarded; PS only reduced damage taken by 40% thats all; and it lasts shorter than LC by 4 seconds (Literally 1 stun). The difference also between LC and PS is that you can still damage through one; while the other absorbs everything and gives a healing received boost.PS currently has a CD of 120Sec (3 Min w/o set); 120 Seconds for 40% damage reduction... LC gives you 50% healing received and absorbs roughly 150-250k; lasts 12 second, with a 55 Second Cooldown.

Monks in general also have good mobility (They also have a free trinket - NB); not maybe as good as druid but defiantly better than a priest/shaman. What escapes do priest have? Just guise and fear/Void. Shamans? Nothing really; If you consider cap totem as something to use as an escape; then you must be tunneling too hard (It has a long cast...) those two classes; really rely on peels. Where as a Monk can trans or roll away;with regards to their CC (to self-peel/escape); their CC is short but its still enough for them to escape.

There needs to be a limit on what classes can do; don't give them 3 trinkets or very good mobility (Or escape mechs) combined with good CCs/Heals or even burst. I mean its pretty obvious that that class would turn out very strong if it had those mechanics.In regards to this topic; 55 second LC is a bit much as a defensive; as mentioned it has a shorter CD than most major burst abilities. Combined with their mobility and CC; Its not necessary for it to be that low; I'm very certain that if the set bonus was made different focusing on increasing healing, reducing CD on other specific defensive or even giving benefits when using an ability; Monks would still be strong; but wouldn't be focused so much around 1 ability to win games.

As I mentioned earlier; this is my 2c; but I defiantly don't think a class should be revolving around 1 ability alone nor should they be given maybe strengths w/o weaknesses such as priests or shamans for example.

P.S Lolflay - Respect you man

#96 Theopt

Theopt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aggra (Português)
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/0/0/./.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

I'm going to toss in my 2 cents;To be honest; Overall I think monks are fine; its really classes like DKs,Hunters,warriors and druids who are the OP classes atm. To list it out:

DKs: Burst + their trinkets and the fact that they can DPS you while in blood, Purge/Steal and heal. (Try 1v1 a Frost DK in blood; for some classes its a straight up loss)
Hunters: Burst, Frost arrow, 20 sec, Disengage, CCDruids in general: Faerie Swarm spam (Why touch BoS before this shit? Can be cast while in any form) Healing via Shaeshifting and sitting in bear. Ferals and boomkins do retarded damage; Boomkins to some comps are literally a "DO NOT TOUCH" for some comps; purely because you'll give them procs. Feral Burst (I personally think they should reduce the CD on Incarn (120sec) and reduce the duration as well, 30 seconds (Quite fucking long)..possibily make it 12 seconds) Druid CC and Mobility (Displace is fucking stupid)
Warriors: Damage (Due to Mastery buff - Mainly the issue), Do damage while in D stance

These are the real classes that are most likely making Monks feel weak against cleaves

On topic;just as Lolflay has said; LC is simply retarded; Its already reduced to a 100 Sec CD with Improved Life Cocoon; (which to be honest should be reduced to a 90sec CD) for an ability that lasts 12 seconds. Which to be honest is fair; but the fact that they added it onto the 4 piece to reduce the CD more; is (as mentioned) retarded; it literally has a shorter CD than Shadowdance/Bladestorm.There could be so many other abilities they could have put as the set bonus instead to enhance MW survivability instead of LC which already absorbs so much; not to mention that it also increases healing received by 50%.

The guys who compared LC with PS are retarded; PS only reduced damage taken by 40% thats all; and it lasts shorter than LC by 4 seconds (Literally 1 stun). The difference also between LC and PS is that you can still damage through one; while the other absorbs everything and gives a healing received boost.PS currently has a CD of 120Sec (3 Min w/o set); 120 Seconds for 40% damage reduction... LC gives you 50% healing received and absorbs roughly 150-250k; lasts 12 second, with a 55 Second Cooldown.

Monks in general also have good mobility (They also have a free trinket - NB); not maybe as good as druid but defiantly better than a priest/shaman. What escapes do priest have? Just guise and fear/Void. Shamans? Nothing really; If you consider cap totem as something to use as an escape; then you must be tunneling too hard (It has a long cast...) those two classes; really rely on peels. Where as a Monk can trans or roll away;with regards to their CC (to self-peel/escape); their CC is short but its still enough for them to escape.

There needs to be a limit on what classes can do; don't give them 3 trinkets or very good mobility (Or escape mechs) combined with good CCs/Heals or even burst. I mean its pretty obvious that that class would turn out very strong if it had those mechanics.In regards to this topic; 55 second LC is a bit much as a defensive; as mentioned it has a shorter CD than most major burst abilities. Combined with their mobility and CC; Its not necessary for it to be that low; I'm very certain that if the set bonus was made different focusing on increasing healing, reducing CD on other specific defensive or even giving benefits when using an ability; Monks would still be strong; but wouldn't be focused so much around 1 ability to win games.

As I mentioned earlier; this is my 2c; but I defiantly don't think a class should be revolving around 1 ability alone nor should they be given maybe strengths w/o weaknesses such as priests or shamans for example.

P.S Lolflay - Respect you man

I do agree with you, but the nerfs on WW damage simply makes them unviable atm. The defensive CD's are also worst than other dpers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<